Disney Dream March 20, 2011 Happy Spring Break!

We head out tomorrow-Driving from NY state. I am slowly getting ready. Lots of little things here and there.

Just cashed in all our change and bottle return slips we've been saving since September :) No tips will have to be charged to our account because of this! We saved $95 in Bottle return slips and $200 in silver change. We also had $10 in pennies which I took to coinstar and got a starbucks card with since our hotel in cocoa beach has a starbucks in it. I am thrifty by nature I guess!

We are flying down on Saturday. I've started gathering stuff, but now really packing. Feeling a little panicky right now.

Ready to relax!:yay:

Starting to feel paniced now too! Finished 1st round of packing... now trying to "lighten the load"! looking forward to the surf, sand and sun and of course..... the DREAM!:yay:

Also finished first round of packing last night. Still need to actually hunt a few things down and DH needs to pack tonight...then it's just waiting.:cool1:

Hopefully we will be on the road by 4pm today!!! Cannot wait. I know I am OVERPACKED but since we don't have to worry about airline fees I don't care. Booked our excursion last minute yesterday, it is supposed to be beautiful in Nassau on Monday!
I am sure that all the negative stuff is just picky, fussy folks needing something to complain about . I am ready to have a good time!

We have a 20 hour drive from northern Illinois - hoping to be on the road by 1pm tomorrow. DS (10) had a dental emergency on Tuesday so I had him at the dentist yesterday morning. Broke off one of his two front permanent teeth! Sure didn't need that expense before vacation, but glad it happened this week and not next week on the ship!! I'm sure Mickey would charge a lot more than our dentist! Have had the suitcases out since last weekend, but finally started to pack last night. Now all the little things to do - stop the newspaper, hold the mail, pick up dry cleaning, buy snacks for the drive....I'm starting to panic too!!

Safe travels to the ship everyone!!

My son broke off his front tooth too. So if you see a toddler with one front tooth, that's my boy. It broke my heart that it happened before our cruise.

Still haven't finished packing and we leave first thing in the morning! Most things are laid out, though. Still lots on the To Do list!

Seems like there are many kids who have teeth stories...we do too. Three years ago, one of our twin sons chipped 1 front tooth while playing on a trampoline. No worries, just a little filing down required. Not two weeks later, he and a friend were playing Wii tennis and he got wacked in the mouth with the numchuk...chipped the other front tooth! This one took more repair, but you could never tell now.

Any 12 (or so) year old boys coming on the cruise?

My son broke off his front tooth too. So if you see a toddler with one front tooth, that's my boy. It broke my heart that it happened before our cruise.

Yep, I think boys know moms want lots of pictures for vacation! My son got a huge scrape on his forehead....so he now looks like Harry Potter :)

Good afternoon all,
I spoke with travel agent and he suggested the Vista Cafe for a meet and greet on Sunday. It is near shutters off the Atrium. Hope to see you there. We drive to Disney Saturday afternoon. Still packing but it will get done. I wish everybody safe travels to the ship. Sorry to hear about dental issues and the scrapes. Girls do it too though. I am keeping my fingers crossed. My oldest fell right before her first ballet recital and had a big knot on her forehead. I think of it every time I look at her portrait. Well I can't wait to be on the Dream. I need to book next year's cruise while we are on so I have something to look forward to after we disembark.

Thank you so much for finding a location for the "Meet and Greet"! Looking forward to meeting everyone from the boards..... safe travels to everyone....:flower3:

Hope everyone has a safe trip! We are driving now......making a stop later in Valdosta. Will be up bright and early for remainder of drive. EPCOT here we come :banana:

Hope to see some of you guys on the ship!

twinmum my younger DS is 11 (12 in May). He's usually pretty social but sometimes initially stand-offish. If your boy(s) are into sports he'll be game though.

My friends got here today! Mani/pedi tomorrow morning and Typhoon in the afternoon. See you all Sunday!

In the van still driving back home....it gets colder at each stop. I just wanted to say thank you very much to everyone that participated in the fish extender. We loved the wide variet of things we received.
We really enjoyed our trip though the ship had its good and bad. Hope you all had a great time.

We got home last night. I wanted to thank all the FE participants for the wonderful gifts. My girls enjoyed the exchange even more this year since they helped with making some of the items as well as delivery. We had a wonderful cruise. I wish we could have made the meet and greet but we were running a bit behind on Sunday. We did meet one from our group at lunch so that was nice. Well we booked our cruise for spring break next year. Same time same ship. Anybody else book on board? We wanted to do B2B but the 4 night is followed by a 5 night next year. Too long and the girls would miss school.

Hope everyone had a great trip! We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed our B2B. We booked on board as well but for Fantasy July 2012.

Thanks to everyone for all the great FE gifts.

Still on our long drive home.....gets colder and colder!:sad2:

Thanks everyone for making our first exchange so much fun. We all really enjoyed it. Hope everyone had a great cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter