Disney Dream June 15, 214

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

Hi guys!!! I am excited to get this Fish Extender group started!!! Please post your cabin number, names & ages (& boy or girl). Also, if you would, let us know if you have a special occasion. You might also include favorite characters, too. Also, if your child has special needs, we may need to know that too!

I will also create a Facebook page tonight when I get off work! FYI!

Hi, this will be our first cruise, we don't have kids but we LOVE Disney. Got proposed to in front of Rapunzel at Disneyland and celebrated our 1 year Anniversary at Disney. Heading to Disneyland Paris for my birthday next year! I am planning this cruise for my hubby's 30th. His bday is the day before the cruise. I would love to do the Fish Extenders, but I am a bit clueless on this one. How does it work and can we participate. Our room will be 9101. Can't wait!!!! :jumping1:

btw, our names are Kris & Kris.
We love Figment, Mickey, Stitch, Tangled of course and the haunted mansion
Looking forward to Pirate night!!

Hi, this will be our first cruise, we don't have kids but we LOVE Disney. Got proposed to in front of Rapunzel at Disneyland and celebrated our 1 year Anniversary at Disney. Heading to Disneyland Paris for my birthday next year! I am planning this cruise for my hubby's 30th. His bday is the day before the cruise. I would love to do the Fish Extenders, but I am a bit clueless on this one. How does it work and can we participate. Our room will be 9101. Can't wait!!!! :jumping1:

Oh, it is really a lot of fun! (disneynut4u is my sister) we went on our first one this past May and LOVED IT! There is just enough "Disney" but not constantly in your face Disney! The Fish Extenders (FE) are a lot of work, but believe me, it was a TON OF FUN coming back to your room and seeing all the goodies in your bag! When we went, there were 5 of us (all adults, albeit 2 of the 5 were 18 & 19 y/o) but we absolutely had fun! Got a lot of really cool items too! We are going to put together a spreadsheet to keep everyone's info together so when you are working on gifts, you will know who, how many, ages, likes, etc...the gifts can be whatever you want them to be. Some people go all out, and others not so much. Keep in mind, the FE hangs outside the stateroom door and some of the pockets are not very big or deep. we found we were sitting some items on the floor at the door. if you go on Pinterest and type in Disney fish extender gifts, you will get a lot of neat ideas and examples. it is pretty much open to whatever you want to do. you can hit the dollar bins at your local stores or dollar stores and add Disney Stickers, pretty much whatever you want to do! I know some parents complain about getting the "Pinata" goodies that are just rinky dink toys that kids could swallow. Also, another good idea is include some type of something from your area. We got a Canadian pencil from one family, a fossilized alligator jaw (small) one from another family. You can gift for everyone in the room, or just do one room gift for everyone, it is up to you. A lot of people gave homemade craft goods that we love and use every day! bookmarks, magnets, etc. Also, most people would put a label on the back of their items telling who it was from, ex: John and Jane Doe & family, room 1800, New York, NY...but again, that is entirely up to you. it was just neat seeing where everyone was from. if you have any other questions, do not hesitate one bit to ask....no such thing as a dumb question....can't wait to cruise!!!!:firefight:woohoo:

Got you on our list, RapunzelFloyd! Check out the FB page & I will post a chart there for easy reference at some point! Thanks for joining!:wave2:

Thanks, so much, I will check Pinterest. I would love if hubby got fun stuff for his bday, great idea about gifts from where you are from.

I don't have facebook, is that ok, will there be another why to check out the info?

Thanks, so much, I will check Pinterest. I would love if hubby got fun stuff for his bday, great idea about gifts from where you are from.

I don't have facebook, is that ok, will there be another why to check out the info?

that's fine. we can probably add it on here or email it to everyone. One thing you will notice on the cruise, while there are a LOT of families on board, there are just as many adults only group as well! You will LOVE Castaway Cay and the adult only beach! it is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

The evening shows on board are not to be missed! Villains Tonight is our favorite! great performances all around and the movie theater on board is nice as well....my nephew and his girlfriend went one night, and it was a newly released movie, just cant remember the name.

Another thing to mention, on the "sail away" party, avoid the pool area at all cost! this is where all the families go. we went up to the top deck and toward the back....also, people have brought flags of their country, their favorite team etc to hold up when we sail off. The area in port at Canaveral has several restaurants and then the jetty just before we get out to sea, there are usually people lined up to watch the ships leave. There is also a web cam on a restaurant there that family back home can watch you "sail away"...our mom watched and saw us...we had an LSU flag. I think the webcam site is portcanaveralwebcam.com ; there are usually a couple of different ships in port on different days, some days there are 3...

each night, you should receive what they call the "Navigator" on your bed at turndown, this will list any activities going on the next day. a lot of the clubs have different games with prizes and such...we did 80's Music trivia and tv show trivia. it is a lot of fun!

hope this info helps and if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

that's fine. we can probably add it on here or email it to everyone. One thing you will notice on the cruise, while there are a LOT of families on board, there are just as many adults only group as well! You will LOVE Castaway Cay and the adult only beach! it is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

The evening shows on board are not to be missed! Villains Tonight is our favorite! great performances all around and the movie theater on board is nice as well....my nephew and his girlfriend went one night, and it was a newly released movie, just cant remember the name.

Another thing to mention, on the "sail away" party, avoid the pool area at all cost! this is where all the families go. we went up to the top deck and toward the back....also, people have brought flags of their country, their favorite team etc to hold up when we sail off. The area in port at Canaveral has several restaurants and then the jetty just before we get out to sea, there are usually people lined up to watch the ships leave. There is also a web cam on a restaurant there that family back home can watch you "sail away"...our mom watched and saw us...we had an LSU flag. I think the webcam site is portcanaveralwebcam.com ; there are usually a couple of different ships in port on different days, some days there are 3...

each night, you should receive what they call the "Navigator" on your bed at turndown, this will list any activities going on the next day. a lot of the clubs have different games with prizes and such...we did 80's Music trivia and tv show trivia. it is a lot of fun!

hope this info helps and if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks so much, was really looking forward to the villians show already, but now I am super excited. Think I will bring our Rapunzel Flag from Disney on ice, perfect for us.
Now I just need to figure out how to make my fish extender and hide all this from hubby until June, eek!!
I love the idea of people getting to watch us set off and all the people that are "grown up" but still want to play with the fish extenders.
I saw some cute stuff on pinterest, checked it out per the reccommendation, awesome!!!
Just a heads up, we don't drink though. Even though we saw Awesome Cinderella themed crown royal fe gifts :)

Does everyone dress up for the pirate party? I am so going to! My plan is to buy all this pirate stuff for hubby and give it to him on his bday and then tell him about the trip :)

So how does the fish extender gift giving work per se? Do we each have a day we do gifts, do we do one every day? Do we have specific people in the group we gift to? Still getting the hang of it but I am getting a good idea. Also I know magnets only for doors. But are there any other guidelines or restrictions? Thanks :hyper:

Lol, I know I am FULL of questions:confused3
But I have one more, just excited, I guess. First surprise vacation I have planned.
I know it varies, but on average how many people are we buying for and does anyone do something different for the adults in the family, I want to include everyone. I already want to start making and picking up stuff, so trying to be creative :artist:

Thanks

Does everyone dress up for the pirate party? I am so going to! My plan is to buy all this pirate stuff for hubby and give it to him on his bday and then tell him about the trip :)

A lot of people dress for Pirate's Night. The crew even puts up a photo area for pictures. We didn't last time, but plan to next year. When you get back to your cabin the night before, you will find pirate bandanas in your room, also! These are cute!

So how does the fish extender gift giving work per se? Do we each have a day we do gifts, do we do one every day? Do we have specific people in the group we gift to? Still getting the hang of it but I am getting a good idea. Also I know magnets only for doors. But are there any other guidelines or restrictions? Thanks :hyper:

Most people gift out their gifts daily. We did ours at night, before we went to bed. It was very time consuming. We are considering giving out gifts on the 2nd & 4th night, just so we don't have to do it EVERY night. I know that on our last cruise, some mentioned doing it only 1 time.

We plan on gifts for each person, for each night. We just haven't decided how we want to hand them out. Different people did it different ways - some at night, some during the day, all at once, or spread out each night.

All I can really say is how much fun it was coming back to our cabin and finding gifts. We were like kids at Christmas!! It was so much fun!!!pirate:

I forgot to tell you the rest! Unless there is a huge group, you would give to everyone on the list. I have seen some where there were 100 cabins on the list and they divided them up. So that will depend on how many we get signed up.

You are right about the magnets. Guidelines for the FE size can be found on Pinterest. I believe 8 inches wide is the right size. We forgot the dimensions and made ours a little too wide. It hung out a little wider than the space allowed.

Lol, I know I am FULL of questions:confused3
But I have one more, just excited, I guess. First surprise vacation I have planned.
I know it varies, but on average how many people are we buying for and does anyone do something different for the adults in the family, I want to include everyone. I already want to start making and picking up stuff, so trying to be creative :artist:

Thanks

It does vary with each group! Last time, we had 44 adults and I think about 50 kids. Most people did do something for each person in the room, but we do know that some only did 1 gift per cabin. We did something different according to the age - adult or age of child. Some things we/they made, others were store bought. The 1 thing per cabin could work if you know it is a single family, but like in our case, we had 2 different families in our room. My son, my sister, and me plus his girlfriend and her mother shared a cabin. We just made a decision who got the cabin gift for that day. We also paid attention to who had celebrations or who was 'special needs'. That can make a difference, too.

I think the most important thing is to have fun and not let it overwhelm you. Also, we drove, so we didn't have much issue with how to get our gifts down there. Next time, we are flying, so we are keeping in mind how to get it to the ship with minimal damage! Some people ship their gifts. There are specific dimensions for that as well somewhere.

Thanks so much for all the answers!

I am attempting to make my own fe and I saw that 8 inches seems to be standard and there is just the two of us so it won't be so long.

I was thinking one gift for the kids how every many are in the room(one for boys and one for girls) and then one for the parents, like goodie bags of fun Disney themed stuff and I want to make most of it.

I am definitely dressing up for pirate night, so I am looking around after halloween for discounts.

We are planning on flying SW so I am thinking I will check the goodies and I shouldn't have alot of fragile stuff anyways.

Any thing else I am missing?

sounds good to me! We have also started with our gifts already. We are working on a theme for our FE. Last time, we did a pirate theme. Not sure what we're gonna do for next year. Have fun with it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter