• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream - October 9, 2011 - 4 Nights

I have been booked for a while. Used our DVC points from our newly aquired membership. We signed up on our first cruise upon the Wonder.

There will be 11 of us total.

Me (mom), DH, DD age 15, DD age 19, DS age 21, Neice age 17, Granddaughters ages 10 months and almost 3 years, "Disney Friends" Girls x 2 age 20, and my mom, age 60+

So we age from infant to greatgrandmother.... should be an interesting group!

We are staying on Deck 7 and have late dining. The current plan is to feed the babies, see the show and then take the kids to the nursery while we have dinner.

I am looking forward to time at the pools, enjoying some adult beverages, taking a ride on the Aquaduck, enjoying first class
entertainment and sharing my love of Disney with some new "Disney Friends". I would like to see the pirates party and fireworks.... we turned in early last time and enjoy a some adult areas of the ship. We are working on getting the almost 3 yo potty trained so she can enjoy the older kids clubs

I do have a question for you experienced fall cruisers.... How is the water temp at Castaway Cay in October?

Our first cruise was in April and while the air temp was perfect, the water temp was a bit chilly on the side.

Hi! We *may* be joining you guys - we have a HUGE family reunion that should be scheduled for the week before in Disney - then I'm thinking that DH and I will leave DS (2) with grandma for a few days while we enjoy the Dream... :teeth:

What kind of cabins is everyone getting? I'm considering a porthole (they look HUGE!) but will probably splurge for a balcony...

We are booked for the 10-9 4 night Bahama Dream cruise. Deck 5 Deluxe State with the extended verandah! Very excited for this is our first cruise together.

We are finishing paying for our Oct 9th Dream Cruise with DW and DS just looked at our last Cruise pics and we came back from our last cruise on the 9th of Oct 08! DS was just 5 months old then. We are excited to see this new ship and wondering what fellow dis boarders will be joining us? We have a stateroom with an extended verandah nice to have the extra space!!!

This was great too it helped DW and I to potty train DS we told him he couldn't go hang out with mickey on his boat in the oceaneer's club unless he could go potty on his own and wouldn't you know it 2 weeks later he is completely potty trained lol!!!

So now the count down begins

Hi, we're on the October 9th cruise as well, and were also on the Disney Wonder Oct 5th - 9th Cruise 2008!
Congratulations on the potty training!
We're getting very excited for this cruise too- Myself, DH,DS 17 and DD 15
Lisa x

that is awesome. What are the chances of that lol. We can't wait til then it seems to be dragging now

hi all DW DS and I will be joining you all on this cruise!! It will be DW and I 5th Disney Cruise. DS will be making his 2nd Cruise. His first one was back in October of 08 he was only 5 months old then. He is so excited!! see you all there

Welcome Amy!

I've fixed Post #228 to show that you are now AmyF and not just StacyC's friend... lol

I hate to say this but my family has decided not to participate in the fish extender fun!! Please take our names off the list should something change and we decide to go this route I will let you know!!
Thank you again!
Amy

This is our FIRST Cruise!!! We have 4 girls.. Will be 11, 7, almost 5, and 16 months... We will be celebrating my 4 year olds 5th Birthday on the ship! I hope that she will be tall enough to go on the aquaduck!!! Anyone else going with this age range of kids???

I'm New to all of this, so I'm wondering what does DS and DH and all that mean??? I just learning the ropes... Please help me! Thank you!!

I'm New to all of this, so I'm wondering what does DS and DH and all that mean??? I just learning the ropes... Please help me! Thank you!!

First of all:
:welcome:
The DS is dear son, DH is dear husband and so on. I have a 12 year daughter and a 14 year old son that will be with. Your kids will have a great time. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise, so I am no expert but can try to help with any questions.:)

Dang it... I just realized I haven't been getting my notifications and it's been a while since I checked in.

Welcome to all of the newcomers and I will update the role call one I get home!

Hi... sorry for the delay in the updates. I hadn't been getting notifications, so here is what I have.

AmyF... I have taken the "FE" off your name.

Regarding FE's -- since our roll call is getting quite extensive, I will make a list of just FE participants and post that along with the roll call, to try and make it a little simpler. I'll work on that shortly.

In the meantime, if you notice any changes that I should make to the below, please feel free to let me know.

Julie

Disney Dream: Sailing October 9, 2011
Private Board: http://disneydream1009.activeboard.com/
Meet and Mingle: Bon Voyage Lounge - Deck 3 @ 3pm
Screenname, Location, Adult and Children Names with ages where available, Cabin #, FE
1. Aburns8, Suffolk, VA, Andrea, Brian, Cabin 5682 – FE
2. AmyF, Tennessee, Amy, Kevin, Ashley (D14), Whitney (D9), Cabin 2021 (friends with StacyC)
3. ajwaspooh, Greensboro, GA, Amy, Husband, Daughter (8), Daughter (6), Daughter (1), Cabin 6188 – FE
4. ajwaspooh – Mother, Cabin 6186
5. B&BsMom, Philadelphia, PA, Kathy, Jack, Bobby (S10), Billy (S7), Cabin 10590 – FE
6. BettyBeBop – Betty Sue, Texas… and Wlbbcb – Wendy, Indiana, Cabin 9555 – FE
7. Blanche Neige, Montreal, Quebec, 2 Adults, Son (11), Son (9), Son (9), Cabin ____ – FE
8. cctimmom, Massachusetts, Julie, Jim, Cabin 9176 (friends with emtmom)
9. clemsonbishop, Orlando, FL, Kerri, Husband, Bradley (S7), Jacob (S4)
10. clemsonbishop – Parents, 2 Adults
11. DisneyDreams4P&B, Atlanta, GA, Jenna, Scott, Payton (11), Brady (8), Keeley (3), Cabin 10618 – FE
12. DisneyDreamerK, Kristina, BF, Cabin 7686
13. DisneyMom2008, Romeoville, IL, Jennifer, Randy, Dakota (S14), Jordan (D12), Cabin 7600 – FE
14. emtmom, Massachusetts, Thea, Jim (friends with cctimmom)
15. Grooovertoo, Colorado, Darla, Dave, Dana (D6), Cabin ____ – FE
16. haileyboo, St. Louis, MO, Lyndi, Denver, Hailey (D9), Austin (S6), Cabin 8517
17. IrishCowboy, Birmingham, AL
18. j cwayman, Wife, Husband, Son (3)
19. JeffAmyCole, Grove City, OH, Amy, Jeff, Cole (S)
20. jjgarv, Central, PA
21. kstategrad, Arlington, TN, Julie, Ron, Ethan (S14), Seth (S10), Clay (N15), Cabin 7016 – FE
22. luv2plan, Mahomet, IL, Dana, Gray (S11), Max (S8)
23. lynnemcb, Scotland, Lynne, Ivor, Emily (D10) Jonathan (S7), Cabin ____ – FE
24. missander, Sydney, Australia, Jennie, Mom, Daughter (9)
25. miztressuz, 12 people
26. Momma of 4, Daughter (11), Daughter (7), Daughter (5), Daughter (16 months)
27. mommyrom, Long Island, CT, Wife, Husband, Son (13), Son (10), Daughter (8), Son (3)
28. okiegal, Wife, Husband, Son (11), Daughter (8)
29. okwjim, Hemet, CA, Judy, Jim, Cabin 7034
30. prattypak, Westminster, CO, Wendy, Mark, Christian (S), Libby (D), Robin (S), (Deck 5)
31. Prinny, New Jersey, Wife, Husband, Cabin ____ – FE
32. quackattack, Middle, Tennessee, Rochelle, Husband, Son (11), Cabin 9669 – FE
33. rparmfamily, Hawaii, Adults, Daughter (10), Son (8), Daughter (2)
34. ScottishDisMam, Scotland, Lisa, Husband, Son (17), Daughter (15)
35. sobotv, South Boston, VA, Tamyra, Tim, Dad – Ted, Mom – Imogene, Cabin 6156 – FE
36. Sparkie, Alabama, Wife, Husband, Daughter (15), Daughter (19), Son (21), Niece (17), Granddaughter (10 months), Granddaughter (3), Friend (20), Friend (20), Mom, (Deck 7)
37. Stacy C, Tennessee, Stacy, Husband, Son (16), Daughter (9), Daughter (5), Cabin 2017 – FE (friends with AmyF)
38. Stacy C Friend, Tennessee, Jennifer H, Jason, Lane (S13), Neely (D13), Taylor (D16), Brittany (D16), Emily (N24), Jordan (N24), Cabins 2517 and 2519 – FE
39. Stephieann, Tennessee, Stephanie, Michael, Cabin 7022 – FE
40. Stephieann Friend, Jennifer, Jeff, Son (14), Daughter (11), Cabin 7520
41. STLDisney Freak, Suburban St. Louis, Sandra, Michael, Kassandra (D7), Autumn (D9), Adult #3
42. THE G FAMILY, Australia, Wife, Husband, Daughter (14), Daughter (10), Daughter (8)
43. THE G FAMILY Friend, Australia, Wife, Husband
44. tiffsix, Toms River, NJ, Wife, Husband, Son (4), Daughter (almost 2), MIL, Dad
45. tigger2on, Toronto, Canada, Suzanne, Michael, Madigan (D6), Graiden (S4), Finnian (S3), Kaylin (N16), Cabin 6501 – FE
*** tigger2on Cabin #2, Cabin 6001 (FE is on Cabin 6501)
46. tylerandalexsmom, Kentucky, Andie, Allen, Tyler (S13), Alex (D16), Cabin 9674 – FE
47. VAgal76, Virginia, 5 Adults, Son (15)
48. yellowfish78
49. ziggette, West Tennessee, Jill, Steve, Skyla (D5), Saylor (D2) – FE

I can't believe how full this cruise is getting! This is so exciting!

BTW Julie - you are doing an amazing job of keeping up with it all! Thanks so much for your efforts!

First of all:
:welcome:
The DS is dear son, DH is dear husband and so on. I have a 12 year daughter and a 14 year old son that will be with. Your kids will have a great time. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise, so I am no expert but can try to help with any questions.:)

Thank YOU!! I'm so excited! I am just wondering how to make friends before we go, so my kids will have others to be with.. We have a lot of cousins going, but really they are older or younger than all of my kids! Do you participate in the fish extender thing?? I'm just wondering how to go about it.. I'm sure I have a million other questions! But thank you for being so nice!!!

Dang it... I just realized I haven't been getting my notifications and it's been a while since I checked in.

Welcome to all of the newcomers and I will update the role call one I get home!

Hey Julie, it's the 'other' Julie checking in! ;)

I haven't been on here in a while--life is busy right now with baseball, Scouts, work, and my part-time gig at the Disney Store! I'm worn out and don't have much time to post these days...

I am so excited to meet all of you!

Did you guys know that today it's exactly SIX months until we sail!!??:cool1:

Hi Everyone and welcome to the new cruisers,

I haven't visited the thread in a while (lost track of time) and I also haven't gotten the updates :confused3

We have been really busy trip to WDW and Universal Studios in March, boys are getting ready for the new baseball season. Anyways now I am back dreaming about the cruise :cloud9: I just hope we will still be able to go... My husband still hasn't found a job :sad1: not for lack of qualification but because he doesn't speak French and here in Quebec that is a BIG deal :headache:
We will know in the next month what we are doing...

I think I had mentionned before, a while back, that one of my twin doesn't want to come :sad2: but we found someone to stay here with him :woohoo:

We had booked 2 insides carbines (11A) for the 5 of us. I called this week to change the ressie to have 4 in one of the staterooms. I was told that our rooms could only sleep 3 people each :confused3 if we wanted to be all in one cabin we would have a category 4A with veranda that cost about 3260$ :scared1: Our 2 staterooms are about 2600$ :idea:so I think we will stick with our 2 connecting cabines :rolleyes1

Hi... sorry for the delay in the updates. I hadn't been getting notifications, so here is what I have.

AmyF... I have taken the "FE" off your name.

Regarding FE's -- since our roll call is getting quite extensive, I will make a list of just FE participants and post that along with the roll call, to try and make it a little simpler. I'll work on that shortly.

In the meantime, if you notice any changes that I should make to the below, please feel free to let me know.

Julie

Disney Dream: Sailing October 9, 2011
Private Board: http://disneydream1009.activeboard.com/
Meet and Mingle: Bon Voyage Lounge - Deck 3 @ 3pm
Screenname, Location, Adult and Children Names with ages where available, Cabin #, FE
1. Aburns8, Suffolk, VA, Andrea, Brian, Cabin 5682 – FE
2. AmyF, Tennessee, Amy, Kevin, Ashley (D14), Whitney (D9), Cabin 2021 (friends with StacyC)
3. ajwaspooh, Greensboro, GA, Amy, Husband, Daughter (8), Daughter (6), Daughter (1), Cabin 6188 – FE
4. ajwaspooh – Mother, Cabin 6186
5. B&BsMom, Philadelphia, PA, Kathy, Jack, Bobby (S10), Billy (S7), Cabin 10590 – FE
6. BettyBeBop – Betty Sue, Texas… and Wlbbcb – Wendy, Indiana, Cabin 9555 – FE
7. Blanche Neige, Montreal, Quebec, 2 Adults, Son (11), Son (9), Son (9), Cabin ____ – FE
8. cctimmom, Massachusetts, Julie, Jim, Cabin 9176 (friends with emtmom)
9. clemsonbishop, Orlando, FL, Kerri, Husband, Bradley (S7), Jacob (S4)
10. clemsonbishop – Parents, 2 Adults
11. DisneyDreams4P&B, Atlanta, GA, Jenna, Scott, Payton (11), Brady (8), Keeley (3), Cabin 10618 – FE
12. DisneyDreamerK, Kristina, BF, Cabin 7686
13. DisneyMom2008, Romeoville, IL, Jennifer, Randy, Dakota (S14), Jordan (D12), Cabin 7600 – FE
14. emtmom, Massachusetts, Thea, Jim (friends with cctimmom)
15. Grooovertoo, Colorado, Darla, Dave, Dana (D6), Cabin ____ – FE
16. haileyboo, St. Louis, MO, Lyndi, Denver, Hailey (D9), Austin (S6), Cabin 8517
17. IrishCowboy, Birmingham, AL
18. j cwayman, Wife, Husband, Son (3)
19. JeffAmyCole, Grove City, OH, Amy, Jeff, Cole (S)
20. jjgarv, Central, PA
21. kstategrad, Arlington, TN, Julie, Ron, Ethan (S14), Seth (S10), Clay (N15), Cabin 7016 – FE
22. luv2plan, Mahomet, IL, Dana, Gray (S11), Max (S8)
23. lynnemcb, Scotland, Lynne, Ivor, Emily (D10) Jonathan (S7), Cabin ____ – FE
24. missander, Sydney, Australia, Jennie, Mom, Daughter (9)
25. miztressuz, 12 people
26. Momma of 4, Daughter (11), Daughter (7), Daughter (5), Daughter (16 months)
27. mommyrom, Long Island, CT, Wife, Husband, Son (13), Son (10), Daughter (8), Son (3)
28. okiegal, Wife, Husband, Son (11), Daughter (8)
29. okwjim, Hemet, CA, Judy, Jim, Cabin 7034
30. prattypak, Westminster, CO, Wendy, Mark, Christian (S), Libby (D), Robin (S), (Deck 5)
31. Prinny, New Jersey, Wife, Husband, Cabin ____ – FE
32. quackattack, Middle, Tennessee, Rochelle, Husband, Son (11), Cabin 9669 – FE
33. rparmfamily, Hawaii, Adults, Daughter (10), Son (8), Daughter (2)
34. ScottishDisMam, Scotland, Lisa, Husband, Son (17), Daughter (15)
35. sobotv, South Boston, VA, Tamyra, Tim, Dad – Ted, Mom – Imogene, Cabin 6156 – FE
36. Sparkie, Alabama, Wife, Husband, Daughter (15), Daughter (19), Son (21), Niece (17), Granddaughter (10 months), Granddaughter (3), Friend (20), Friend (20), Mom, (Deck 7)
37. Stacy C, Tennessee, Stacy, Husband, Son (16), Daughter (9), Daughter (5), Cabin 2017 – FE (friends with AmyF)
38. Stacy C Friend, Tennessee, Jennifer H, Jason, Lane (S13), Neely (D13), Taylor (D16), Brittany (D16), Emily (N24), Jordan (N24), Cabins 2517 and 2519 – FE
39. Stephieann, Tennessee, Stephanie, Michael, Cabin 7022 – FE
40. Stephieann Friend, Jennifer, Jeff, Son (14), Daughter (11), Cabin 7520
41. STLDisney Freak, Suburban St. Louis, Sandra, Michael, Kassandra (D7), Autumn (D9), Adult #3
42. THE G FAMILY, Australia, Wife, Husband, Daughter (14), Daughter (10), Daughter (8)
43. THE G FAMILY Friend, Australia, Wife, Husband
44. tiffsix, Toms River, NJ, Wife, Husband, Son (4), Daughter (almost 2), MIL, Dad
45. tigger2on, Toronto, Canada, Suzanne, Michael, Madigan (D6), Graiden (S4), Finnian (S3), Kaylin (N16), Cabin 6501 – FE
*** tigger2on Cabin #2, Cabin 6001 (FE is on Cabin 6501)
46. tylerandalexsmom, Kentucky, Andie, Allen, Tyler (S13), Alex (D16), Cabin 9674 – FE
47. VAgal76, Virginia, 5 Adults, Son (15)
48. yellowfish78
49. ziggette, West Tennessee, Jill, Steve, Skyla (D5), Saylor (D2) – FE

WOW, 49 people on the FE list!!!

are we splitting the list in smaller groups?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter