Disney Entitlement is transferring onto the roads now too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, how about we phrase it this way??? The OP was there, in the area of that most happiest of places in the world, when someone came along and ruined the magic for him. Hah!!! Made it about Disney.

Any way.....perhaps, just perhaps, the OP didn't have as much room as he thought he had when he moved in front of that SUV. Maybe, just maybe, the SUV driver was surprised since maybe, just maybe, he had been adjusting his AC, so didn't notice the OP moving in front of him...and he got annoyed. So, maybe he figured he would 'show' the OP....jumped behind him and tailgated. Yep, that sure showed 'im didn't it??!!!

All in all...the OP should have just moved over, back into the middle lane. He said, in the original post, that there were no cars in front of the SUV, in that middle lane, so the SUV had no need to move over and tailgate. So, why couldn't he, the OP, have just moved over into the empty lane??? Or, if it was so empty, why didn't he wait until the SUV had passed him and then moved into that lane behind him???
Ah!! See...many different scenarios that I can imagine. There is fault all around.
Have a magical day!!!
read my post again.. I was going home.. of which I go to the parks every 6 weeks or so. I see the difference in how people drive there and cut others off when they get closer to their exit.. and a little FYI, I am a she. Why should I have moved back over, so the Toyota could just follow me over there again. The Toyota followed me because in his eyes I cut him off. True, this could have happened anywhere, not just at Disney. However because it happened here, when the Toyota did realize he was at his exit, he had to cross over 3 lanes of traffic at this point, cutting others off to get to his exit all because he wanted to ride my bumper... get the picture now

I think everyone is being a bit too touchy the Disney was brought into the conversation. The fact is that with the OP's intentions, the tailgater was out of line. The OP was moving out to the left to avoid slower traffic that was anticipated ahead due to the Disney exits. Sure, the tailgater didn't know the OP's intentions, but they should have relaxed and not tailgated so close that they could have killed someone.

Road Rage is so common these days and you can see that type of behavior everywhere, including Disney.

Everyone have a nice day! Life is too precious to get all worked up about someone like the SUV driver......

Look at me.... I am feeling a warm and fuzzy today....... lol

Duds
you understand what I was saying.. and I related it to Disney as they were getting off one of the Disney exits.. and relating it to those that block you at the attraction cue when you are trying to get to your family members...:lmao: "The Bully".. the bully on the road, the bully on the cue... that was why I related it. I would bet anything that person's personality is one that would do that in the parks. Road rage on the road, park rage in the parks... it equates to much of the same thing... no patience.. and life is too precious to have it cut short by some jerk cutting people off and killing them...:sad2:

I'm sorry to say it, but you were both equally rude. It is not ok to drive in the left lane, unless you are passing someone. He should not have been tailgating you, but you should not have been just cruising in the left lane either.

I normally do not drive in the left lane unless I am passing someone. However, on this stretch of I-4 I always do. I find that with all the tourist who do not know what exit they want, they realize a bit too late and have a tendency to cut others off and cause accidents. I know if I am not getting off at any of the Disney exits I stay over to the left and drive with the flow of traffic. If you drive I-4 as much as I do, you might know what I am talking about and you would see that others do in fact drive in that left lane. It is safer as opposed to being in the middle lane then having others from the left realizing they need to get over, and they don't care if you are there or not, they are getting over. When going approx 5 miles over the speed limit, with the flow of traffic, I do not hold up the traffic behind me. If someone wants to speed, let them go around me. The left lane is not the "no speed limit lane". It does have a speed limit. Just because those that want to travel 20 miles over it feel you don't belong there doesn't mean you don't. They are in the wrong for speeding. ;) Tell an officer why you were tailgating.. gee officer, she was only going 70 in a 65 and I could not go that slow... duhhh not going to fly is it?

Sounds like possibly 2 cases of aggressive driving, one driver for speeding & tailgating, and one for speeding and improper lane change.

From Statute 316.085:
"No vehicle shall be driven from a direct course in any lane on any highway until the driver has determined that the vehicle is not being approached or passed by any other vehicle in the lane or on the side to which the driver desires to move..."
hmmmm not sure if you read the entire statue or not...

In every event the overtaking vehicle must return to an authorized lane of travel as soon as practicable and, in the event the passing movement involves the use of a lane authorized for vehicles approaching from the opposite direction, before coming within 200 feet of any approaching vehicle.

and I do believe that is exactly what I did. I waited until I could safely see both his headlights in my rear view mirror (that is a rule of thumb for when to change lanes), once in the middle lane in front of him, I checked to see if left lane was clear, and it was, I moved to the left lane.. so I would say that once I overtook the vehicle, I returned to an authorized lane of travel, as the left lane is an authorized lane of travel to continue straight on I-4. There are no signs stating it is for passing only.

FYI for anyone not knowing FL's laws.. it is not against the law in Fl to use the left lanes excpet for passing. In some states it may be, but in Fl it is not. You can drive in the left lane.. Gov Bush tried to pass it in 2005 but it was never signed into law. So when you all are going to tell me I am wrong to drive in the left lane, please double check the laws of the State of FL. before doing so...:goodvibes and when driving in that left lane, you must be doing the speed limit. You cannot be doing below it. You also are not supposed to be doing much over it either, it is not the Daytona 500 track.

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

Is everyone missing the underlined? From what I understand, OP moved into the middle lane (in front of the soon-to-be tailgater) and then immediately moved over into the left-most lane. Out of STB tailgater's lane. The TAILGATER moved over just so that he/she could tailgate!

This has happened to me and it's soooooooo unnerving. Believe me, even if OP would have moved back into the middle lane, tailgater would have moved too and would have continued to tailgate. And at 70 mph! :mad: The idiots, morons, imbeciles, who do this put EVERYONE on the road at risk. This happened to me well over 20 years ago and I can still remember it like it was yesterday. I changed lanes, sped up, slowed down - nothing I did made any difference. He was so close I couldn't even see his headlights in my rearview. I was shaking by the time I took an exit - any exit - just to get this idiot off my bumper.

OP - so sorry this happened to you. But you don't know if the moron was a vacationer or a local peeved at the vacationers. KWIM?

you got it! had I moved over, he would have followed me back. There was no reason for him to have gone into that left lane other than to have followed me. There was no one in front of him in the middle that he needed to pass.. not like he wanted to get around anyone. Maybe he wasn't a vacationing jerk, maybe a working jerk, who knows.. but is sure was a Disney exit he was getting off at... and he had luggage on his luggage rack, that I did forget to say until just now when I was trying to envision his car.. I could not see a plate, so I don't know from what State, but there was luggage on his rack.. so more than likely he was going to the happiest place on earth and was in one big hurry.. just as the other poster (on theme parks board) who was complaining about driving to the World and getting a speeding ticket in GA.. she felt that the police in GA stop those going through the state on their way to Disney and give them tickets.. she was doing 86 in a 70, but could not see that was the reason she was stopped...:confused::confused3 ok.... you are doing 16 over the limit and you are going to blame the State and the Officer... that is an example of Disney entitlement... or just being spoiled.. either one :goodvibes

you got it! had I moved over, he would have followed me back. There was no reason for him to have gone into that left lane other than to have followed me.

And people say that he was not in the right *as well*. He did wrong. But once he was doing that, it behooved you to get out of his way, no matter what the reason behind his actions.

FYI for anyone not knowing FL's laws.. it is not against the law in Fl to use the left lanes excpet for passing. In some states it may be, but in Fl it is not. You can drive in the left lane.. Gov Bush tried to pass it in 2005 but it was never signed into law. So when you all are going to tell me I am wrong to drive in the left lane, please double check the laws of the State of FL. before doing so...:goodvibes and when driving in that left lane, you must be doing the speed limit. You cannot be doing below it. You also are not supposed to be doing much over it either, it is not the Daytona 500 track.

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

It may not be legally wrong to drive in the left hand lane, but as far as being a courteous driver goes, it is still rude and annoying to everyone else on the road.

read my post again.. I was going home.. of which I go to the parks every 6 weeks or so. I see the difference in how people drive there and cut others off when they get closer to their exit.. and a little FYI, I am a she. Why should I have moved back over, so the Toyota could just follow me over there again. The Toyota followed me because in his eyes I cut him off. True, this could have happened anywhere, not just at Disney. However because it happened here, when the Toyota did realize he was at his exit, he had to cross over 3 lanes of traffic at this point, cutting others off to get to his exit all because he wanted to ride my bumper... get the picture now
Oh, I 'get the picture', I truly do. And you know what??? It amazes me that you just know what the other driver was thinking.
I see fault everywhere on this one. And evidently, you didn't 'get' the gist of my post. I merely tried to bring it back to a Disney topic.

It would seem that the OP feels that SHE bears no responsibility here....and having not been there, I can't say either way. But I have to imagine that there is fault all the way around.
So, with this in mind, and the fact that the OP steadfastly refuses to believe that SHE was responsible at all, and steadfastly comes back to argue with just about everyone??? Yep, this thread is done, before it goes any further downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter