Disney Dreams That Have Died

I jumped on a plane in college and went to Disney to try and make my dream happen. I auditioned my dancing fool butt off, went in for face characters, acted, and sang. When it came down to it I wasn't "Disney" material. So I worked sweeping streets. I used to sing Disney songs while cleaning bathrooms. So many of my managers would hand me Disney Entertainment phone numbers and say, "You've really got something, call them." Alas, it never came to be.

But, it didn't end sadly. I came back to my hometown, met and married my husband and had two boys I wouldn't trade for all the Actor's Equity Wages in the world.

So I gave it all I had to make that dream happen, but my fate lies elsewhere.

It really did open my eyes though to work there. I had always wanted to live and work at Disney, and I did. I wouldn't take my time at Disney back for anything.

Though "dead" dreams would include being a Disney Princess for just one parade or stage show. That or an imagineer. I think now being an Imagineer would be infinitely cooler!

Tuning in to hear about the dead guy... hope you don't mind a non-podcast groupie!

I thought only some of the Tinkerbells were guys. The one we saw 2 yrs ago was extremely femine shaped (hips and legs), and we were standing RIGHT under the wire as she/he/it landed in Tomorrowland.

It is sometimes a Tinkerbell and other times a Tinkerbill.

It is sometimes a Tinkerbell and other times a Tinkerbill.

Exactly, but most often tinkerbill. From what I understand you have to have amazing upper body strength.......

Amy, I have friends who are or have been in VOL and also Tarzan rocks..... it's a crazy life and the ones who now have kids have left Disney. I also sing (went to an arts school, did a ton of musical theater) and the only Disney gig I got was performing in the opening AK ceremonys! It was amazing and I would rather have had that honor than being cast in any other Disney roll :rotfl:

OK. One of my dead Disney dreams is no longer a dream. I am officially taking "kissing Damon Pampolina" off of my dream list. I happened upon his current activities as I was web surfacing, and I can say with all certainty that kissing him is no longer dreamy. In fact, all I can say is "yuck"! Please excuse me while I go wash my eyes and ears out with CHLOROX! :crazy2:

In 1998 when I went to WDW, we took the Animation tour at MGM Studios, this was before they got rid of the animators in Orlando. It was an AWESOME tour, we got to go into the animation building (they were working on Tarzan at the time) we took a tour and we got to paint an animation cell. After that all I wanted to do was work in that animation building. I cannot draw, but I would have been happy mopping floors or just answering the phones. I was soooooooooooo sad when they took the animators out of there. It was such a shame they did that, it still makes me sad. :(

I always wanted to be an animator for WDW. I too got to see the animators in action at (the then) MGM before they were moved. I think I had my nose pressed to the glass and drooling slightly while watching them work. I have also always wanted to be an Imagineer and right now I'd be thrilled to work as a CAD tech for them.

In my ramblings on another thread I confessed some of my dead Disney dreams.

1. To audition for the Mickey Mouse club.
2. To kiss Damon Pampolina :blush: .

oooh, I was SUCH a MMC fan! Every summer trip to WDW I would pray to be in the audience during a taping and I never got to because they were never filming when we were there. (they filmed during the school year). I secretly wanted to audition too (and also be a fly girl on In living color) and thought Damon was so hot! I later saw him in the audience of a ricki lake show once! He stood up and asked a question and I was like "woaah! that's damon"

I also had crushes at various times on JC, Matt Morris, Tony, and Chase Hampton. I once went to a club in Orlando and partied in the VIP area with some of the guys from Nsync and JC and lance were there.. it was pretty cool... then I met Joey from Nsync at my job once while I lived in Orlando.

anyway.. yeah, HUGE MMC fan! lol. (sorry I got sidetracked by the NSYNC guys).

oohh.. I also wanted to be a disney animator and went to art school for computer animation... it turned out to be much more about the computers and the software rather than hand drawing and I dropped out. :(

my new dream is to be in a disney broadway production.. even if I was just some small character (although I'd secretly love to be ariel!) .. it would be sooooo fun!!!

OK. One of my dead Disney dreams is no longer a dream. I am officially taking "kissing Damon Pampolina" off of my dream list. I happened upon his current activities as I was web surfacing, and I can say with all certainty that kissing him is no longer dreamy. In fact, all I can say is "yuck"! Please excuse me while I go wash my eyes and ears out with CHLOROX! :crazy2:

ok, seriously. email me about this. I need to know!!!

Yeah my curiosity is piqued as well!:rotfl:

Sorry to be :offtopic: but I have to say I was happy to see this word used/spelled correctly. :thumbsup2 One of my partners loves to use the term but always spells it "peeked." :furious:

OK.. I'll go wash my hands 40 more times and take my OCD meds now... :)

You just made my day! Thanks!:goodvibes

My spelling ability is the reason my husband has kept me around so long :) just kidding!

ok, seriously. email me about this. I need to know!!!

Maybe I'll start another random topic thread about MMC members . . . Where Are They Now?:idea:

If you tell me how to e-mail you (not real computer savvy . . . hence the term "web surfacing" as opposed to "web surfing" in my previous post:badpc: ), I will.

I don't really want to elaborate on it in this thread because:
1) I don't approve of what he has decided to do with his life, and I don't want to give him more publicity in his endeavors.
2) His current adventures are far from family-friendly, and I consider this board to be family-friendly.

I primarily only posted about needing the chlorox because I wanted to disassociate myself from that dream. I am not wanting to give a wrong impression to those who may already know about his new public image. To me there is nothing dreamy about kissing someone who has little interest in romance.

OK. I am descending from the soapbox:mic: before I say too much. Then again, it may be too late for that already. Sigh!

Just did a little web "surfacing" of my own and you're right that is bad.

[FONT=Georgia[FONT=Georgia]If you tell me how to e-mail you (not real computer savvy . . .

well, I was going to send you a private message with my email in it but it seems you have it set up so that you cannot get private messages.

you could send me a private message though through the board.. just put your cursor over my screen name and you should get the option to send me a message... if that doesn't work try right clicking on my name... thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind! I think I found what you are talking about too!! LOL.

I am totally on a nostalgic ride right now! I was a HUGE MMC fan - if it was still on, I'd be watching it to this day and I'm almost 30!!

(That is probably why NKOTB will do so well - women my age :rotfl2: )

I had crushes on Marc & JC the most. What a fantastic show! I have to say my curiosity of Damon is also piqued - but I will have to wait until after work to check it. Although I am scared of what I might find!!

Thanks for the memories ;)

A friend of mine was on all 7 seasons of MMC, Lindsey Alley. We lived about 45 min away from WDW. She lives in NYC now and has her own show about post life from the MMC. It ended and she was able to attend school with us full time her junior and senior year. Our dads are buddies and we get to see each other around the holidays. There was a lot of talent besides, Christina, Britney, and Justin. Kerry Russel and Lindsey are still close alumni.
Here she is from the show,
Lindseyalley.jpg

Oh yea, my dream was to be Tinkerbell and fly down the wire until I found out it was a guy......:tink:

Mandy, that is sooo cool. She was always my favorite. I am LMAO about Tinkerbell being a guy. Our little girls would be crushed to know this!

I just graduated with a BFA in photography and would love to be the photographer at the GF private sessons person!!!!:banana:

You should do that. I hear some of them kinda stink!

Well after 20 years of nursing and having a toddler underfoot I dont think it is very realistic at least until he is off to school. We are moving to Florida but not to Orlando, we are trying for the Melbourne area. The problem has been selling our house in this market. So I guess not totally dead, maybe I will be a 60 year old nurse at Disney. LOL. Maybe it was after I found the dead guy in the bathroom at space mountain that gave me the idea. Who knows. My husband is also in healthcare. So anything is possible we can find jobs anywhere.

OMG! Were you a child when this happened?

As far as my Disney Dream that died, I always wanted to perform in one of the shows. I did get to perform with my HS chorus once at the Hall of Presidents (how exciting! lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter