Disney fanatics....

TChrist05

DIS Veteran
Hello all...people tell me I just won't grow up....we have been visiting Disney "World since our honeymoon in 1978...now go two or three times a year.....3 years ago started sailing on DCL....just sailed on May 10th Magic....rebooked next May on the ship....have a 3 day surprise cruise planned for my wife and family in September....and last week just decided to go the Saturday after Thanksgiving on the Magic.....people cannot understand how we always just go back to the same place.....it is almost like we have graduated...just did Disney for a long time....now cannot stop cruising.....just get off the ship and wish we were back on it....it can't be just me....there has to be a lot of people out there like us.....what do you think?
Tom

I just want to LIVE on the ship, that is my dream.
Not going on a cruise this year :( hopefully next year we will make it again. Cruised 4 years in a row. Now the family is spoiled and only wants to do the 7 day - I keep telling them I will do the 4 day without them.

....jumping up and down... waving arms in the air.... We are the same way. We are a family of four (DD 8yr / DS 6yr). We have been to WDW 8 times in the past 3 years, joined DVC in 2001, and took our first cruise last month (uh-oh... now we have 2 more cruises booked).

We usually take a ski vacation in February, but are considering cancelling it next year to add another cruise. WE ARE HOOKED.

There are SO many other places to go for vacation, but NO place we would rather be. Sure, others don't quite get it, but that's okay. We love it!

You can add me to this list, I would rather go to wdw than almost anywhere else, and when I do go somewhere else I wish I was there....lol
Aimee

we have come over from wales for the last eight years for our disney fix were now planning to buy an house in kissimmee and will try and get work in disney we love everything about the place:D

Originally posted by ohioMickey
....jumping up and down... waving arms in the air.... We are the same way.

I have NO idea what ohiomickey is referring to....
The only jumping up and down and waving my arms in the air is when I'm dancing to Hey Baby (a sailaway party song) during our fabricated sailaway parties in our family room. Which usually occur nightly.

Ok, ok, I give up....

Hello, my name is ohiominnie and I'm a disney addict! :)

jilljill,
My family was spoiled on the 7 day cruise too. We cruised one year on a 4 day, the next on a 3 day, then on a 7 day. This year we have a 3 day booked and will be at WDW for 4 days before the cruise. I booked a 4 day for next year (we always go in September for our twins' birthdays), but the girls were disappointed!!!! They wanted a 7 day! Well until yesterday there wasn't a 7 day cruise on their birthday next year. When the new 7 day scheduled came out yesterday I switched our 4 day to a 7 day. When I told my daughters they both started jumping up and down and screaming!

We are still going on our 3 day this year with our 4 days at WDW (booked this one with DVC points), but it looks like my family is spoiled. They want 7 day cruises!

DJ

Obviously from the crowds we see at Disney over and over, there are many Disney Addicts. I capitalize those words because they are deserving of it. We didn't get to go on our honeymoon in 1975 to WDW because DH was layed off of his job and was forced to take his vacation time before our wedding. Two years after that we made our first trip to Disney and we've been making up that honeymoon ever since. Our trip next week will be trip number 55. I think it's so appealing because if you want things to do, they are there and you don't want to do anything, you can do that too. OUr first cruise is May 2, 2004 and I can't wait to start that addiction!! Hey this is even better then my chocolate addiction because I get Disney this and that plus some very excellent chocolate! If the ship tips aft and to the one side, you'll know where to look for me!

We are also bonafide Disney-holics, but more so with the parks and all other things Disney! We just went on our first Disney cruise and as much as we'd like to be addicted to those, the pocketbook just won't allow much more than one a year. We our hoping for our second cruise next May.

Living in Tampa, we get the luxury of frequent WDW visits and the wonderful Florida resident discounts. We usually hit the parks about 3-4 times per year.

Of course there is also the Disney themed guest bath, the Mickey doormat, the Pooh flag, the curio cabinet filled with Disney figurines, a Christmas tree filled with Disney ornaments.......need I go on????:p

I eat , sleep Disney all of the time. I check the boards every day. Plan trips. My livingroom is filled with Disney stuff . My 18,19, 20 year old all love Disney. My scrapbooks are full of Disney . I haven't stepped foot on my first Disney cruise yet, but I know once I do it will be one more thing that I just have to do. Hey , they don't call me the Disney Queen for nothin !

http://groups.msn.com/CindyAKADisneyQueensPage

I actually wrote a paper in my MBA program on how Disney keeps people coming back year after year....or month after month! It is interesting how people that have never been to WDW or on the cruise just don't get it! My study came back with over 90% of people that have been, planning on going back! No wonder Disney offers marketing courses on their strategy....

OK....Disney fanatic back....had a talk with my wife today...we are going on the 7 day Magic on November 29th....and the 7 day Magic western next May 8th....have a surprise 3 day Wonder cruise planned on September 11th(hated the date but had to)...and had a conversation while we were driving and I brought up a 3 day cruise...she told me she could never go one one again after doing the 7 day....now I have my daughter and my mother in law coming on the 3 day....she has no idea about it....we are spending 3 nights in our new Vacation Club home Beach Club Villas....and to me a three night is better than nothing....but I hope she is not upset it is only 3 nights....never have been able to surprise her before......gonna do it this time......I guess she will be satisfied......leaving on Sept. 8th....3 nights in the BCV and then the cruise....have to leave it up to my daughter to pack some things for the cruise for her.....anyway......let the surprise begin!
Tom

Tom.

Sounds like a awesome surprise, wish my DH would do something like that. Don't worry she will love it! :p

Originally posted by TChrist05
and the 7 day Magic western next May 8th

See ya there! :) We'll be on that cruise!

How old is your dd?? Mine will be 9.

My daughter is 23 years old....loves Disney World immensely.....does not like the cruise thing....just going this time since her grandmother is going.....but she likes to be miserable these days......dad is not real smart accoriding to her.....by the time she is 25 I probably will smarten up......see ya there!
Tom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter