• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney everything has crashed

jdkdorn

Disneyholic and SSR/BCV DVC Member
The websites are down, DVC doesn't let you in and the phones all ring a lot then go busy. I am not just talking about DVC either, the regularlines are down too. Why can they not get their IT crap together. This has been an issue as long as Disney has been on the net. Their websites are not cell phone firendly and they take forever to log on and then they crash. They knew this would be a busy day and they still don't have a clue

Ugh, I feel you, have been trying to call for hours. First the constant busy signal, now just the ring and ring and ring! They really could have been better prepared for this!

The websites are down, DVC doesn't let you in and the phones all ring a lot then go busy. I am not just talking about DVC either, the regularlines are down too. Why can they not get their IT crap together. This has been an issue as long as Disney has been on the net. Their websites are not cell phone firendly and they take forever to log on and then they crash. They knew this would be a busy day and they still don't have a clue

Upgrading IT systems can cost big bucks, if Disney spends the money to improve customer service, they can't brag that they made 7 billion dollars profit in one year!

:earsboy: Bill

I think that tomorrow would be a good time to mosey on over to the dvcmember website and double-check all my upcoming reservations. Ever since the time I arrived at the front desk of a sold out resort to find that part of my reservation had been inexplicably cancelled I get nervous. And although DVC never did give me an explanation for what had happened, they were VERY nice to me when they called back (when I initially called, they just said "we need to research this to see what happened"). Is it fair that I have absolutely no faith in Disney's IT?

Problems started last night, neighbour tried to book her dinner reservations and couldn't. She did finally get through but not till mid day, so she got BOG but on her last day there 180 +10 so had to change her plans around.

Ugh, I feel you, have been trying to call for hours. First the constant busy signal, now just the ring and ring and ring! They really could have been better prepared for this!

Upgrading IT systems can cost big bucks, if Disney spends the money to improve customer service, they can't brag that they made 7 billion dollars profit in one year!

:earsboy: Bill

I am frustrated as well, and there are IT issues in general.
With that said, in regards to phone system for DVC, it makes no sense to spend a crazy sum of money to be able to handle a one day scenario where everyone is calling to make new or change resv's to Poly. Ev

The same goes with the website. Now if you want to discuss needs for IT changes etc in general that is another issue. But to build system to handle this once every couple of years occurrence would just be silly. If you have ever tried to go online to tickets.com or another site for concert, or sporting event. The site crashes almost every time and that is for companies that have their revenue stream tied directly to an event. I am frustrated as well but eventually got through

They should have never released 180 days for BOG at one time. They should have done 30 or 60 and then gradually increased it.

I was actually calling the general Disney World number and it was down for 2 hours. A lot of money lost in two hours of not being able to book for those that do not own DVC. My biggest issue with their IT is the lack of functionality. We should be able to make changes to our reservations without having to cancel them and risk losing one for the other and starting over or alter a waitlist if one day comes through so you do not go to the end of the line. They let you do that for dining so the functionality is out there. The biggest issue that shows they are behind the times is the fact that you cannot check how many days are left on a pass unless you are at WDW. EVERY gift card if the world has either a website or a phone number you can call to check a balnce. With the MDE you would think that would be something that they could build in.

We are true Disney Fanatics and it will always be our first choice for most vacations but they are beginning to frustrate me with the complete lack of customer service. When we had the great Claire in charge of DVC she starting bringing back the perks and you felt that she cared about our opinions and needs. Disney did not like that and shipped her to Paris and now they have someone that pretends to listen.

Enough of my rant, I guess lack of sleep and bitter cold bring out the worst in my Disney attitude. I will be better tomorrow o_O:cold:

General IT issues aside, upgrading the system for a one-day bombardment of calls and logins is not fiscally wise. I agree with the above statements that the timing of BOG and Poly is terrible planning.

At HS this am and since we're local trying to be spontaneous. Couldn't get dining reservations for over an hour because the system was down. Finally ended up at Whispering Canyon...one of our favorites....but I do miss the old spontaneity!

once a year craziness isn't too much to be prepared for. there are ways to create online queues so that people don't have to keep trying, they just load once and wait. Between the disney sites, they have a lot of "first days" between dcl, abd and the parks.

General IT issues aside, upgrading the system for a one-day bombardment of calls and logins is not fiscally wise. I agree with the above statements that the timing of BOG and Poly is terrible planning.

Actually, if the system is architected and designed properly capacity should not be an issue. Yes I am an IT guy and have designed and adminstrated IVR systems and Call Center systems (BIG ones) as a part of my career.

I am getting error message when I log in. Says it doesn't recognize my membership with lots of programming characters. Anyone else having this problem?

From what I know they started around 06:00 this morning and continued most of the day. I got mine for BOG in at 05:45. There are 2 Facebook groups I am in and many were very frustrated trying to get their BOG lunch dates set..smjj

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter