• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Eastern Fantasy Concierge Trip Report | October 5-12, 2013

Today is the day!! We are leaving for the airport in a few hours and will arrive at MCO tonight. We used to fly down the day of until we had an unfortunate situation where my dad missed our flight and had to charter a plane down to get on the boat in time. He made it with 10 minutes to spare :eek: So we now fly down the night before to avoid that ever happening ever again. It was a pretty traumatic experience as a young kid, hahaha. Although I love flying, I am not looking forward to the flight today. It will be fairly short compared to the almost twice a month flights we took from California to Tennessee and back last year. I often end up like this on flights.. :crowded: so fingers crossed I can get the aisle seat. Anyway we will be staying at the hotel in the airport tonight and having a car service take us to port tomorrow morning. I am not sure which service as of right now, but I will post that when I get back. Our PAT is 11:00, but we will probably get there early like usual. I will post all about our lovely trip when we get back on the 13th.

P.S. I think we are going to go to Magic Kingdom on saturday the 12th after we get off the boat, but I'm not sure. My parents haven't said anything, but I saw a MK map and 'itinerary' of sorts. They left it on the counter so technically it wasn't snooping:rotfl:

Hoping and praying for all these tropical storms to go away, and for calm seas as my mom get seasick quite easily. And BIG TIME praying that they let me stay in Vibe for the remaining three days of my cruise when I will be 18. I was told I would be able to, but I know they have new policies now so I guess we will see.

Enjoy your trip and tell Stevonnie Merryl says hi, and tell Julia and Kemisha I say hi, and thanks for our wonderful week with them!

You are going to love Stevonnie, she is the best room hostess we have ever had!

Just a heads up. I have read that once you turn 18, they will not let you into vibe anymore. Just try to keep that in mind.

Today is the day!! We are leaving for the airport in a few hours and will arrive at MCO tonight. We used to fly down the day of until we had an unfortunate situation where my dad missed our flight and had to charter a plane down to get on the boat in time. He made it with 10 minutes to spare :eek: So we now fly down the night before to avoid that ever happening ever again. It was a pretty traumatic experience as a young kid, hahaha. Although I love flying, I am not looking forward to the flight today. It will be fairly short compared to the almost twice a month flights we took from California to Tennessee and back last year. I often end up like this on flights.. :crowded: so fingers crossed I can get the aisle seat. Anyway we will be staying at the hotel in the airport tonight and having a car service take us to port tomorrow morning. I am not sure which service as of right now, but I will post that when I get back. Our PAT is 11:00, but we will probably get there early like usual. I will post all about our lovely trip when we get back on the 13th.

P.S. I think we are going to go to Magic Kingdom on saturday the 12th after we get off the boat, but I'm not sure. My parents haven't said anything, but I saw a MK map and 'itinerary' of sorts. They left it on the counter so technically it wasn't snooping:rotfl:

Hoping and praying for all these tropical storms to go away, and for calm seas as my mom get seasick quite easily. And BIG TIME praying that they let me stay in Vibe for the remaining three days of my cruise when I will be 18. I was told I would be able to, but I know they have new policies now so I guess we will see.

Have fun! We've stayed in the Hyatt a few times, and like it a lot. Always fun at baggage claim to say to the wife, "well, let's go back upstairs". Try McCoy's for dinner!

emme - here is a shot of you guys leaving the port as you turned out to sea at 5:19pm. Such a grand, beautiful ship - hope you and family are having a blast!

Well sadly the week flew by and we are currently sitting in MCO waiting for our plane home. Full TR coming soon!

Well as I posted previously, we flew out of Nashville into MCO on Friday night. We got there fairly late, so we picked up our bags and headed upstairs to check into the Hyatt. We got two adjoining rooms, which were very nice, with small balconies that overlooked the airport 'lobby'. We ordered some room service for dinner. I had a caesar salad, while DDad had a burger and DMom some quesadillas. I took a quick shower and ironed all of our cloths for the next day and then we were off to sleep.

The next morning flew by! We all got ready and then headed down to breakfast around 7:30. We ate at the buffet in the Hyatt. It was pretty good, but not fantastic. We went back to our rooms to finish repacking, and then DDad wanted to start taking pictures. We took some in the hallway and then headed out to see if our driver had arrived yet. He was supposed to get us at 9:30 so we could be at port by 10:30. We got an early start at around 9:15, and got to the port by 10!! He was quite the heavy footed driver.:drive: We stood in line until the started letting people in around 10:45. It only took a few minutes to get through security and up to the concierge/platinum check-in desk. Everyone was very nice and the whole process went by quickly. We had a seat in the 'lounge' and took some pictures by the boat.

They started embarkation at 11:15 on the dot. I forced by dad to take the embarkation picture with me. We always skip it for some reason, but being that there wasn't a wait I didn't see why we should't have one taken. After a short stop we were on our way towards the Fantasy. Can't you tell I'm excited?!:p

We stepped on board as they announced that the Brown family had arrived. After us about 3 more Brown families stepped onboard as well! :rotfl: We were then ushered past the mid-ship elevators and the shops to the forward set of elevators. They sent us up to deck 12 so we could meet all of the wonderful concierge hosts. PJ, Julia, and Kemmisha made our week the most wonderful cruise experience we had ever had. They went out of their way to make every day special. We got a seat in the lounge and had some snacks and coffee. I'm sure you all know by now that they coffee machine in the lounge is the most amazing thing. It can make lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos and more with the push of a button. We sat down to enjoy our snacks and Julia came over to meet with us. She went over everything we had already booked for our cruise. She changed our Remy reservation to 3 people instead of 2, booked more spa services for us, and more. She answered all of our questions about what to do in the port as well. After spending a good 15 minutes with us she moved on to help another family. It was a little before 12 at the time so we headed out to Enchanted Garden for lunch. Cabanas is not our favorite as you will be able to tell later on in the TR.

Hello next door neighbor! We were in 12508 with the rambunctious 7 and 4 year old boys. So seriously hoping they never rang your Mickey doorbell. We had some apologies on the trip. (Embarrassed) I'm sure you saw them playing with the 4 Norweigian girls in the lounge. My 7 year old was smitten with them and they did not speak more than a word or two of English. We had cabana 9.
I recall seeing you in the lounge with a rose after your Remy dinner. Very beautiful. Donna P.

I did hear that Julia is leaving on vacation for 6 weeks in 2 more weeks and Kemisha in 3 weeks. PJ will go on vacation when they get back. I'm sorry I did not hear who is replacing them while they are on vacation.

Hello next door neighbor! We were in 12508 with the rambunctious 7 and 4 year old boys. So seriously hoping they never rang your Mickey doorbell. We had some apologies on the trip. (Embarrassed) I'm sure you saw them playing with the 4 Norweigian girls in the lounge. My 7 year old was smitten with them and they did not speak more than a word or two of English. We had cabana 9.
I recall seeing you in the lounge with a rose after your Remy dinner. Very beautiful. Donna P.

Hey neighbor! Your boys were adorable and we never had any bad experiences with them. We were in cabana 14, I remember seeing you all on Castaway as well. Thank you so much! Hope you guys had a wonderful vacation!:)

Can't wait to read about your experience! :earsgirl:

Thanks for joining in!:flower3:

Excited to continue reading all about your cruise!!!

Glad you're coming along!

Loving your report so far. I am interested in your Cabbanas description. We are not fond of it either.

Hey.... you had our room that we will have next Halloween! :wave2:

DW wants me to ask why you prefer EG to Cabanas. Just on embarkation day?

Looking forward to more. We sail in 4 days!

Loving your report so far. I am interested in your Cabbanas description. We are not fond of it either. Hey.... you had our room that we will have next Halloween! :wave2:

Hey! You will love the balcony and location of 12508. we rarely if ever heard any noise from deck 13 chairs. Cabanas worked well for hot foods but i always ate at 7-730am. It was never crowded for me and the boys all just ate in the lounge.

I know its been a while but welcome home and Happy belated Birthday! 'm looking forward to reading more about your cruise! Very jealous of the coffee machine in the concierge lounge! Now if only I could figure out how to get one in my home! :rotfl2:

I cannot wait to read the remainder of your report. We are thinking of booking a 7-day so trip reports are my best friend. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter