Disney Dream- September 25th 4-Night Bahamian Cruise!

Could you take the room and maybe get a roll away bed to go with it? It is a awesome awful by some wonderful people out there.

We are staying at WDW before the cruise so it wouldn't work for us either.

I wish, but we're a family of 5 and the Radisson only allows 4 per room. If they allowed rollaways, I would have loved to try the hotel out for a night. It looks beautiful, and has a fantastic looking pool. Right now we have reservations at the Country Inn & Suites, but it's kind of pricey so I'm still on the lookout for a better deal. I can cancel up until the day of arrival which makes it easy if my plans change.

Which Disney hotel will you be staying at for the first half of your vacation? Is Zach out of the hospital now?

I wish, but we're a family of 5 and the Radisson only allows 4 per room. If they allowed rollaways, I would have loved to try the hotel out for a night. It looks beautiful, and has a fantastic looking pool. Right now we have reservations at the Country Inn & Suites, but it's kind of pricey so I'm still on the lookout for a better deal. I can cancel up until the day of arrival which makes it easy if my plans change.

Which Disney hotel will you be staying at for the first half of your vacation? Is Zach out of the hospital now?

The last I knew they had us booked for Allstar Music. They were going to look into changing it because we need to be on a ground level d/t his wheelchair for distances and they wanted to get us close to a bus stop. If they can't change us I might just upgrade to a moderate (POR). I have never stayed at a value and am very nerveous about it. I have heard good and bad (more bad) on values. I just want this to be the most magical trip for him & his sister (since she has to go through this all with us and his moods/sickness and so on).

Yes we are out of the hospital. We got out Thursday around 11am. Wouldn't you know he had a seizure thursday night. I was so bummed because they wanted to monitor 1 while in the hospital. Then Friday we went to BOston for his appointment there so we are done for atleast 1 month now. I guess keeping busy like this will help with the count down to Disney. :laughing:

Have you looked into renting a car while you're there instead? If they can't get you closer to a bus stop that might be another option to look into. POR is where we've stayed our past 2 times, and we really like the resort. I wish I could try out French Quarter or Magnolia Bend, but they only accommodate 4 people so we've always stayed in Alligator Bayou. I think POR is in the midst of renovating all the rooms right now. I'm hoping the alligator bayou buildings get queen beds like French Quarter when renovations are complete, or at the very least a better trundle bed. What they have now is small and kind of grungy.
Maybe one day Disney will have a few more affordable options for a family of 5. For now I'll keep dreaming Disney will put trundles in more of their mod resorts. I'd love to visit all of them, but that's a BIG dream
:laughing:

How often does Zach have seizures. Too bad it didn't happen for the Dr.'s to witness. Isn't that the way it always goes?! I hope he has a good week. I hope the Boston appointments went well, too.

Seizures happen at different rates for him. I am nerveous about the trip because I have noticed heat bothers him.

We have stayed at POR about 5 yrs ago. It was so nice. We won't rent a car because the busing is usually really good, just not sure with a value resort. We shall see this trip. I am up in the air to upgrade or just wing it for 3 days. I just may like it who knows. LOL

Boston Apt went ok for him. His femur still isn't healed and we don't go back till October but he knows his limits so we are good. It takes a really long time for his bones to heal when something happens so I am not surprised its not healed yet from his surgery in February. :sad2:

Tami-- we stay in Magnolia Bend all the time. they give us a rollaway cot for the 5th person.. (the rollaway is super close to the door, so there isnt much room.. but my girls freak out over the critters near Alligator Bayou...geckos. :rotfl2:)

Tami-- we stay in Magnolia Bend all the time. they give us a rollaway cot for the 5th person.. (the rollaway is super close to the door, so there isnt much room.. but my girls freak out over the critters near Alligator Bayou...geckos. :rotfl2:)

Seriously??? I've never known this. I've booked through a travel agent twice before and also on my own, and I was always told no other rooms would permit 5 unless one was an infant in a crib. That's great to know that's not necessarily the case. The trundles in the alligator bayou are~~~well, kind of gross and in need of an update. I would totally prefer a rollaway over the trundle. I'm going to have to see if I can request that when I go. Thanks for the tip. I just love learning new things through the dis!!

our boys will get along great! Yankees and Pirates fans!! :)

I am working on getting us all Steeler tshirts and tank tops (me n the girls) so we should be easy to spot!! or just listen for the non stop yelling of JOHN JR STOP!!!:rotfl:

Did someone say Steelers ???
tt.gif
tt.gif
tt.gif

My youngest goes nuts when she hears Steelers or sees anything black & yellow.....

hmmm, looking at the schedule

Sunday, Sept. 25 at Indianapolis 8:20 p.m. NBC

anyone know what is scheduled for this Cruise night (show/dining)? maybe get together and watch the game ??

Did someone say Steelers ???
tt.gif
tt.gif
tt.gif

My youngest goes nuts when she hears Steelers or sees anything black & yellow.....

hmmm, looking at the schedule

Sunday, Sept. 25 at Indianapolis 8:20 p.m. NBC

anyone know what is scheduled for this Cruise night (show/dining)? maybe get together and watch the game ??

wahoo another Steeler fan!! the first night is a regular rotation dinner, not sure of the show. Dh will be there watching the game and my son will be in the lounge until 9pm.. when everyone under 18 is asked to leave.. hopefully it will be up on the Jumbotron too!! My Terrible Towel will be packed and ready to go!! (might not bring jerseys....too hot!!)

we have a 13yr old daughter too!!

:cheer2: HELLO, MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BOOKED OUR FIRST CRUISE ON THE DREAM FOR SEPT 25, 2011 WITH OUR TWO YEAR OLD DAUGHTER. WE WILL BE ON DECK 9. CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU ALL AND HAVE LOTS OF FUN!

Hello, this will be our first disney cruise as well. We are traveling with our daughter who is two. We will be on deck 9. Can't wait to meet you all!

Jason
camille
sophia

Well it is getting closer. Just had breakfast with DS and we decided to wear matching shirts boarding. He is undecided about Pirate costume. I still have my skirt and blouse from last cruise. We really want to keep the packing as light as possible as I always overpack. Really just want to try to relax this one.Bringing my Nook. Anyone who knows me understands this will be a big stretch for me to unwind. No micro planning this time. In fact I got shut out of Palo Brunch. And I was able to book before as this is my 6th trip. Hopefully will beable to book onboard. :thumbsup2

I'm currently out of town for my sisters wedding, but I'll be putting together the final FE list sometime this week. Tomorrow is the cut-off date to join so I was planning to wait until then to finalize everything.

I'll be combining a minimum of 2 decks together per group. If you look at post #4 on page 1 you can at least figure out the cabins that will be in your group on your own deck. I'll PM everyone a list of who's in each group as soon as I get home and type it up. Hopefully I can have it all together by Thursday!!

Could everyone please look over post #4 and make sure I have all your right info? I've tried to e-mail everyone that I'm missing information from, and hopefully I heard back from anyone planning to participate. If you don't have a room assignment yet please let me know and I'll add that later, otherwise I'll assume you no longer want to be in the FE if I don't have a stateroom number listed for you.

Any takers yet on organizing the meet and greet the day we arrive? I'd still love for someone else to take over that task since I'm all new to this.

Happy last day of July!!

Tami

I'm finally home from a really wonderful trip to UT. and I'm planning to make it a priority to get the FE information sent out to everyone this week. There are a few families I never heard back from concerning stateroom numbers, so I'm assuming they are no longer able to participate in the Fe :sad1:

Just in case....
Encmerks
LoriBB13
Cholman,
and
Monaylexi families...If you still want to be included in the FE please let me know via this thread right away. I've attempted to e-mail or PM at least 3 times and haven't heard back. I want to cover all bases before finalizing the group lists, and I'd hate to leave you off the fe if you're still planning to participate.

To everyone else...I've been looking at the numbers and I'm planning to break us up into 3 sub-groups to keep the numbers manageable for those of us with limited suitcase room to transport items. Everyone in each sub-group will exchange gifts with each other, but if you're inclined you are more than welcome to give little tokens or gifts to everyone in our main BIG group if you'd like. I'll make sure to include the entire list on all our sheets as well as the 3 sub-groups so everyone is aware of names, stateroom numbers and ages of kids.

That's it for now. I can't believe we're already to August. Pretty soon we'll all be cruising in the Bahamas.

I am so excited. I can't wait to start crafting and putting things together for the FE. Just went to Hobby Lobby yesterday.:goodvibes

Exciting day! I have FE lists typed up and ready to send, but realized I could use everyone's e-mail address (not sure I can send an attachment via the disboard PM link) If everyone can take a minute to send me their e-mail I'll get some info sent to you. There's a link at the bottom of this post with my e-mail.

As an FYI: The groups are divided as follows:

Group 1: Decks 2 and 6
Group 2: Decks 8 and 9
Group 3: Decks 5 and 7

Hopefully that will work out okay with everyone. I know group 1 will have a little extra walking between decks to do, but that's the best I could do to try and make the groups fairly even.

Thanks,
Tami

E-mail: tamikevin@hotmail.com

Thank you Tami for organizing the FE list! We are very excited about participating. I sent you an email a few minutes ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter