Disney experts - please help

sdjen

DIS Veteran
We have just booked a Disney cruise for next year. We will probably be flying down on Thursday and the cruise begins on Saturday. So, that leaves us trying to decide what to do on Friday. FYI... there will be 3 adults, 9 year old boy and 8 year old girl.

None of us have ever been to any of the Disney parks. If you had to pick one park for one day, which one would you recommend and why. I get a little overwhelmed trying to decide having never been there.

The past two cruises we did Seaworld once and Seaworld once. I am thinking a DIsney park would be fun.

Thanks in advance!

though i love epcot - especially with adults - to get yourself into the magic i would recommend magic kingdom

None of us have ever been to any of the Disney parks. If you had to pick one park for one day, which one would you recommend and why. I get a little overwhelmed trying to decide having never been there.

The past two cruises we did Seaworld once and Seaworld once. I am thinking a DIsney park would be fun.

Thanks in advance!

The Magic Kingdom is the ultimate Disney park. That is where the magic is. :wizard: pixiedust:

Another vote for The Magic Kingdom. It's not Disney till you see the Castle.
Since you've never been to any Disney parks, and you only have the 1 day, you'll want to make the most of it, and do as much as you can and avoid long lines, so you will need a plan.
I highly recommend Touringplans.com It gives you a plan to see the attractions in a certain order, and utilizing fast passes, so that you are doing more and waiting less. They work.

Magic Kingdom.... theres nothing more magical than seeing the Castle in person!!

I agree with Magic Kingdom. All of the parks are great, but if it was my first time to Disney and I had to choose just 1 park for 1 day, MK would be my choice :goodvibes.

I'm with everyone else for first time and one day,Magic kingdom surpasses the other parks!!!! It's just super magical to walk through the gate!!!!! Enjoy

Thanks everyone!

Sounds like MK is the right choice!

Sue M = thanks for the idea of touring plans. I love that idea as I am kind of lost as to what to even do when we get there. It is hard to visualize from a map!

We have just booked a Disney cruise for next year. We will probably be flying down on Thursday and the cruise begins on Saturday. So, that leaves us trying to decide what to do on Friday. FYI... there will be 3 adults, 9 year old boy and 8 year old girl.

Thanks in advance!

We are going on the Fantasy this summer and flying in on Thursday as well for one park day. And we chose....Magic Kingdom! My kids are 12 and 10, but we didn't see the new Fantasyland completed on our trip last September, so we want to check that out. Plus, I was able to get a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest in MK, which we have been anxious to check out. We are considering park hoppers just so we can also ride the new Test Track at Epcot, but it doesn't seem worth the extra cost for one ride (we have seem=n everything else at Epcot and were there in Sept.). Now I have to figure out where we want to stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter