• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney dream

disgirl14

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have any good advice for navigating your way around the ship? I've heard it's pretty easy to get lost, and I want to make sure that doesn't happen. Just curious if there is some special technique to getting around :)

Does anyone have any good advice for navigating your way around the ship? I've heard it's pretty easy to get lost, and I want to make sure that doesn't happen. Just curious if there is some special technique to getting around :)

It can be easy to get turned around on any ship. If you ever really get lost, go up to the pool deck and get your bearings, then try again.

If you look around the ship, there are little maps of the ship's layout everywhere. Each map is positioned so that the bow of the ship on the map points forward, towards the bow of the real ship. I found this most helpful because it's easy to get turned around on the ship when going up or down a few staircases.

The secret is to stay on the ship until you no longer get lost. :-)

I pretty much had the layout down before ever getting on the ship. Still took 2-3 days before I could do it in my sleep. It was nice stepping on the Fantasy after two cruises on the Dream since the layout is the exact same.

I have to admit I found it pretty easy to navigate my way around the ship, but we mainly only ever used the pool deck, lobby area for characters, our room on 12 and the restaurants. My tip is to find a part of the ship your will remember to get to like the lobby or the pool. It's not as crazy as you imagine, once your on the boat you get your bearings fast :)

There is a ship tour offered early on the first day - I think it's even before sailaway. It's very short - maybe 20 minutes - and run by people from the activities staff. They don't take you everywhere, but will show you the theaters, centrum, and dining rooms. The times will be advertised in the schedule you get when you board. We found that pretty helpful for getting our bearings.

We used the world maps on the carpets in all of the hallways. North on the map faces forward and South on the map faces aft.

I just read that the Fish Memo clips at the doors are all facing the front?

Well, not on the Wonder and the Magic (at least pre-imagine). The fish all face left as you face the door. So, on the starboard side they are all facing forward, but on the port side they are facing aft.

Don't know about the Dream & Fantasy yet.

This takes a little bit more effort...

Where ever you are headed, leave early so that if you get "misdirected" it is more of an adventure. You are lost only if you are late for dinner or the Drill.

Here is something that may help. We learned the star trick during the ship tour on the Dream. I highly recommend taking the tour!

0644606e7685c7649e98c08a8bd2ecb6.jpg

In the hallways with staterooms, fish are on the port side stateroom doors and starfish are on the starboard side. This tip helped my directionally challenged parents tremendously on our 4 night cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter