Disney Dream June 24, 2012 5 Night Bahamian

so whats better for lunch, cabanas or enchanted garden??

Very little, if any difference. Most people seem to go for Cabanas simply because its up on the upper deck and you can look around better.

We used magical express for our Disney Dream cruise in April.
It was great not having to lug more than carry on luggage around, since DCL picked up our luggage at 8am at Saratoga Springs resort.
Plus I was more relaxed not having to drive to the port.
We got to have a couple extra hours of sleep since the bus was not leaving until 12.30p.
That was the main issue, we arrived at port 1.45pm! This was OK for that trip since it we've been on the Dream 3 times, and the port was practically empty. So we walked on and placed our stuff in our cabins and then went up to Cabanas for a very small late lunch at 2pm (dinner was at 5.30pm).

This time DH Byron is coming on his first ever Disney cruise. So we want to get on early 11-11.30am, tour the ship, eat in Enchanted garden, meet as many Disers as possible. We got a good deal on a rental car for $141 total for 9 days.

Congrats on that car rental deal!:drive:

Still trying to work on our rental.....

It's such a fickle industry!:scratchin

so whats better for lunch, cabanas or enchanted garden??
It depends on your preference. I just wanted to try out Enchanted garden for the difference in atmosphere.
The food is the same. They are both buffets.
In Enchanted garden they seat you and bring your drinks to you. There's more room to manouver around your table. Nice for families with younger kids or disabled or elderly family members, in that you have somewhat of a table service with the flexibility of the buffet choice.
Enchanted garden is opened earlier, but is closed by 2p.

Cabanas is noisier, very crowded, sometimes hard to find a clean and vacant table inside. Tables are closer together. It has multiple buffet stations. Some have a much shorter line than others, but not everyone notices. There is a better view outside if you can snag a window seat. I doubt if I want to be eating outside in late June heat, though if you want to eat by the pool, it's easier to carry your food out there.

Brenda

Got my our dos today via USPS!

551780_3158284272166_1117025522_32291122_362545006_n.jpg

Lucky you. I'll be checking my mail when I get home tonight.

Brenda

we got our docs today via usps in AZ, wrong room number of course, but we just cross that out!

Got my cruise documents in the mail today.:cool1:

Brenda

We got our Magical Express tags in the mail today, so I think we have everything now! Getting closer!

My wife and I are going with her side of the family (eleven of us in total)....My wife and I don't have any children....can you recommend any after dinner activities that we can do or see?

Received our cruise documents today :cool1: We are in room 2523 - hope its nice!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter