Disney Dream vs. Disney Fantasy

erinfarber

Mouseketeer
For all those Disney Veteran cruisers: What do you like best about the Dream/ Fantasy? If you had to choose 1 ship over the other which would you choose and why? If I am correct, the Fantasy only sails Eastern/Western Caribbean , and the Dream does only the Bahama's. Is that correct? Just curious to know what other cruisers have liked/ disliked about both vessels. Thanks.

The basic difference is you can cruise 7 nights or 3-5. That is the reason we won't cruise on the Dream. ;) There are details that are different between the two, but part of that is the fact that on the 3-night cruises you simply don't have time to do everything. On longer cruises you have time to enjoy extra things on sea days...like the BBB.

erinfarber said:
For all those Disney Veteran cruisers: What do you like best about the Dream/ Fantasy? If you had to choose 1 ship over the other which would you choose and why? If I am correct, the Fantasy only sails Eastern/Western Caribbean , and the Dream does only the Bahama's. Is that correct? Just curious to know what other cruisers have liked/ disliked about both vessels. Thanks.

We like the Fantasy better. The biggest reason for us is the adult area...we find it better on the Fantasy. We also like the color scheme and decor of the Fantasy better. That being said, the Dream is also a terrific ship. If you have little kids the Fantasy also has the Splash Zone which is pretty cool.

I am by no means a veteran cruiser. I've only been on the Dream once and will be on the Fantasy this May. I've watched some videos and just looked at general information about the ship, and there doesn't appear to be many differences. So far, the only things I can tell are the Fantasy has more adult only space and more pools including a swim-up bar (or something along those lines), the Fantasy has the Aqua Lab which is like a splash park, and a MDR is called Royal Palace on the Dream but Royal Court on the Fantasy. I'm sure there are other minor differences, but they seem to be similar ships with the exception of the itinerary. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in!

Have cruised both ships 5 times or more. We are a family of three with a DS11 which helps differentiate the two for us. My DS really likes the Fantasy. Let me run down the differences for you.

The Fantasy and Dream both have:
1) The Aquaduck
2) Midship Detective Agency
3) Goofy Golf
4) More "electronic" kids areas (the Magic floor in the Lab/Club)
5) Animators Palate with electronic shows (Crush Show)
6) Concierge Lounge for concierge guests

Fantasy has above the Dream
1) Aqualab (Splash area for kids)
2) Satellite Falls and Funnel pool overlooking the adult pool
3) Additional Muppet game for Midship Detective Agency
4) Better layout/theme for adult area (IMHO)
5) Bippidi Boppidi Boutique
6) Better refreshment bar layout on Deck 11
7) Better Shutters layout with additional digital kiosks
8) Animators magic show in Animators Palate

As others have mentioned, we love the 7 day itinerary more than the 3 or 4 day.

Here is a pretty good rundown for you.
http://maritimematters.com/2012/04/...tasy-decked-part-one-top-decks-and-promenade/

I have only been on the Fantasy, but my friends and family have been on both ships. They said they loved both, but chose the Fantasy over the Dream, partly due to the longer cruises.

Another distinction is that the Fantasy, by virtue of it having a 7-day cruise, also has a second show in Animator's Palette that is different from the Crush show. Everyone draws a character on a special mat and the magic of Disney will animate them towards the end of the meal. It's very cute and we all had a lot of fun watching our crazy characters!

Another distinction is that the Fantasy, by virtue of it having a 7-day cruise, also has a second show in Animator's Palette that is different from the Crush show. Everyone draws a character on a special mat and the magic of Disney will animate them towards the end of the meal. It's very cute and we all had a lot of fun watching our crazy characters!

You are right.. It's called Animation Magic (My #8 above).. :thumbsup2

We have also been on a 4 night dream & a 7 night fantasy - we much preferred the Fantasy, but I also think it had the most to do with the longer itinerary. The Dream felt a bit rushed whereas on the Fantasy we had time to enjoy the extras - the extra adult pool & satellite falls, and spend more time in the adult areas doing tastings, the extra midship storyline and such. Dream is great, but so were the extra 3 nights to enjoy more! It is also nice that the Fantasy alternates Western & Eastern Caribbean instead of the Bahama doldrums of Nassau and CC over and over again - I am not certain we would enjoy a B2B on her since it just repeats ports. :thumbsup2

Loved both ships equally, they are nearly identical... so longer days, different ports will make the Fantasy seem like a better option. In 2014, i have two crusies planned, one on each;)!

Thank you for all the feedback, it has been very helpful. We prefer the 7 day itinerary. We loved the Fantasy, so, I guess we will continue to sail the Fantasy for the near future. I was hoping the Dream had 7 day itineraries as well, too bad. Regardless, Any Disney cruise is well worth the money. Disney has us hooked!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter