Disney entertainment card

welovespacemoutain

Mouseketeer
I have 2 rooms booked at the Portifino for the end of the month using the entertainment rate. I have a 2003 Entertainment card and a Disney Club card with the entertainment logo. When booking the reservation, the lady told me I need 2 cards and I asked her if the Disney one was ok - she did not know and had me call the front desk at the Portifino. I spoke with someone there and he told me it was fine as long as it had the entertainment logo. I have since read here that Universal does not give discounts using the Disney entertainment card. Has anyone actually presented a Disney card with the logo and been denied the rate?

I'm not sure this is an exact reply to the question you posed, however, we have stayed at the Portofino 3 times (soon to be 4 !) and have booked our room with the entertainment card/ rate each time. Now, we have the regular card
>> BUT<< they have NEVER asked to see the card at check - in.
As I said, that's not a direct answer, but I hope it reassures you.

Haggy
(who is getting all to comfortable at the Portofino !)

Sorry, but I don't have the definitive answer either -- perhaps because it might depend on who you talk to :-)

Earlier this year I booked PBH with Entertainment rate and asked about the Disney card and was told that wouldn't work --- it had to be a regular Entertainment card. At the same time I read similar things on several boards. (We had to cancel, so never actually found out for sure, but will try again next year.

I appreciate the input. I have read the instructions in the Disney Club brochure and in the Entertainment book. They are exactly the same. Both say to ask for the "Entertainment rate" (not a "Disney" entertainment rate or "regular" entertainment rate). Both say to identify yourself as an "entertainment member". Both say to present the membership card at check-in. Here is the key point - the Disney card says to present your card with the logo (crown logo and the word entertainment on it) --- the entertainment book specifically says to present a card with either one of 2 logos - the basic crown that is on the entertainment card OR the one with the same logo as the actual Disney card. So, I am bringing my entertainment book along with me as insurance in case anyone gives me a hard time (which I doubt they will).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter