Disney Dream Mattresses and Bedding

pcjcec

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

We recently sailed on the Dream in November and I absolutely love and NEED to get the mattress and pillows! Has anyone found a mattress place that carries that particular mattress and has anyone found the pillows or something super close to the quality we had. Thanks so much for any and all help :)

We bought the mattress at Matttress Fair in PA. I love going to bed at night...

For the brand and name of the mattress, I know the website (DCL) states that it is the sealy posturepedic premium plush euro top but I can't even find that specific mattress anywhere, even online?

I guess we all just figured out what the “Price” is in the proverbial “Can’t put a price on a good night sleep” $2100 bucks! Ouch!

I just got off the Fantasy and was determined to find the mattress. Since I couldn't find a "Posturepedic Premium Euro" on anybody's website I called Sealy directly and they put me through to the person in charge of the Disney account in the Hospitality division. She said that I could go lie on mattresses in a retail store but there is nothing exactly like the one on the ship because they make them specifically for Disney ships (and are different than the ones in the resort hotels). She said that I can order one directly from Sealy since Disney does not a have a retail purchase option for the cruise mattresses. Here's the good news: a queen set is $847 delivered. I didn't believe it since I saw several people say that they paid $2000 for a set similar to the ones on the ships but she said this is the right mattress and you are buying it directly from them and you have to wait while they build it which can take 4-6 weeks (unless they are already making them when you call and then it will be quicker). I am going to order one! She also said that the Disney ones do not have gel or foam in them (because of allergy issues).
Hope this helps everybody else who loved the mattress as much as me!
Sealy - 1-800- MY-Sealy
Ask for Hospitality division and then the person in charge of the Disney account.
Happy Hunting!

rdmsjill - Did you already receive your mattress? Is it the same? We just got off the Magic and I want to order the mattress as well.

Thank you!

Your looking for two twin mattresses?

They no longer use twin mattresses on the ships. The Dream and Fantasy began sailing with queen mattresses already in place. The Magic was changed over during their big overhaul and the Wonder beds were switched out in the last few months. With the new bedding it is no longer possible to split the beds into twins.

Wow, after reading this post, I'm REALLY looking forward to sleeping in this bed on my upcoming Dream cruise! This must be some mattress!

We were on the Dream for a 4-nighter on November 10th last year and I took this picture of dumpster after dumpster of old mattresses being hauled away from the dock area. I agree that the bedding was really nice but it may have been brand new also which makes a big difference.

DSC_7629.jpg

I ordered the mattress directly through Sealy Hospitality division. It was easy to order and the total cost for a queen mattress, box spring, delivery, and removal of our old mattress is $912. We haven't received it yet but they did call to confirm it is now being made at the warehouse. I'll update once it arrives :)
I used the phone number that is above in this thread.

please update when it comes, I want to order one as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter