• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream March 25, 2016 Fish Extender Exchange Group

Sweet2th

Earning My Ears
Welcome to our group sailing. This will be an Easter on the High Seas sailing. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We will have an FE Group for our sailing. Join us in all the fun :flower1:

Welcome to the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the March 25-28, 2016 Disney Dream Cruise! Groups will be 15 cabins per group. If you'd like to join, please post the following information:
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)*** If GTY, please share that it is a GTY room and number to come
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies
-- Favorite Disney Character
If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fish-extenders-101-can-someone-educate-me.2259129/#post-33184281

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

This Group will close on February 25th, 2016. This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!

Guidelines for our fish extender:

1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person within that cabin, just the kids, or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.

2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Friday, March 25th until 4 PM on Sunday, March 27th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of March 28th.

3.Please include a tag with your cabin number on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from.

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:

1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number of cabins will be announced after our August 1st, sign up deadline.

2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay / Etsy by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search online other places. Some people also get a pocket hanger from Ikea to decorate and make their own.

3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.

4. Scissors to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it for someone else.

5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.

If anyone have any questions feel free to ask
Thanks!!!!!

Last edited:

Yay!! We are on the 2016 Dream List!!!

Hi everybody,

SO SORRY !!! WE CANNOT ATTEND ANYMORE SO I'M TAKING OUR INFO OFF - WILL MISS Y'ALL

this will be our first Disney cruise!! Both our daughter's are having birthdays that week and so we are celebrating !!

Cabin # 9574

Kristina
(Virginia Beach, VA, USA)

Last edited:
Yay!!!
We can't wait for Easter on the Disney high seas!!! We are long time Disney fans, but this will be our first Disney cruise!

My kids and I are big pin traders and just love any kind of pins. We are all very kind traders and will always make trades with younger kids. We've even been known to sprinkle a little pixie dust by giving a pin to a kid who is begging their parents for one in the Disney gift shops . So, feel free to look us up for some easy, low pressure trades!!!

Our room number is 7086.
Tammy (mom) favorite character...Mickey, of course
Christian (dad) favorite character...likes them all
Katie (16) favorite character...Figment, and anyone from Nightmare Before Christmas
Dan (14) favorite character...Stitch, and The Orange Bird

We have no allergies, no food or beverage restrictions and we are all easy to please!

Unfortunatley, my parents had to cancel their plans to cruise with us, for medical reasons. My mom is still making her FE gifts and hopes to repurchase their tickets if her health allows. If they are not able to cruise with us, she will be sending her gifts with me!
So, disregard the underlined section below and I will delete their room information entry....
(((( We happen to be traveling with my parents (the kid's grandparents) for this cruise. My mom is a quilter and has already begun to make fish extender gifts! They will be great, I'm sure, but she isn't very tech-friendly, so I will be posting their info in the next reply. My parents have their own separate room, adjoining mine, so please include them in the fun! ))))

Last edited:
Ok, so as promised, here is the post for my awesome parents:

((((NO LONGER CRUISING*****PLEASE DISREGARD))))))
Tom and Marianne are super-duper parents and grandparents who live in Florida (lucky!!). They are semi-retired snow birds from Syracuse, NY. Tom was even a Disney Silver Cast Member, at one time!!!

Last edited:

Hi,
We are in cabin 6606.
Sandy(Nana)
Brian(Papa)
Jonathan-8 years
Hayden-9 years (girl)
Eva- 10 years
This is our first time on the Dream. I don't know favorite characters yet but I will find out. Our special celebrations are birthdays for all 3 kiddos and a first cruise for the 2 grand daughters.

Hi,
I have updates for our cabin.
Jonathan- favorite characters- Star Wars, Lion King, Incredibles- especially Dash
Hayden- Mulan, Belle,Minnie Mouse
Eva- Elsa and Olaf, Ariel
Sandy- Any princess and Tinkerbell

Happy New Year, everyone! Our cruise is happening this year! It's less than 3 months away. Yikes!
Are you going to WDW before or after the cruise? We are heading there first for 5 days. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Wonder how full the ship is yet. Do you think it will be sold out?
Any ideas on how to let others know about our FE groups?

Welcome to our group sailing. This will be an Easter on the High Seas sailing. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We will have an FE Group for our sailing. Join us in all the fun :flower1:

Welcome to the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the March 25-28, 2016 Disney Dream Cruise! Groups will be 15 cabins per group. If you'd like to join, please post the following information:
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)*** If GTY, please share that it is a GTY room and number to come
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies
-- Favorite Disney Character
If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/fish-extenders-101-can-someone-educate-me.2259129/#post-33184281

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

This Group will close on February 25th, 2016. This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!

Guidelines for our fish extender:

1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person within that cabin, just the kids, or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.

2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Friday, March 25th until 4 PM on Sunday, March 27th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of March 28th.

3.Please include a tag with your cabin number on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from.

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:

1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number of cabins will be announced after our August 1st, sign up deadline.

2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay / Etsy by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search online other places. Some people also get a pocket hanger from Ikea to decorate and make their own.

3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.

4. Scissors to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it for someone else.

5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.

If anyone have any questions feel free to ask
Thanks!!!!!

Hi,
This is our first time for a Disney Dream Cruise. I would like to join the fish extenders group. We have two staterooms in our group and I am wondering how I join?

I think I just need to list our information - so here goes:

Cabin 8070
Dave - Bampa
Irene - Nana
Tiffany - Mom
Jacob - boy, 7 turning 8 (celebrating birthday on cruise) fav character - Star Wars

Cabin 8068
Joe - Dad
Chrissy - Mom
Aniston - girl, 4 turning 5 (celebrating birthday on cruise), fav character - Minnie
Lucy - girl, 2, fav character - Mickey

No allergies.

Last edited:
Happy New Year, everyone! Our cruise is happening this year! It's less than 3 months away. Yikes!
Are you going to WDW before or after the cruise? We are heading there first for 5 days. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Wonder how full the ship is yet. Do you think it will be sold out?
Any ideas on how to let others know about our FE groups?
Hi there! We were at Magic Kingdom at Christmastime, so no parks for us. We are visiting family in Tampa the week before the cruise.
If I'm really lucky, we may be able to squeeze in a stop at the new Disney springs, on our way from the terminal to the airport, after the cruise!
This is our first Disney cruise but Im making my fish extender right now! I can't wait!

Last edited:
Hi Nana!
I'm so excited, aren't you?!?! I can't wait for our cruise and it's getting so close!
I've been doing a bit of research on how the fish extender exchange works, because it's my first time, too.
It seems that in order to have both cabins receive "F.E." Gifts, both cabins need to give their own gifts. So, in other words, you wouldn't be able to ask for both rooms to receive gifts from everyone, if you are only giving gifts from your cabin. Does that make sense?

Hi,
This is our first time for a Disney Dream Cruise. I would like to join the fish extenders group. We have two staterooms in our group and I am wondering how I join?

I think I just need to list our information - so here goes:

Cabin 8070
Dave - Bampa
Irene - Nana
Tiffany - Mom
Jacob - boy, 7 turning 8 (celebrating birthday on cruise) fav character - Star Wars

Cabin 8068
Joe - Dad
Chrissy - Mom
Aniston - girl, 4 turning 5 (celebrating birthday on cruise), fav character - Minnie
Lucy - girl, 2, fav character - Mickey

No allergies.

That makes sense to me and is what we are planning! I am concerned that there are so few people listed here...do you have any idea when we find out who will be in our FE group?

Believe me, Nana, I'm thinking the same thing! I've been made the informal moderator here and I can tell you, I'm doing all I can to "drum up business"! There's got to be hundreds on families on our cruise, so where are they all?!?! Have you tried googling our cruise date? I have. It's only mentioned on one other forum, but everyone's cabin info is here.
I'm thinking we should keep the group open for another week or two atleast, before we finalize our lists.
At that time, I will give everyone access to a spreadsheet with all the names and cabin numbers, so no one gets left out.
I guess we will all have to keep our fingers crossed to get a few more people, but if we don't, I think it will still be great!

Yay! we are on the Dream 2016 Cruise list
ATTENTION!!!
PLEASE DO NOT MENTION ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES HERE ON DISBOARDS!!!!
IF YOU DO, THE ADMINISTRATOR WILL LIKELY DELETE YOUR POST, and we don't want that.
Apparently, certain social media sites and DISBOARDS do not get along and neither one wants you to post any info about the other one!
Please, post your cabin info here and you will be included in the spread sheet!
Let me know if you have ANY QUESTIONS!

ATTENTION!!!
PLEASE DO NOT MENTION ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA SITES HERE ON DISBOARDS!!!!
IF YOU DO, THE ADMINISTRATOR WILL LIKELY DELETE YOUR POST, and we don't want that.
Apparently, certain social media sites and DISBOARDS do not get along and neither one wants you to post any info about the other one!
Please, post your cabin info here and you will be included in the spread sheet!
Let me know if you have ANY QUESTIONS!
Yes, but be aware that it's not just social media sites, it's also a site that many use for spreadsheets. Here's the full policy:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter