Disney Dream- September 25th 4-Night Bahamian Cruise!

This makes me a little :sad:. My kids and I had the opportunity to go on a 3 day Wonder Cruise in '09 (our 1st ever cruise!), but my husband found out a few days before the trip that work was forcing him to stay behind the days we were sailing. Even though my boys and I had a fabulous time on the ship, I couldn't wait to dock and get to WDW where my hubby was flying down to meet us for the second half of the trip. I'm really hoping a Palo brunch will open up so we can celebrate making it on the Dream together. My 13 year old is really hoping to go on the teens Castaway Cay Wild Side Adventure. I can't start booking activities until the 27th so I have a little more time to wait. If everything's booked though, oh well. I'm sure we'll have a fantastic time no matter what we do. It's getting closer and closer!!\

Does anyone know what time the phone lines open to call and book activities or is it better to do it online?

The Wild Side is still available, it's just the brunch and the cabanas that seam to be all gone! :sad2::crazy2:

I'm crossing my fingers the Wild Side will still be available when my reservation opens for bookings. My son is really excited to try it out. We're not planning any other excursions this trip. How about everyone else?

We are officially off this cruise and moved to one in 2012. I need a volunteer to take over as admin of the Facebook group please.

In leaving, I just want to say a few things. I have really enjoyed getting to know so many of you through the DIS and Fb. I know you will have an amazing time on the cruise! We have found that a lot of our opinion of the cruise is like just about anything else in life - it isn't what happens to you that matters; it is how you happen what happens to you. I look forward to seeing pictures and reading stories about your time on Dream! Be blessed, safe, and have fun!!!!!

We are officially off this cruise and moved to one in 2012. I need a volunteer to take over as admin of the Facebook group please.

In leaving, I just want to say a few things. I have really enjoyed getting to know so many of you through the DIS and Fb. I know you will have an amazing time on the cruise! We have found that a lot of our opinion of the cruise is like just about anything else in life - it isn't what happens to you that matters; it is how you happen what happens to you. I look forward to seeing pictures and reading stories about your time on Dream! Be blessed, safe, and have fun!!!!!

Mimi~ It was really nice getting to know you, too. Thanks for all the pointers and feedback you gave to help get our group excited about the cruise. You've been a great help! I have no idea what it means to be the administrator of the facebook page, but you can e-mail me the details if no one else has volunteered to do it yet. Thanks again for everything. I hope the reason you're off the cruise is because you are happily busy planning a wedding. Have a wonderful summer.
Tami

Mimi~ It was really nice getting to know you, too. Thanks for all the pointers and feedback you gave to help get our group excited about the cruise. You've been a great help! I have no idea what it means to be the administrator of the facebook page, but you can e-mail me the details if no one else has volunteered to do it yet. Thanks again for everything. I hope the reason you're off the cruise is because you are happily busy planning a wedding. Have a wonderful summer.
Tami
Thank you so much for your kind words! I just have a passion for all things Disney. Their cruises are wonderful! I hope all of you enjoy your time on Dream! There is still no official engagement, but he is having trouble finding a teaching job, and to be fair, he has been at a teachers' conference in China for 2 weeks, so who knows what might await him upon return. At any rate, we know it is coming, and we want to be able to do what we can. She is our only daughter, and I don't know if my oldest (son) will ever get married. He is happy living life and planning on retiring at 35! :banana: More power to him if he makes it happen!!!! Maybe he'll send his mama on a Disney cruise!

Enjoy your travels, friends!!! Post pictures when you return please!

Alright everyone~I know our deadline to sign up for the FE isn't until August 1st, but I'm beginning the initial planning, and want your input on how to split up the groups. I was debating if I should divide according to decks, starboard & portside, or forward, aft, & mid-ship .

Everyone on deck 2 should easily be able to exchange with each other since all the staterooms are mid-ship. I'll most likely add another deck or two to that group, but for the rest of you how would you like me to start dividing. In my initial research the information I have received shows you pretty spread out on each deck. Is it easier for you to do exchanges going up and down stairs or would you rather walk long hallways. As of right now I think we'll divide into 2 or 3 groups.

I'm wanting to make it as fun as possible for everyone involved, so PLEASE let me know what you think will work best, and I'll try to make it happen.

One more thing. I've tried to e-mail everyone I don't have complete information from yet. If I don't have your stateroom number or ages of kids & teens could you please PM me or add it to this board so I can update our list. There are quite a few families I need extra info. on so everyone can start to plan their gifts and exchanges.
And remember, if you haven't signed up for the FE and want to...there's still time!! I'd love to have everyone participate that wants to. Just PM me or add a message to this board and I'll put you on the list. This will be my first time doing an FE, and I'm getting excited to meet the fellow dis members involved. My family has started brainstorming for our exchange, and we're going to start putting some things together next week.

I hope everyone is having a great summer, and getting excited about the cruise. I'm ready for a little tropical paradise, and the countdown is getting smaller and smaller!! I really hope you're all having an awesome summer!

Tami

Do you have any idea how many are going to be in a group? I have started working on our FE gifts!! We are talking almost every day about our cruise!!
We are looking forward to this cruise!!
Barbara:goodvibes

If you check out post #4 on page 1 of this thread I've updated all the information I've received. That will give you a pretty good idea how many people are planning to participate, but I'm planning to split the group into 2 or 3 subgroups to make it a little easier on everyone.

So far on deck 2 we have your family, my family, the PinkPrincessMom family, and part of the GoofyBunch family. I'm still waiting to hear back from 9 other families on their deck location and/or ages of kids. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon & I'll get a better estimate on how many people will be in each group.

:goodvibes I think we'll be running into each other quite a bit. We're sharing a wall with Bill, and another wall with Michael and Loretta. We'll try to keep the party noises down to a minimum for you :rotfl:

Where in PA did you travel to? I love that they sell Disney gift cards in my grocery store. :cool1:

I am originally from Pittsburgh.

Well we are home after 10 days in Hawaii.... hope everyone is staying cool..nothing like coming home to 95 degrees!

Hello! We have friends that have decided to cruise with us in Sept! :banana: They would also like to join the fish extender list. Can you please add cabin 8143? One lady and one daughter (7 years old).

Thank you!

Hi everyone!!!!!! We'll be sailing with all of you on this cruise and would love to be added to the FE list. In our group we have

myself (DW) Gina
(DH) Tom
(DD) Janae 5
(Dcousin) Rebekah 6

We are in stateroom #9669

This will be our 3rd cruise and Rebekah's 1st.

Quick question are you guys going to get lanyards done for this group?

We look forward to meeting all of you.:yay:

Hello! We have friends that have decided to cruise with us in Sept! :banana: They would also like to join the fish extender list. Can you please add cabin 8143? One lady and one daughter (7 years old).

Thank you!

The more the merrier!! Would you please send me their names? Tell them we all look forward to meeting them!!

Hi everyone!!!!!! We'll be sailing with all of you on this cruise and would love to be added to the FE list. In our group we have

myself (DW) Gina
(DH) Tom
(DD) Janae 5
(Dcousin) Rebekah 6

We are in stateroom #9669

This will be our 3rd cruise and Rebekah's 1st.

Quick question are you guys going to get lanyards done for this group?

We look forward to meeting all of you.:yay:

WELCOME Gina & family!! We also have a small facebook group. If you would like to be added I can send you an invite or add you to the group. See you soon!

Tami

WELCOME Gina & family!! We also have a small facebook group. If you would like to be added I can send you an invite or add you to the group. See you soon!

Tami

Thanks Tami. I would love to join the facebook group. I will pm you with my info.

gina

Thanks for all the updates. It really helps me out with the organization of the FE group. It will be SO much fun to cruise with friends. I bet your daughter and Shannyn will have a grand old time together. What a perfect way to make some lasting
memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter