Disney Dream Stateroom 5546

Bicester

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone has stayed in stateroom 5546 on the Dream yet.....

I am curious as to what the room is like. I have seen the diagrams and have hunted down videos of that stateroom (not really finding any). I have sailed on 6 Disney cruises previously. My last cruise was on the Dream in 2013, but we were on deck 8 (8614) in a Del Fam OV with Veradah and it was wonderful. Because we are sailing as only 4 this time around, we were assigned deck 5.

I feel I was spoiled on the last cruise and now I worry my expectations have been set high. I am going to miss the round tub and rain shower and the extra sq footage due to the murphy bed. I just keep telling myself that I will be on a Disney CRUISE (!) and to get over it. We just booked the cruise over the past few days. This is what we get since my husband wants to go in April rather than wait until August! Availability is getting slim... LOL.

I just want to make sure we won't be tripping over each other and will have room to get dressed, etc.

Hoping to still have a magical cruise!

I am curious as to what the room is like. I have seen the diagrams and have hunted down videos of that stateroom (not really finding any). I have sailed on 6 Disney cruises previously. My last cruise was on the Dream in 2013, but we were on deck 8 (8614) in a Del Fam OV with Veradah and it was wonderful. Because we are sailing as only 4 this time around, we were assigned deck 5.

I feel I was spoiled on the last cruise and now I worry my expectations have been set high. I am going to miss the round tub and rain shower and the extra sq footage due to the murphy bed. I just keep telling myself that I will be on a Disney CRUISE (!) and to get over it. We just booked the cruise over the past few days. This is what we get since my husband wants to go in April rather than wait until August! Availability is getting slim... LOL.

I just want to make sure we won't be tripping over each other and will have room to get dressed, etc.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomreport.cfm?Room=5546

Dream/Fantasy 5546

Cat 4e with ceiling bunk, so sleeps 4.

In this pic your balcony is the top one with the curved railing.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/timoncass/Disney Dream Trip/Staterooms/20110130_2202.jpg
from; http://www.disboards.com/threads/vi...inc-non-ext-5024.2638207/page-5#post-39847383
with other links embedded.

Quick video of similar balcony, but adjoining divider is open. And 5546 will have another similar round rail balcony just forward;
So the rounded rail verandas are not quite as private as the ones sandwiched between others with full length divers, but it does offer more light/field of view fwiw.

One question I always had that was never definitively answered is;
Can these two adjoining cat 4e's 5546 and 5544 verandas connect?

Exterior pic with cabins labeled.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/414aa1a2-1.jpg

Interior pics and floor plans, disregard balcony pic;
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/s...asy/deluxe-oceanview-stateroom-with-verandah/

HTH

ETA; Oh, your question, lol. How old ... no. How large are the pax in the cabin? lol. You will have less space, (38 sqft) but more outside. So ...

Last edited:
Dream/Fantasy 5546

One question I always had that was never definitively answered is;
Can these two adjoining cat 4e's 5546 and 5544 verandas connect?

Thank you for the pictures. That definitely helps and yes, I am sure now the room is more narrow. I think we will "tough" it out just so we will know on our 8th cruise what category to request.

In answer to your question about connecting verandahs....as you noted the partition separating the connecting rooms can be folded back by one to two panels to create a longer, shared verandah. They are kept separate when the guests in the connecting rooms are not traveling together. The rooms that are not connecting do not have removable partitions.

All the best!

Thank you for the pictures. That definitely helps and yes, I am sure now the room is more narrow. I think we will "tough" it out just so we will know on our 8th cruise what category to request.

In answer to your question about connecting verandahs....as you noted the partition separating the connecting rooms can be folded back by one to two panels to create a longer, shared verandah. They are kept separate when the guests in the connecting rooms are not traveling together. The rooms that are not connecting do not have removable partitions.

All the best!
On the Dream & Fantasy, except for a few verandah dividers that are part of the ship's superstructure, all verandah dividers open. Even between non-connecting rooms.

On the Dream & Fantasy, except for a few verandah dividers that are part of the ship's superstructure, all verandah dividers open. Even between non-connecting rooms.
Thank you for the correction. I guess my room steward in 2013 did not understand my inquiry when I asked about my cabin on deck 8, or they did know what they were talking about. There is always one......

Thanks for your post! We will be in 8614 on the Dream in October for our very first cruise ever. I'm glad to hear the room was great for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter