Disney Dream - March 14-17, 2013

I'm curious...is anyone here into dancing in the nightclubs? I love to dance...but on my last cruise both my DH and the friend I cruise with kept falling asleep on me every night. Would love to arrange some DISer dance parties if anyone is into it.

Sounds fun! I did this on my last cruise (Carnival), never done dancing on my Disney Cruise but would love to try to fit it in!

Pirate Night is the 2nd night.

On another note .... no new updates to the FE list this week.

I'm curious...is anyone here into dancing in the nightclubs? I love to dance...but on my last cruise both my DH and the friend I cruise with kept falling asleep on me every night. Would love to arrange some DISer dance parties if anyone is into it.

I'm in for dancing while the DH is in the cabin with the sleeping boys lol! My DH isn't into dancing...
As long as it isn't the night before I try to run my first 5K on Castaway Cay, I'm in!

Just booked us (DD13 and I) for this sailing. This will be our 5th and 6th Disney cruise, as we are doing both the 4 night leaving on the 10th and this one. We are from the Tampa area and are frequently over at Disney World. Can't wait for March to get here!

Has anyone been to Nassau before? Have been looking over the shore excursions and wondering if we should just stay on the ship or do something. Also, if you step off the ship is there anything to see right there or do you need to take a taxi into town?

We are doing the Atlantis tour and wife and kids doing the dolphin encounter. Sounds like we ride a bus there.

Hi everyone,
We are also on the Mar 14th cruise... Looking forward to it. It s our first cruise and its a surprise for the kids ( 6,6,9 )... we are also bringing grandparents along.

I am interested in the FE, although, I am not sure I really understand what it entails...but it sounds like something the kids might enjoy...maybe something I can get the grandparents to help pull together ahead of time.

can someone tell me what you do and what kinds of things you drop off/receive.

thanks, sorry to be so dense, but I get the general idea, but wanted to get a sense of what preparation and time would be needed to do it....its a short cruise.

thanks!
Whirl

KatyTxGal said:
My group is coming from both Katy and Needville. We are also going to the the parks beginning Saturday the 9th. Which also happens to be my son's 12th birthday. Pretty nice birthday present, huh :) I'm hoping the weather might be nice enough to spend one of our days at the water park. I heard only Typhoon Lagoon will be open at the time.

Elaine - Don't know about the actual dancing but I can handle the "party" part of it, lol.

taramoz said:
Sounds fun! I did this on my last cruise (Carnival), never done dancing on my Disney Cruise but would love to try to fit it in!

CanuckTraveller said:
I'm in for dancing while the DH is in the cabin with the sleeping boys lol! My DH isn't into dancing...
As long as it isn't the night before I try to run my first 5K on Castaway Cay, I'm in!

Awesome...get your dancing shoes on! I don't feel comfortable at the nightclubs in my town...so I rarely get a chance to dance...this will be a treat!

How about we arrange a meet at 11:30pm in Evolution on the 1st day?

Hmmm...how will we recognize each other?

Awesome...get your dancing shoes on! I don't feel comfortable at the nightclubs in my town...so I rarely get a chance to dance...this will be a treat!

How about we arrange a meet at 11:30pm in Evolution on the 1st day?

Hmmm...how will we recognize each other?

I'm sure I can stay awake for an hour or so lol!
I also replied to your post on cc ;)

CanuckTraveller said:
I'm sure I can stay awake for an hour or so lol!
I also replied to your post on cc ;)

Awesome...hopefully between here and CC we can get a great group together. I have always loved the meets...on cruises and at WDW! Always fun to meet new folks :)

Hi,
We are TOTALLY new to all this board stuff, so please don't judge my ignorance ;) We are going to be on the 3 night Dream cruise beginning March 14. I definitely want to do a FE and be a part of all the fun! We have 2 kids, Aged 19 and 7 (yes, I know and they aren't even our biggest age difference!), both girls. They will be ALL over the FE fun! Please let me know what you need from me and if anyone want to be kind enough to fill me in a bit on how this works, I'd be grateful!
Newbie Mom in Iowa

Greetings!
Well, I can't come this trip, but I am sending my husband and two sons on this sailing. They'd enjoy doing the FE's too...so I've sent that info over. We've been blessed to be on a number of Disney sailings; its certainly a favorite getaway.

Our youngest is turning 21 on the last day-so its a birthday:thumbsup2/Spring Break trip for the guys. You should expect to see them on the dancefloor in the clubs. :cool2: Hopefully they will also have the energy to get up before noon, and on Castaway Cay I expect them to run off the food on the 5K. :wave2:

Are you going to do a meet-n-greet on the first day?

Happy Sailing!

Hi everyone,
We are also on the Mar 14th cruise... Looking forward to it. It s our first cruise and its a surprise for the kids ( 6,6,9 )... we are also bringing grandparents along.

I am interested in the FE, although, I am not sure I really understand what it entails...but it sounds like something the kids might enjoy...maybe something I can get the grandparents to help pull together ahead of time.

can someone tell me what you do and what kinds of things you drop off/receive.

thanks, sorry to be so dense, but I get the general idea, but wanted to get a sense of what preparation and time would be needed to do it....its a short cruise.

thanks!
Whirl

My son absolutely LOVED doing the FE 2 years ago. Not only for the surprises he found but dropping stuff off at other doors. Your hanger can be anything that has pouches in it for the number of people in your cabin. If you do a search on these boards you can see all the creative ways people did this. So even with limited time you can make it happen. I've heard of shoe pouches, purses strung together, anything you can think of goes. I think it needs to stay within 7" wide to fit in the door space. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Then I've created a list of all the adults and children and email it weekly with updates to the FE list. The stuff you drop off/receive are anything from little knick knacks, stuff from your state, notebooks, candy, pens, stickers, gum, packaged snacks, little bottles of booze (for the adults of course!). Anything you can think of. Again, you can search the boards to get more ideas. Lots of people post their pictures of their loot.

Hi,
We are TOTALLY new to all this board stuff, so please don't judge my ignorance ;) We are going to be on the 3 night Dream cruise beginning March 14. I definitely want to do a FE and be a part of all the fun! We have 2 kids, Aged 19 and 7 (yes, I know and they aren't even our biggest age difference!), both girls. They will be ALL over the FE fun! Please let me know what you need from me and if anyone want to be kind enough to fill me in a bit on how this works, I'd be grateful!
Newbie Mom in Iowa

Welcome to our boards. Happy to see some more activity!

OK, Fair warning, this girl tends to go "overboard" on things like stockings, baskets and NOW FE's! I was not trying to make anyone uncomfortable asking for personal information, but if anyone wants to share any Disney/preference information, I'd be glad to have it :) For instance, I am looking to do some personalized items and would love to know the kids (or mom,dad, grandmas') favorite characters or colors...maybe a shirt size? What is their favorite pastime (dancer, soccer, golf). Also, if there is something your child is allergic to-I'd rather not injure anyone on vacation. :) Are all the adults open to adult beverages? I'm having to hold back on the poor kid who turns 21...I'm trying NOT to scar him permanently.

Dad, Mike:Hockey Player;Character:Goofy
Mom, Tonya: Favorite Princess:Aurora; Favorite Character:Daisy; Favorite Color:Hot Pink and Kelly Green
Megan (19): Favorite Princess: Snow White; Delta Zeta sorority-so, favorite colors are Pink and Kelly Green
Emerson (7): Favorite Princess: Ariel...favorite ANYTHING, Ariel; Favorite Character: Minnie; Favorite Color: Hot Pink/Aqua; She plays soccer and is a dancer. Don't get me started on One Direction.:love:

I'm stupid excited about this, it's about as fun as Christmas!

... I'm stupid excited about this, it's about as fun as Christmas!

That made me laugh Tonya! Fun to hear you are so excited!
I'm checking with my family so will get you some info as soon as I can:wizard:

Seversons - Here ya go:

Chase (12): Favorite Character: Pluto & Mickey Favorite Color: Red Shirt size:Men’s S-M Favorite activity:Football
Beth (Mom):
Favorite Character: Minnie Mouse Favorite Princess:Rapunzel Favorite Color: Light purple Favorite activity:Traveling Adult beverages? Yes!
Chloe (10):
Favorite Character: Minnie Mouse Favorite Princess: Ariel Favorite Color: Neon Green Shirt size: Ladies Small Favorite activity:Arts & Craft, Soccer, Tae Kwon Do
Pam (Mimi):
Favorite Character: Mickey Mouse Favorite Princess: Cinderella Favorite Color: Blue Shirt size: Ladies Medium Favorite activity: Games, puzzles Adult beverages? yes
Brandy (Mom):
Favorite Character: Goofy Favorite Princess: Aurora Favorite Color: Dark Blue
Shirt size: Ladies large Favorite activity: Reading, traveling Adult beverages? Yes

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Dad-fat
Mom-skinny
Kids-normal
Booze-OK :)
Dancing-not in public/only in front of mirror
note: (booze may change ALL descriptors!)

Buying some adult beverage gifts and hoping to see induced mirror dancing in public!
Thanks!
Tonya:laughing:

I have only posted once or twice but I've been a long time "lurker".
My family and I will be on this cruise.
This is my and my husband's second Disney cruise.:cool1:

What is an FE?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter