Disney Fairies movies

No there will be no Tinkerbell movie in 2016. The Disney Fairies series was cancelled back in 2013 due to declining sales.

However the Pirate Fairy/Neverbeast reversed that trend and now the seventh movie is reportedly back on per D23 expo. Unfortunately since they were not very far on it back in 2013 it's currently not scheduled for release until 2020 as DisneyToon studios had just started working on it back in 2013 when the series cancellation happened, and since that time there have been major layoffs between the cancellation of the fairies franchise and the crash landing of Planes 2. (No one seems to be able to confirm whether Planes 3 which was to be their next project is still going forward or has been cancelled?). Thus you have to wait 5 years for the next adventure of Tinkerbell and friends.

Last edited:
My goodness, that's a long time! My kids will be sad, as they have just started watching the Tinker Bell movies and really love them. I hope Tinker Bell continues her meet and greet at Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter