Disney Erased All my FP+ and Won't Reinstate Them

That's an interesting idea. But they'd have to find a way to verify it was being used by the right person. Or people would start selling them. Most with an AP won't give their band to someone else to use. But a slip of paper? In a heartbeat.

Personally, I don't care if people sell them. It's no more people ahead of me than it would have been.

But my evil plan is that the FP+ still shows up on MM+ if everything goes right and the guests still scans and goes in, they just have a piece of paper that confirms it if the system faults instead of being sent down the guest relations spiral. It still has a name on it and the CM should notice if it's different from the name that showed up on the scan (if the guest's name doesn't show up at all they probably wouldn't have gotten in the park at all).

Personally, I don't care if people sell them. It's no more people ahead of me than it would have been.

But my evil plan is that the FP+ still shows up on MM+ if everything goes right and the guests still scans and goes in, they just have a piece of paper that confirms it if the system faults instead of being sent down the guest relations spiral. It still has a name on it and the CM should notice if it's different from the name that showed up on the scan (if the guest's name doesn't show up at all they probably wouldn't have gotten in the park at all).

I guess with legacy FP they could minimize selling FPs because the person with the FP had to be IN the park to get them. I would just be wary of any system that allowed people not in the park to sell the daily FPs they had access to. Capacity is a big enough concern as it is.

But I think the biggest problem is that for Disney to design something to mitigate the problems they are having would require that Disney actually admit there's a problem. Not gonna happen.

The whole thing saddens me greatly and quite frankly stresses me out.

For my upcoming trip I have a group of 9 with 2 of the people in my group already having issues with MDE. We spent time with IT on the issue and it is still buggy. I have people showing up twice and I don't know which is the "real" person. Hopefully I can get it sorted out before my fast pass plus selection day which is fast approaching.

No one wants to take time from their vacation (which they spent goodness knows how much time planning and an inordinate amount of money IN ADVANCE) to go to Guest Relations to fix issues that should not be issues at all. No one likes to be called a liar and a cheat (which is happening by default). Having to defend yourself to Disney is inexcusable and is humiliating to guests and sucks the joy out of a vacation.

I should be able to select my FPs and use them for attractions. I should be able to gain entrance into the parks with my park tickets. I should be able to make reservations for restaurants and my reservation should be there when I show up to dine. These things should work EVERY time.

There are serious holes in this system. Disney is banking on guests not wanting to spend time in the Guest Relations line. They are placing an undue burden on guests to just eat Disney's glitches (mistakes) and it is NOT OK.

I should be able to select my FPs and use them for attractions. I should be able to gain entrance into the parks with my park tickets. I should be able to make reservations for restaurants and my reservation should be there when I show up to dine. These things should work EVERY time.

Yeah. Who knew these things would even be up for discussion? I bet Disney expects to be paid. On time. EVERY single time. Funny how there are no holes in THAT system.

We lost a day of FP+'s in June too. We are Annual Passholders, and spent the first part of the week in a Timeshare, then moved to POP for the weekend before heading home Sunday. We had FP+ reservations for Sat at MK (including Mine Train) that I had made on the 60 day window. After we checked into POP, they had disappeared. :confused3 Never got to the bottom of it because I wasn't willing to spend hours out of my vacation waiting at Guest Services.

...We are specifically told if a large party linked together all gets a green Mickey and 1 single person doesn't just let the person through...

Perfect, with this info I am now able to get four FP for our family of four!
Ride 1, FP for all but myself
Ride 2, FP for all but DW
Ride 3, FP for all but DS
Ride 4, FP for all but DD
Look surprised and complain at each ride that the one without FP is a glitch.
Just avoid A&E and 7DMT where they are more picky.

Of course, I don't plan to do this, but there are always a few people trying to find ways to cheat the system (and I'm not talking about legitimate knowledge allowing you to maximize, this would be true cheating). What I described above will be tried by someone (and plenty of folks could figure this out without my post, it is too obvious) if it is common practice and common knowledge that one failed scan per group is allowed to get through.

I don't know what is the right approach to solving these problems. I like to believe that Disney should be able to have a system that won't lose your FP, or can be easily remedied if it does, but I also know that we all benefit from a system that limits the ability to cheat. I know FP- is not coming back, and I have yet to actually experience FP+ (soon though!). I just share the sympathies for those that don't get what was expected, and share the anxieties (though I won't let it overwhelm me) that there will be problems when we go this fall.

By the way, for those that do get waived through on a lost FP, I would think that the CM could still check and see what other FP had already been used or if others exist; requiring you to give another one up in exchange for getting through so you do not end up with four, or not letting you through if you already used three. This might prevent/reduce the type of cheating I described at the start of the post. I'm talking about cheating to get the fourth, not for those gotten at kiosks in the park that day (I assume the system could be programmed to tell the difference).

Of course, I don't plan to do this, but there are always a few people trying to find ways to cheat the system (and I'm not talking about legitimate knowledge allowing you to maximize, this would be true cheating). What I described above will be tried by someone (and plenty of folks could figure this out without my post, it is too obvious) if it is common practice and common knowledge that one failed scan per group is allowed to get through.

I don't know what is the right approach to solving these problems. I like to believe that Disney should be able to have a system that won't lose your FP, or can be easily remedied if it does, but I also know that we all benefit from a system that limits the ability to cheat. I know FP- is not coming back, and I have yet to actually experience FP+ (soon though!). I just share the sympathies for those that don't get what was expected, and share the anxieties (though I won't let it overwhelm me) that there will be problems when we go this fall.

By the way, for those that do get waived through on a lost FP, I would think that the CM could still check and see what other FP had already been used or if others exist; requiring you to give another one up in exchange for getting through so you do not end up with four, or not letting you through if you already used three. This might prevent/reduce the type of cheating I described at the start of the post. I'm talking about cheating to get the fourth, not for those gotten at kiosks in the park that day (I assume the system could be programmed to tell the difference).
I can see your point, but what's the benefit to the people who are attempting this?

That's an awful lot of work for a fastpass that's available after you use the first three. Yes?

I guess it depends on what you're trying to get. A FP reserved in advance is worth more than waiting to see what happens to be left same day after you use your first 3.

Split your group up into two parties of two, and double your pleasure, double your fun.

[QUOTE="MAD on]. By the way, for those that do get waived through on a lost FP, I would think that the CM could still check and see what other FP had already been used or if others exist; requiring you to give another one up in exchange for getting through so you do not end up with four.[/QUOTE]

This happened to us last week. 3 of us were green and one blue on 7DMT. The blue one was a 14 year old boy who showed ETWB instead somehow. The CM changed it without question- I assumed because of the circumstances.

. I am DVC and our reservation number never changes when adding the dining plan. I would think that FP should be okay. But this is new system for us so I have no idea if anything is safe. :)

No one probably cares, but I'll inconvenience a few million electrons and photons.

When you book room only, you're dealing with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts (WDPR). When you add dining, airfare, ground, etc you're now dealing with Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC). They have completely separate systems. Adding the DDP cancels your numeric WDPR itinerary and creates a new alphanumeric WDTC itinerary. One reason is **HISTORICALLY** it was unlawful to sell "packages" unless you were a Travel Agent licensed in whatever states. And those states took a slice of the action as a regulatory fee. For Disney, booking everything under the WDTC banner resulted in unnecessary regulatory fees. In addition, there are TA commissions, and the backend WDTC systems look more like a travel agency while WDPR's backend a proprietary house system.

What really confuses things is that Disney does "magic" and lets you call the same number and speak with the same cast member; this stuff just happens on the backend. But I can assure you that the backends of the two companies are way different and hence why "adding" DDP creates a whole new itinerary.

Now, DVC is little bit weird. DVCMC (DVC Management Company) purchases DDP from TWDC **wholesale**. So in that case, your ressy is in third information silo. In their system, they're just adding a feature to an itinerary.

Now - I FULLY AGREE the guest shouldn't have to deal with this horse hockey. But as long as WDPR, WDTC, and DVCMC are three separate profit centers each with an associate CIO and the money for MDE/FP+ is coming from WDPR, there's nearly zero chance of those funds being used for a ground-up re-do of the backends at WDTC and DVCMC. Not to mention WDPR outsources backend IT to IBM, while WDTC uses Sabre et al, and DVCMC uses someone else.

And TWDC is hardly unique - this kind of "silo" approach with bare-minimum integration is pretty common in the enterprise because the latest management theories favor letting business units run their own show and the mothership acting like a holding company. It's partially how you attract talent; "As president of XYZ division, you'll full run of the show. No external party to impair your profit / bonus making potential."

No one probably cares, but I'll inconvenience a few million electrons and photons.

When you book room only, you're dealing with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts (WDPR). When you add dining, airfare, ground, etc you're now dealing with Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC). They have completely separate systems. Adding the DDP cancels your numeric WDPR itinerary and creates a new alphanumeric WDTC itinerary. One reason is **HISTORICALLY** it was unlawful to sell "packages" unless you were a Travel Agent licensed in whatever states. And those states took a slice of the action as a regulatory fee. For Disney, booking everything under the WDTC banner resulted in unnecessary regulatory fees. In addition, there are TA commissions, and the backend WDTC systems look more like a travel agency while WDPR's backend a proprietary house system.

What really confuses things is that Disney does "magic" and lets you call the same number and speak with the same cast member; this stuff just happens on the backend. But I can assure you that the backends of the two companies are way different and hence why "adding" DDP creates a whole new itinerary.

Now, DVC is little bit weird. DVCMC (DVC Management Company) purchases DDP from TWDC **wholesale**. So in that case, your ressy is in third information silo. In their system, they're just adding a feature to an itinerary.

Now - I FULLY AGREE the guest shouldn't have to deal with this horse hockey. But as long as WDPR, WDTC, and DVCMC are three separate profit centers each with an associate CIO and the money for MDE/FP+ is coming from WDPR, there's nearly zero chance of those funds being used for a ground-up re-do of the backends at WDTC and DVCMC. Not to mention WDPR outsources backend IT to IBM, while WDTC uses Sabre et al, and DVCMC uses someone else.

And TWDC is hardly unique - this kind of "silo" approach with bare-minimum integration is pretty common in the enterprise because the latest management theories favor letting business units run their own show and the mothership acting like a holding company. It's partially how you attract talent; "As president of XYZ division, you'll full run of the show. No external party to impair your profit / bonus making potential."

And did you hear how the CEO of General Motors explained how the faulty ignition switch problem arose and remained undetected? She said that the information was confined to silos. Her exact words. Send a link to this thread to Bob Iger. I bet he doesn't have a clue about how these silos don't cascade their information between one another and would call people into his office in a heartbeat to fix the problem.

"As president of XYZ division, you'll full run of the show. No external party to impair your profit / bonus making potential."

Or lack thereof at the rate they are going.

For my upcoming trip I have a group of 9 with 2 of the people in my group already having issues with MDE. We spent time with IT on the issue and it is still buggy. I have people showing up twice and I don't know which is the "real" person. Hopefully I can get it sorted out before my fast pass plus selection day which is fast approaching.

No one wants to take time from their vacation (which they spent goodness knows how much time planning and an inordinate amount of money IN ADVANCE) to go to Guest Relations to fix issues that should not be issues at all. No one likes to be called a liar and a cheat (which is happening by default). Having to defend yourself to Disney is inexcusable and is humiliating to guests and sucks the joy out of a vacation.

There are serious holes in this system. Disney is banking on guests not wanting to spend time in the Guest Relations line. They are placing an undue burden on guests to just eat Disney's glitches (mistakes) and it is NOT OK.

Wish the DIS had a like button!:thumbsup2, I agree 100% and as someone stated Disney has now glitches with getting its payments.

No one probably cares, but I'll inconvenience a few million electrons and photons. When you book room only, you're dealing with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts (WDPR). When you add dining, airfare, ground, etc you're now dealing with Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC). They have completely separate systems. Adding the DDP cancels your numeric WDPR itinerary and creates a new alphanumeric WDTC itinerary."

Agree 100% that the reservation would have to be cancelled if you "switch" from room only to a package, this has always been the case. However the OP had an existing MYW package it just did not include dining.

Agree 100% that the reservation would have to be cancelled if you "switch" from room only to a package, this has always been the case. However the OP had an existing MYW package it just did not include dining.

Yes but I had rooms, added tickets and was specifically warned that I could not go back and add dining later. So something clearly occurs when you switch from no dining to dining. Maybe it stems from the way you have to have at least 2 day tickets to get free dining. It is quite possible the CM clicked the wrong option along the way. But whatever went wrong, either due to error by the CM or design flaw in the software, it caused OP's tickets to be changed in a way that it dropped her FP.

Thank you, thank you for verbalizing my thoughts and feelings (also) so perfectly.

Ah. I thought it was a RO based on what other posters were saying. In any case, there should be a migration tool available to CMs to preserve the FPs and re-associate them with the new itinerary. But from what others are saying it doesn't appear there is one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter