Disney Dreams or Golden Mickeys - if you only saw one, which would it be?

We'll be on the Magic, but I have it in my head that Twice Charmed is maybe more of a show that little girls would like more than my boys -- am I wrong?

Even had the same wonder about Disney Dreams - I'm sure I'd love it (well yeah, because I know I'd love them all!), but will the boys enjoy it more than they'd enjoy Golden Mickeys?

I just asked DS10 if he likes TC and he said "oh yes!" He likes Franco the best and says he is the best part of the show. He has probably seen it four times. I just asked him if he would go see it again the next time we are on the ship and he shook his head yes.

I really like both of them, but if I had my choice, it'd be Dreams. :goodvibes

I have to vote Disney Dreams, it is just everything Disney! My husband and I actually skip dinner in the MDR and see Dreams back to back. We also skip he Golden Mickey's completely. Once or twice is enough. I hope this helps!

Dreams...I honestly can say that I don't remember much of Golden Mickeys...and I just cruised last month!!

We'll be on the Magic, but I have it in my head that Twice Charmed is maybe more of a show that little girls would like more than my boys -- am I wrong?

Even had the same wonder about Disney Dreams - I'm sure I'd love it (well yeah, because I know I'd love them all!), but will the boys enjoy it more than they'd enjoy Golden Mickeys?

I was just on the Magic June 6 with my 9 yr old DS, he enjoyed the Golden Mickey's and has now seen it twice, no wanted no part of Twice Charmed and choose to go to the clubs, It is a Twist on the Cinderella Story- I think girls do tend to like it more.

He did go to Dreams with me and liked it a lot - of the Two I think your boys would enjoy Dreams more- simply because Dreams tells a story and the Golden Mickeys is like an awards type production.

I pick the golden mickeys. Dreams is kinda girly. The Mickeys have the villains too -really cool!

Definitely Disney Dreams. I enjoyed Golden Mickeys, but came out thinking I wish they had done a few things differently. Disney Dreams was just pure magic from start to finish. I can't wait to see this again in October.

Corinna

I liked Dreams better (but I am not a teenage boy!). I wanted to throw out there that I saw Golden Mickeys the first time in Hong Kong Disney (on the way home from adopting our son) in Chinese! I was excited to actually understand it, but it was pretty different! lol

I have 2 boys (11 & 7) and will be on the Wonder in November for our first cruise. All the choices are going to drive us MAD! I think I will just flip a coin because I know my boys wont want to sit through 2 different show when there are other more active things to do. Thanks for the tips.

We always liked Disney Dreams over the Golden Mickeys. Something about the GM seems just a little hokey.

Personally, I wish they would replace the GM with the Cinderella show on the Wonder.

Disney Dreams

Having seen each of these show MANY times. I think Disney Dreams is the best and my favorite.
I may skip some of the others now (on cruises 10 & 11) but I wouold NOT miss Disney Dreams :goodvibes

I miss Hercules. :sad1:
I wish they would bring that show on to the Magic! :)

We really enjoyed that cruise too! We have seen Dave [Hades] and Dan [Phil] on the Magic since they did away with Hercules and they say they miss the show as well. It was a lot of fun for them. Dan was very surprised when I asked him if he played Phil on the repo last year.

I'm clearly in the minority, but I really like the Golden Mickeys. It's on the formal night on the Magic, so everyone is all dressed up, and they do cute clips of the kids walking in that they air on the big screen before the show starts. I also love, love, love the Circle of Life number they do! Not that I'd skip Disney Dreams - I could never choose between the two! Even if your boys only do one, I would still suggest you see both.

I vote for Dreams, no question.

You can view the shows on you tube as well. Just search Disney Dreams. Of course, if you want to be surprised by the show, then don't watch it. BUT, again, I vote for Dreams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter