• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney employee help

bosox18

Mouseketeer
Hoping someone out there can explain a few things to me. Just this year I began working for a Disney subsidiary and have been granted with a Silver Pass which allows me to bring my family into the parks. I work in a remote office, however, and don't have an HR person who understands any of the discounts for food, merchandise, etc.

I also don't understand how the silver pass works completely ... can my wife bring one of my kids to the hotel for a nap while I stay at the park with the other, or do I have to be with her so she can get back in the park, for instance?

If there's a current or past CM out there who could answer a few questions, please PM me. Thanks.

You have to be with them when you first enter the park. Everyone has to enter at the same time, so you wouldn't be able to, say, go and get in and have your wife go later and meet you.

If you all enter at the same time, then you will get tickets, and those are how you return. There would be no problem if you stayed, and your wife came back later to meet up with you.

If you log into the enterprise portal and check your discounts, it will tell you what your merch and dining discounts are. The dining discount has a lot of exclusions, so pay close attention and don't expect the discount everywhere at anytime.

You have to be with them when you first enter the park. Everyone has to enter at the same time, so you wouldn't be able to, say, go and get in and have your wife go later and meet you.

If you all enter at the same time, then you will get tickets, and those are how you return. There would be no problem if you stayed, and your wife came back later to meet up with you.

Thanks for the informative answers! I am the spouse of a CM who has a Silver Pass, and I've been looking for information online about how it works, and there isn't really that much online outside of this thread and a couple of others. I was hoping someone could help me clarify the following questions:

1. As a spouse, should I receive a physical Silver Pass card of my very own, or does the CM simply "add" his or her spouse's name to the CM's Silver Pass, and they "share" it?

2. When we get to the parks, where exactly do we go to be admitted into the parks with the Silver Pass?

3. Did I understand you correctly that the CM and his/her guests (including spouse) will receive actual admission tickets for that day after presenting the Silver Pass?

3a. If so, are these Park Hopper tickets, or are we restricted to one park per day? Are there any noteworthy restriction / perks to the admission tickets we get, or are they "normal" admission tickets?

3b. If we don't get actual admission tickets, how is every person in the party able to procure FastPasses once inside the park?

Thank you very much for helping me with this! :-D

you got your spouse pass the same time I "lost" mine, as my husband was swept in the layoffs. Fortunately, he's baaaaack! Hopefully by now you have all your questions answered. Isn't that Spouse Silver Pass the best??

Thanks for the informative answers! I am the spouse of a CM who has a Silver Pass, and I've been looking for information online about how it works, and there isn't really that much online outside of this thread and a couple of others. I was hoping someone could help me clarify the following questions:

1. As a spouse, should I receive a physical Silver Pass card of my very own, or does the CM simply "add" his or her spouse's name to the CM's Silver Pass, and they "share" it?

2. When we get to the parks, where exactly do we go to be admitted into the parks with the Silver Pass?

3. Did I understand you correctly that the CM and his/her guests (including spouse) will receive actual admission tickets for that day after presenting the Silver Pass?

3a. If so, are these Park Hopper tickets, or are we restricted to one park per day? Are there any noteworthy restriction / perks to the admission tickets we get, or are they "normal" admission tickets?

3b. If we don't get actual admission tickets, how is every person in the party able to procure FastPasses once inside the park?

Thank you very much for helping me with this! :-D

1. My son is a CM and his wife has her own Silver Pass, which she can use to enter a park even if he is not with her.

2. There is a separate CM turnstile, it has a sign above it.

3.Yes that is correct, that ticket can be used for obtaining Fast Passes.

3a. No they are not park hopper tickets, if you go to another park you would just use your Silver Pass again.

3b. The ticket you are given when entering can be used for Fast Passes.

The spouse of a CM with a Silver Pass will have a Silver Pass of his/her own, (with there own name on it) which they can use to enter a park even if the CM is not present. My DS is a CM and my DDIL has her own Silver Pass and goes to the park with the kids while DS and I play golf.

I think this thread properly belongs in the Cast Member forum, not a public forum. I would suggest contacting Webmaster Doc via PM to get access to that forum.

I work in ticketing and some of the answers here are not fully accurate, but I will not correct them in a forum with access for non-cast.

I have another question. I know CM's can get a silver pass for their spouse, can they get one for a young adult/late teen child that still resides with them? My bf's dad is a CM and his step-mom has a silver pass, but for some reason likes to use up all the free tickets instead of using her silver pass so we never get to go. :( He won't buy him an AP either since he gets the free tickets he figures why should he pay for one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter