Disney Dream- September 25th 4-Night Bahamian Cruise!

Hi everyone :wave2:
I had no idea that their was a page for your cruise date! This just adds to the excitement!! :yay::yay:
This will be our 5th Disney Cruise :rotfl: and we are very excited! We will be celebrating our Disneymoon! First time on the dream for us, woohoo!
Another thing that I came cross that is new to us and I found super cute were the fish extenders. I am curious as to how it works as far as the exchanges, can someone elaborate? Do we get assigned someone, a cabin, and where can we sign up? 24 days and counting :dance3:, but first Saratoga Springs :woohoo:
We are so ready for our vacation. Hope everyone has fun!!
:hippie:

Hi and welcome!!! :cheer2:

Congrats on this being your 5th cruise, I'm very jealous. :) You're going to love the Dream, she's just such a beautiful ship and so much to do! As for the fish extenders, I think our deadline to register has already passed. Some people like to handcraft gifts or personalize things, so there is a hard stop to sign-up sometimes 6-8 weeks out from the cruise. There should be a meet being planned though, so we all still get to grab a few minutes and say hi to one another.

Info on how the FE works: you are usually grouped into 10-15 cabins that all have each other. Some people deliver a small gift every day and others do just one gift for the cruise. There's also many ways to divide up gifts. Sometimes they are for the whole cabin and sometimes the gifts are for specific individuals. We've received everything from music mix cd's to customized magnets on our door and excursion packs (kleenex, chapstick, hand sanitizer, etc). Your creativity and time is the limit really.

I definitely hope you try the FE on your next cruise and hope to see you on the ship!

Beth

Welcome to all the newbies to our board. I'm so excited we've finally hit September and our month to cruise is here! It's true that the FE sign-up is now closed :sad1: We had a cut-off date in early August so everyone would have plenty of time to get organized with their gifts & have ample time to prepare for their vacation. I really hope you plan a 6th Disney cruise and join in on the fun of that FE :woohoo:.

There is a Meet & Greet planned for embarkation day. We'd love to meet all of you and start off the cruise making new friends and getting to know you better. In addition, we also have a facebook group. If you'd like to join that just let me know and I'll send you the information.

Here's the Meet & Greet info.

Okay everyone...I've been trying to research what areas of the ship would be available on embarkation day for a Meet & Greet. It looks like the District Lounge, the 687 Lounge, and the Bon Voyage lounge are all possibilities and open on embarkation day. As an FYI, the District Lounge is an adults-only area at night, but it's open to guests of all ages during the day. After looking at the deck plan map I think The District Lounge should work for us, and as a bonus it is indoors in case we have bad weather.

Day: Embarkation Day~ September 25, 2011
Where: District Lounge located on deck 4 aft in the District area
When: 3:00-3:30 (ish). I believe the mandatory safety drill is at 4:00 which is why I chose 3:00 o'clock.
Why: To meet everyone involved in the FE or anyone else who wants to be involved in the meet. This will also give us a chance to update our group sheets with any necessary changes for the FE. I'll bring extra copies of the sheets in case you leave yours at home.

*If you can't make it to the Meet & Greet I'll drop off updated FE group sheets to the stateroom number I have listed for you. Hopefully you'll have your fish extender hanging so I know I've found the right room
I'll try to have the information delivered to you the first night, but with early dining and a late show time for my family, it might be morning before I get to your stateroom. You can also leave a message at my stateroom which is #2522.

See you all in about 3 weeks!!

Thanks for posting! :thumbsup2 We will definitely participate for the fish extenders next time, I found out a little too late, but it seems like fun! :rotfl:
Can't wait! These 3 weeks need to hurry up :cheer2: Can't wait to meet you guys!

I just found this forum today so hadn't signed up with everyone else. But I'll be along for the ride with my family. This is our first ever cruise, quite special because it's also our honeymoon of sorts. As parents, we had to bring the kids along for the vacation - it is disney afterall.

We'll be driving from New Hampshire to Florida <have family along the way> on the 23rd. So excited!

So - myself, Tina. Husband, Kirk. Three children --- 15, 13, and 3.

We'll be in 7102. :)

I just found this forum today so hadn't signed up with everyone else. But I'll be along for the ride with my family. This is our first ever cruise, quite special because it's also our honeymoon of sorts. As parents, we had to bring the kids along for the vacation - it is disney afterall.

We'll be driving from New Hampshire to Florida <have family along the way> on the 23rd. So excited!

So - myself, Tina. Husband, Kirk. Three children --- 15, 13, and 3.

We'll be in 7102. :)

Welcome Tina! :cheer2:

Great to hear we're all sailing together and in just under 3 weeks!! My Mom and I will be on the other side of the ship from you in 7574.

Enjoy your drive down to FL and see you on the ship! :banana:

Beth

We're all so excited in this household. Only 2~ 1/2 weeks to go before the Dream sets sail. We can;t wait to meet all of you and have a wonderful vacation together. In case anyone missed it we do have a facebook group called DREAMin' of the Bahamas and Castaway Cay. If you'd like to join let me know. See you all VERY soon!!

Hi everyone!

Just finished making all the FE gifts today and it turns out that I had more supplies than I thought! :thumbsup2 So in addition to the staterooms in Group 2 (which we're in), we'll also have enough to give to Group 3 as well. If anyone in Group 3 has extra gifts, we'd be honored to be on your exchange list too. :goodvibes No pressure (I know it's late in the game), just excited to be participating in our first Fish Exchange!

Looking forward to meeting you all on the cruise! :yay:

Tiffany, James & Aiden
Stateroom 8584

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to remind all those participating in the FE, pack a zip tie so your FE doesnt walk off during our cruise!! on my cruise 3 years someone tried taking our friends, and it was monogrammed. :) ( and bring mini scissors to cut it free!)

Hi everyone!

Just finished making all the FE gifts today and it turns out that I had more supplies than I thought! :thumbsup2 So in addition to the staterooms in Group 2 (which we're in), we'll also have enough to give to Group 3 as well. If anyone in Group 3 has extra gifts, we'd be honored to be on your exchange list too. :goodvibes No pressure (I know it's late in the game), just excited to be participating in our first Fish Exchange!

Looking forward to meeting you all on the cruise! :yay:

Tiffany, James & Aiden
Stateroom 8584

What a fun idea!! I had some extra things, too (not my complete gift, but lots of bits and pieces of my adult and kid gifts). I think I'll let my kids drop them in some random FE's in groups 2 and 3.

What a fun idea!! I had some extra things, too (not my complete gift, but lots of bits and pieces of my adult and kid gifts). I think I'll let my kids drop them in some random FE's in groups 2 and 3.

We had already planned to give to all groups! We love to give!

Did someone say Steelers ???
tt.gif
tt.gif
tt.gif

My youngest goes nuts when she hears Steelers or sees anything black & yellow.....

hmmm, looking at the schedule

Sunday, Sept. 25 at Indianapolis 8:20 p.m. NBC

anyone know what is scheduled for this Cruise night (show/dining)? maybe get together and watch the game ??

ok, looking at a few recent 4Nt Navigators, here is the entertainment schedule...

Sun - Nt 1: The Golden Mickeys
Mon - Nt 2: Villains Tonight
Tue - Nt 3: Walt Disney Theatre - Variety show / Pirate night
Wed - Nt 4: Disney's Believe

Golden Mickey's on Sun NT, been there done that!! :woohoo:

Alternate entertainment....:thumbsup2...Sunday, Sept. 25 - Colts vs. Steelers 8:20 p.m. NBC

...only question is where? Jumbotron, Lounge, ???

tt.gif
tt.gif
tt.gif

Yay! All my Fe's are done. I've got envelopes ready for all the FE group members with group info. and deck plans, and I've started my initial packing~ Mostly FE stuff & our embarkation day family shirts. It's to early for me to pack much more, but I was ready to take my closet back after various Disney projects & designs littered the closet floor for the past several weeks. No more stepping over mounds and bags of stuff anymore :lmao:

Now I have to make a final decision whether or not we want to do anything special for formal night. I'm really leaning towards a low-key event this year. Maybe a shirt and tie for my husband and boys, but in all honesty I'd be just as happy with polos and khakis. The thought of packing 4 full suits, a dress & church shoes for one evening is not intriguing me at the moment~ not to mention all the extra luggage room which would be better used for souvenirs I'm bound to buy ;). What's everyone else doing for formal night and pirate night?

Can't wait to meet you all at the Meet and Greet on the 25th!

:

Alternate entertainment....:thumbsup2...Sunday, Sept. 25 - Colts vs. Steelers 8:20 p.m. NBC

...only question is where? Jumbotron, Lounge, ???

tt.gif
tt.gif
tt.gif

You know we will be at the Jumbotron! :) I am glad we wont be missing a good show... I am not a huge fan of the Golden Mickeys, and the 1st night is the roughest for me with the movement, and for some reason I do well on high decks.. so double bonus!! We all have new Steeler tank tops and tshirts for our picture when we board!! we shouldnt be hard to spot.. lots of black n gold! :)

I am finishing our FEs this weekend. still need one part.

I went to the dollar store today and got a bunch of cosmetics etc to take.

No formal night for us... what night is it supposed to be? I am all about simple this trip!! (dh isnt wearing a suit for palo either-- he normally doesnt. )

HAs anyone out there ever done the Pirates Dinner Theater in Orlando. We ara spending some time there before and after the cruise. I was wondering if it is worth it...any thoughts??

We are going to be cruise casual for the whole trip. I want to only bring one suitcase and our carryons. We aren't doing Palo for dinner this trip.
We'll see you all in about 2 and 1/2 more weeks!!!!
Barbara:goodvibes:goodvibes

Only 10 more working days to go (not including today)!

My wife and I are trying to get away with 1 checked bag, so I think we are only going to dress up on night 2. By dress up I mean dress pants and a polo shirt. I think for the other nights I'll be in jeans and a polo shirt. With most airlines charging for checked bags it can get expensive. The other side is that you have to store those bags in your stateroom too. I'm sure the rooms are not nearly as big as your average hotel room.

not sure if anyone knows or cares you can watch the Dream sail in and out live on cam follow this link: portcanaveralwebcam(dot)com/ enjoy (I'M Sailing on Dec 15,2011)

HAs anyone out there ever done the Pirates Dinner Theater in Orlando. We ara spending some time there before and after the cruise. I was wondering if it is worth it...any thoughts??

Hi there! I've done the Pirate show before and it was fun. We had a large group and the 8 yo girl enjoyed it more than the 10yo boy in our party. It's fun to root for your pirate and there's a giant pool inside the building that you all eat around, facing the action.

If you're comparing it to a Disney show, it's definitely not the same caliber. But if you're comparing it to other dinner shows, it's as good as the rest jsut with a Pirate theme.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter