• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dreams - Flames

carlins_leap

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been mentioned or asked about elsewhere, but I wondered if anyone who has watched Dreams recetnly can advise whether "flames" were still a part of the Dreams show?

We've seen Dreams a lot and there was a difference between the shows we saw in Oct 2014 and May 2015. The huge, dramatic and very warming flames that normally come on during the villains bit and for the huge finale were missing.

It may have just been off whilst we were there for Spring or faulty or something - Ihope so, it didn't feel as dramatic without them...

They were working a few weeks ago on both nights that we watched Dreams. I know that each of the flames has its own mini weather station attached to it so if the wind or the weather conditions are not right then they will automatically not operate.

Thanks for the update - I think they may have been faulty when we were there in May as the weather was spectacular :)
Fingers crossed that they are back on for our Halloween trip

They are back working again now. There was a problem in May with the fuel line to the flame throwers, they fixted it in time for the Frozen Summer Fun Press Event, so all should be back to normal now.

As Danauk said, there is a weather station in the castle and if the wind is too strong they turn off the flames to protect the castle and the audiance. They can so run Dreams! without the water fountains to if the weather is bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter