• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dress Policy

I got accepted to the college program and will be doing it in the fall. I was asked during my phone interview if I have any tattoos outside of the bathing suit area. I have a tattoo but it is covered by a bathing suit. Maybe she will be okay with one that will be covered by a bathing suit (mine is by my hip and not visible when wearing a bikini).

I teach 8th grade and when we discuss tattoos (it comes up in the STD section of the curriculum), i tell them to make sure anything they get piercing or tattoo wise is a) not a fad, b) done at a real shop that shows you they are using fresh needles, and c) somewhere they can cover up when they need to. I use myself as an example, as in college I had pink hair, multiple piercings (you can still see the scars if you look close enough) on my face, and I still have tattoos on my collarbone and shoulder. I have to admit the tattoos only because two of them saw me in a tank top at Disney! I thought I was safe three hours away! :lmao:

Anyway, that was fine when I was in college, and even when I worked in children's theatre, but it doesn't fly as a teacher. So when I'm in front of them, it's khakis, polos, and hair in blonde ponytail every day. But had I not gotten things that could be reversed or hidden in my punk phase, I would be up a creek without a paddle.

Of course, I still love my tattoos (a ladybug for luck in my shoulder and a simple star on my collarbone), so I'm not anti tattoo...just pro responsible tattoo. Tell her if she wants one she should wait until she has a steady job in a field that allows it. You never know when are you going to switch careers.

I LOVED Disney's dress code when I worked there in 1988. I worked the closing shift at a store in the MK. I would go boating and knee-boarding all day in the nearby Butler chain of lakes and I didn't have to do anything to go to work....no makeup....no fixing my hair....it was great! I would just show up and be ready! (And I'm not one to go ANYWHERE without makeup or hair done even still). I actually think it's great they've held onto their strict policy this long. It is a statement in this age.

I wish your daughter luck!! I think it's a wonderful goal! :)

I do not know anything about tattoos or hennas, but I think henna fades after awhile. Wonder if that would suffice for her for now.

Henna is just painted on the surface. It would last maybe two weeks and is probably difficult to find a local place that would do it, outside of a carnival/festival/resort area...

As others have said, they do sell makeup for tattoo cover up. I was in a wedding where a bridesmaid used it on her shoulder tattoo and it worked well and did not sweat or rub off onto things. She actually bought it at a tattoo shop. Its not like makeup you would get at Macys or Sephora, not concealer, but a thick heavy like liquid you rub over it that you can match to your skin color. If the tattoo is small enough, she could probably get away with it. Hopefully by the time she's 18 she will be over that idea though!

Henna is just painted on the surface. It would last maybe two weeks and is probably difficult to find a local place that would do it, outside of a carnival/festival/resort area...

You can buy kits online to do henna yourself. We do it at our school carnival. She and her friends could do it to each other. It's not hard and it's totally temporary. It's pretty popular around here.

If she gets a wrist tattoo, she will need to wear long sleeves (and possibly a watch, if she's allowed, in her costume) all day, every day, whether she works outdoors or indoors. It will be hot. She will be unhappy. I knew a girl at my work location in his situation and she was boiling every single day with her long-sleeves.

My roommate from the CP worked with a girl with a wrist tattoo, and she used some heavy duty makeup to cover it up - worst of all she worked at Splash Mountain, and she was always worried about it getting wet while she was onstage. For the record, she was told band-aids are not allowed.

There's nothing wrong with having a tattoo and working at Disney, the smartest way is just to stick to the torso area, so you can always remain professional.

It depends on your location. Where I worked, I was able to ace bandage my wrist to cover my tattoo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter