Disney Dream June 15, 214

Will we get names, ages and sex so we know what goes in what baggie? Also I couldn't find the guidelines on pinterest, do you have that link?
I am thinking my theme, will be some of my favorite things :)

Does everyone dress up for the pirate party? I am so going to! My plan is to buy all this pirate stuff for hubby and give it to him on his bday and then tell him about the trip :)

Not everyone does, but there are those that go all out! There are also areas set up for "official" photographs can be taken if you choose. You will also be given a Pirate Mickey bandana to wear. Ours was left on our bed the morning of. Our Pirate night was rained out and had to be moved indoors, but they did the fireworks the next day. we were able to stay in our room and watch from the balcony which was nice, since all they were doing was the fireworks.

Thanks so much for all the answers!

I am attempting to make my own fe and I saw that 8 inches seems to be standard and there is just the two of us so it won't be so long.

I was thinking one gift for the kids how every many are in the room(one for boys and one for girls) and then one for the parents, like goodie bags of fun Disney themed stuff and I want to make most of it.

I am definitely dressing up for pirate night, so I am looking around after halloween for discounts.

We are planning on flying SW so I am thinking I will check the goodies and I shouldn't have alot of fragile stuff anyways.

Any thing else I am missing?

You can do however you wish on your FE Gifts..there are really no rules to it. We had a couple of special needs kids in our last group and made sure that we took that into consideration. You can also ship to the Port. I know there are size restrictions and I would have to look them up, but I know others have shipped items to the port and they were delivered to their stateroom.

On the FE...we noticed in pictures online, the door hanger area looks wider than it really is...ours was about 8 inches but did not stick out in the hallway . I would definitely stay between 6-8 inches in width. I would however advise to make the pockets kind of deep. Some we saw were very shallow and did not hold very much.

Will we get names, ages and sex so we know what goes in what baggie? Also I couldn't find the guidelines on pinterest, do you have that link?
I am thinking my theme, will be some of my favorite things :)

Yes, we will put together a spreadsheet once we start getting more names, etc. So far, you are the only other response besides us. Which, we are still 9 months away....as for guidleines, they just ask that you don't "attach" anything to the door that is not a magnet. the FE can be pretty much however and whatever you wish. I think I replied on another question I would stay between 6-8 inches wide due to the narrow hallways, you don't want it sticking out to where it will get knocked off the "fish".

Yes, we will put together a spreadsheet once we start getting more names, etc. So far, you are the only other response besides us. Which, we are still 9 months away....as for guidleines, they just ask that you don't "attach" anything to the door that is not a magnet. the FE can be pretty much however and whatever you wish. I think I replied on another question I would stay between 6-8 inches wide due to the narrow hallways, you don't want it sticking out to where it will get knocked off the "fish".

I did read about the magnets, so I am ready for that want to make some porthole decor and a birthday sign for hubby so already on the hunt for good magnets. I was also going to bring zipties to secure the fe.

Great on the list. What kind of ideas have you used for kids with special needs? I want to make sure I know what is best, I want everyone to get something they will love

I did read about the magnets, so I am ready for that want to make some porthole decor and a birthday sign for hubby so already on the hunt for good magnets. I was also going to bring zipties to secure the fe.

Great on the list. What kind of ideas have you used for kids with special needs? I want to make sure I know what is best, I want everyone to get something they will love

The magnets are always a good gift. People really love decorating their stateroom door. We had 3 birthdays in our group on our cruise last time and someone did them the cutest balloon magnets with the name on it in Mickey font....really cute.
For the special needs, it really depends on what type of need they have. We had one and I can't remember exactly what he had, but he could only see by "touch". so we got him a stuffed Mickey and a couple of other little "touchy" items. Just really depends on what the need is.

The magnets are always a good gift. People really love decorating their stateroom door. We had 3 birthdays in our group on our cruise last time and someone did them the cutest balloon magnets with the name on it in Mickey font....really cute.
For the special needs, it really depends on what type of need they have. We had one and I can't remember exactly what he had, but he could only see by "touch". so we got him a stuffed Mickey and a couple of other little "touchy" items. Just really depends on what the need is.

That is a good point, guess I should just work on some photo shop stuff and hold off on creating too much until we know how many people and what the needs are. How long before the trip do we finalize the list?

That is a good point, guess I should just work on some photo shop stuff and hold off on creating too much until we know how many people and what the needs are. How long before the trip do we finalize the list?

I think on our last cruise the deadline was set the month before we set sail. That way everyone had enough time to finalize their gifts or pick up a few more. We also had a couple of groups join AFTER the deadline because they said they didnt know about the list/group, etc. Since there were only 3-4 groups added after, everyone agreed to let them join. Just something we'll have to play by ear, so to speak. I am the type of personality that would rather have too much than not enough, so we had bought a little more than the list had at the deadline just in case....so it worked out great for us. We bought more for that trip, and are planning to "make" more this one. There are so many endless possibilities that can be made. especially if you are a crafty person. I don't consider myself a Craft expert, but I can be crafty when i have an idea....lol....again, you will see some people go all out on their gifts and others not so much. pirate:

I think on our last cruise the deadline was set the month before we set sail. That way everyone had enough time to finalize their gifts or pick up a few more. We also had a couple of groups join AFTER the deadline because they said they didnt know about the list/group, etc. Since there were only 3-4 groups added after, everyone agreed to let them join. Just something we'll have to play by ear, so to speak. I am the type of personality that would rather have too much than not enough, so we had bought a little more than the list had at the deadline just in case....so it worked out great for us. We bought more for that trip, and are planning to "make" more this one. There are so many endless possibilities that can be made. especially if you are a crafty person. I don't consider myself a Craft expert, but I can be crafty when i have an idea....lol....again, you will see some people go all out on their gifts and others not so much. pirate:

Ok, I keep trying to limit myself cause I want to do everything, lol! I consider myself pretty crafty too, so I am making alot but trying not to go overboard and spend our whole vacation fund on gifts, lol! I am a giver:flower3:

So I will plan a few extras.

do we get alot of toddlers? I am not too sure what is great for them

Ok, I keep trying to limit myself cause I want to do everything, lol! I consider myself pretty crafty too, so I am making alot but trying not to go overboard and spend our whole vacation fund on gifts, lol! I am a giver:flower3:

So I will plan a few extras.

do we get alot of toddlers? I am not too sure what is great for them

Lol...that's how I am too...I love giving...we did have quite a few under 3 in our last group...we just went to the Dollar store and got books for their age and then we gave them stuffed Mickey/Minnie, and I think some bubbles...

seems like a good group to be in :)

I had thought about pacifier clips or crayons and coloring books but still kinda at a loss. Guess I will just have to wait and see how old everyone is. I am a Disney nut so I know I would love the stuff I am going to give out, just hope everyone else does :scared:

seems like a good group to be in :)

I had thought about pacifier clips or crayons and coloring books but still kinda at a loss. Guess I will just have to wait and see how old everyone is. I am a Disney nut so I know I would love the stuff I am going to give out, just hope everyone else does :scared:

LOL...most everyone raves on the items they get....I know that a lot of people tend to "not like" the "PINATA" candy/toys....that little mix of party candy that noone really likes!! lol...While we did try to stick to the "Disney" theme, some of our items we gave were of local culture....we're from Louisiana so we gave some Mardi Gras beads and cups.....

LOL...most everyone raves on the items they get....I know that a lot of people tend to "not like" the "PINATA" candy/toys....that little mix of party candy that noone really likes!! lol...While we did try to stick to the "Disney" theme, some of our items we gave were of local culture....we're from Louisiana so we gave some Mardi Gras beads and cups.....

Yeah I agree with the pinata candy, but I did see some awesome monsters university candy that I thought would be cute. I just want to be unique, I saw some things on pinterest where like 10 people all made the same thing. I don't want to inundate people with 300 brown bag scrapbooks (which was something I did want to do until I saw that.) I am just going to stick to awesome Disney stuff and hope it works for everyone. Already started on some things :) Just can't wait until I can tell hubby all I have planned :laughing:

Yeah I agree with the pinata candy, but I did see some awesome monsters university candy that I thought would be cute. I just want to be unique, I saw some things on pinterest where like 10 people all made the same thing. I don't want to inundate people with 300 brown bag scrapbooks (which was something I did want to do until I saw that.) I am just going to stick to awesome Disney stuff and hope it works for everyone. Already started on some things :) Just can't wait until I can tell hubby all I have planned :laughing:

LOL..we are the same way....we have seen so many people post the same gifts albeit a little difference in them, but the same either way...One of the cutest things we got were the personalized book marks and door magnets....there are so many different options with those and they don't cost a lot to make.....good luck....9 months to go!!!!!!:yay:

LOL..we are the same way....we have seen so many people post the same gifts albeit a little difference in them, but the same either way...One of the cutest things we got were the personalized book marks and door magnets....there are so many different options with those and they don't cost a lot to make.....good luck....9 months to go!!!!!!:yay:

:goodvibes:jumping1:

The hard part is trying to hide a fish extender while I make it! :laughing:

I had thought about book marks, I am a book worm, so I know I would love them. Just making things about Disney I love and hoping all my disney cruisers will love them too!

So I do have some first timer questions if you could help.
How does the dining work and if you plan excursions (wanting to do atlantis and the snorkeling at castaway cay) how do you go about all that? So lost and can only research online, so as not to get caught:scared1:

:goodvibes:jumping1:

The hard part is trying to hide a fish extender while I make it! :laughing:

I had thought about book marks, I am a book worm, so I know I would love them. Just making things about Disney I love and hoping all my disney cruisers will love them too!

So I do have some first timer questions if you could help.
How does the dining work and if you plan excursions (wanting to do atlantis and the snorkeling at castaway cay) how do you go about all that? So lost and can only research online, so as not to get caught:scared1:

The dining is done in a rotation, a different restaurant each night, you should get a "ticket" upon check in that will have your rotation on it. you will have the same waiters each night as well as possibly be seated with another group....we were lucky and got to sit with a family that was from our state! We live in North Louisiana and they lived in New Orleans....they were pretty fun! Mom, dad and teenage daughter that had just graduated...my nephew's girlfriend who was with us had just graduated too, so they hit it off immediately and i think hung out....the food was always good and if you order something and you don't like it, they will bring you something else...my nephew will try anything and did....lol....the more "open" and "playful" you are the more fun the waiters can be too! we had fun with them every night!

as for the excursions, you can only book them once your package is paid off and then there MAY be a certain window...( i'm not too sure- I'll have to check) but you can do that all online....we didnt do Atlantis because we just could not justify the expense of it.....CASTAWAY CAY in one word AWESOME! we had storms the night before sailing to it, had a great day and then towards the end, the rains came back...but it was nice just the same...food was great!

dont hesitate to ask any questions, we are by no means experts but we have many friends who have taken 10+ cruises and can find out!!! lol

We just got back from Paris and one word... AMAZING! I know people say it isn't as good as other parks but we had a blast.

So now on to Disney Cruise! Have you been to Palo? Is it worth it for the first trip or should we try all the other restaurants and save that for next trip?

We have to do Atlantis cause that is where hubby really wanted to go and I decided to add my own twist with the DCL, so we will check it out.

So excited!! Still trying to get fun ideas for our FE gifts::yes::

We just got back from Paris and one word... AMAZING! I know people say it isn't as good as other parks but we had a blast.

So now on to Disney Cruise! Have you been to Palo? Is it worth it for the first trip or should we try all the other restaurants and save that for next trip?

We have to do Atlantis cause that is where hubby really wanted to go and I decided to add my own twist with the DCL, so we will check it out.

So excited!! Still trying to get fun ideas for our FE gifts::yes::

We have not done PALO, but it really isn't our kind of deal....but for a couple, it would probably be the most romantic, kid free zone.....my nephew so wanted to do Atlantis, but we could not justify the expense and the other 2 in our group didnt care for it either, so he relented....BUT was actually glad he did because when we got off the ship in Nassau, there were 2 other ships in port at the exact same time....and you should have seen the lines JUST going to Atlantis.....so, we figured, it would waste our time standing in lines there......we just walked the shops on the main street and went to Senor~ Frogs...that was a BLAST!

Since this is our last trip before we buy a house and talk babies, I guess I might take advantage of Palo. Just don't want to miss a good night on the dining, is there some better than others restaurant wise.

And for Atlantis :idea: I guess I will just have to chance it because once the babies come, no water parks for a while :)

Thanks so much

This is a weird question but if I bought my own decor would they decorate the room for hubby's bday or do they only do the small package I saw on DCL website? Figured I would ask

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter