Disney Dream - June 12, 2011

Just think everyone. Two weeks from today we will all be getting ready to head to the Port!!!!:woohoo::woohoo: I hope I'm packed by then!(LOL) Going to try to start packing today and throughout the week, but there are some of my clothes that I plan on bringing that I wear to work, so some things will need to wait until last minute. I guess I'l be frantically trying to finish packing the Thursday night before we leave.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend. (I work on Monday, so not a long weekend for me.)

I have most everything gathered and things are going IN the suitcases today! We leave in just 5 days. I know it is going to go so fast. The excitement level in the house is really starting to build as we make those final preparations.

Hellllo Fellow Cruisers!! :banana:

Bill, this is aweful that you don't have all your paperwork! Could they have sent them to a different address? Or COULD you send them to a different address? You are not getting them at home, can you send them to the office instead?? :wizard: Pixie dust that all 3 sets show up out of nowhere!!!

Kristi, we had thought about taking the Auto Train one year...but we could drive there much faster. We like being on our own schedule, but it might be nice to try one time!

Well, yesterday the boys I did a bunch of yard work....Colton cut grass, Connor trimmed and I started with the power washer. We washed the patio, deck, deck furniture, porch swing, the entire driveway, sidewalk and steps. Needless to say, today we are beat! I have been doing wash, but no desire to do anything else! I need to go to Kroger too....at some point! LOL Tomorrow we'll get out the suitcases!!

I have a question that I don't know the answer to! Steve's aunt askes....If I buy a bottle of booze on the ship, can I drink it on the ship? For what I have found...it says that No, you can't...but that thread was also dated 2005...have things changed? If she can't, she'll most likely bring her own, but thought it would be one less thing to pack. Thanks!!

I think me and my Kindle will go out and enjoy the sun!! Got to get my daily dose of Vitamin D, right? LOL

Double Dippin' Sun Soakin' Dreamer....
Michele :cloud9:

Can't believe this time in 2 weeks we will be getting ready to eat our first dinner on the Dream...

I love reading about everyone getting ready, making the travel arrangements, where you're going to stay, when your're getting here etc...now that we live just a few minutes from the port we don't have that headache but I kinda miss it...the only things I have to worry about is the actual packing process which will prob be Friday night/Saturday, dropping the dog off at the kennel, stopping the mail, tell the neighbors, and clean the house before my MIL gets here next Thursday and Dsis (Bashful In TN if you missed it earlier) get here on Sat.

Kristi, we had thought about taking the Auto Train one year...but we could drive there much faster. We like being on our own schedule, but it might be nice to try one time!

That's one of the main things I debated on, whether to drive or not. I always make the drive there by myself. If I had a shared driver, it wouldn't be so bad. I like being on our own schedule, leave when we want, come home when we want, and even stay longer if we want.

This time, I just didn't think I could make that drive. I just want to relax and let someone else do the driving!:woohoo:

I may change my mind about that once we try it, though. I'll have to let ya'll know how it goes.

Even though the drive is tough, I always enjoyed my DD & my time together in the car just chit chatting and all the good talks we have!:hug:

That's one of the main things I debated on, whether to drive or not. I always make the drive there by myself. If I had a shared driver, it wouldn't be so bad. I like being on our own schedule, leave when we want, come home when we want, and even stay longer if we want.

This time, I just didn't think I could make that drive. I just want to relax and let someone else do the driving!:woohoo:

I may change my mind about that once we try it, though. I'll have to let ya'll know how it goes.

Even though the drive is tough, I always enjoyed my DD & my time together in the car just chit chatting and all the good talks we have!:hug:

Just my opinion, but I think you will like the train. Of course the middle of the night leave time has to be something you want to do. I am a night person so this sounds fine to me! I do have a friend who took the Auto train from DC to Orlando but with young kids...who ended up being motion sick the whole night. She had to stay up with a sick kid and was exhausted for the first two days of the vacation. So neither of you get car sick do you? I think the fact that you won't have to stay up and drive will make you arrive so much more rested. It's tough to be the only driver! I have driven 500 miles to Chicago from Pittsburgh area by myself, and it just makes you so tired the next day!

I hope you like the train trip!:goodvibes

Irene

It's a tough drive for me too from Louisiana. My DD does not drive so I will be the only driver. (In the past, my husband and I shared the drive, but since he passed away, I'm the sole driver.) We will be breaking the drive up into 2 days, arriving at Port Canaveral on Saturday before the cruise. I too enjoy the drive with my DD and spending the time together. We will also be spending the day at Downtown Disney on the day that we return from the cruise, spending the night and then beginning the drive home the next day. Hope you enjoy letting Amtrak do the driving. I've always wanted to take a train trip, but never have.

It's a tough drive for me too from Louisiana. My DD does not drive so I will be the only driver. (In the past, my husband and I shared the drive, but since he passed away, I'm the sole driver.) We will be breaking the drive up into 2 days, arriving at Port Canaveral on Saturday before the cruise. I too enjoy the drive with my DD and spending the time together. We will also be spending the day at Downtown Disney on the day that we return from the cruise, spending the night and then beginning the drive home the next day. Hope you enjoy letting Amtrak do the driving. I've always wanted to take a train trip, but never have.

Tammy, good luck with your drive!:)
It is always better when you can divide the trip into two days. Will you be in on one of those pre meets at a hotel the night before? I'm jealous! But hopefully I will find everyone on Deck 13 on the first day. I just spent 20 minutes looking at pictures from our first cruise for one I want to post. I still want to do that even though I'm about 20 pages late in this thread! :rotfl:

Hi Leilani,,,, keep on posting. We only have a few days left. Rose, keep me company, too. It is 2:41 AM and I have been asleep for a few hours, now awake. Anxious about getting ready to go on the trip. Too much work , too little time.
Bill

Tammy, good luck with your drive!:)
It is always better when you can divide the trip into two days. Will you be in on one of those pre meets at a hotel the night before? I'm jealous! But hopefully I will find everyone on Deck 13 on the first day. I just spent 20 minutes looking at pictures from our first cruise for one I want to post. I still want to do that even though I'm about 20 pages late in this thread! :rotfl:

Thanks Irene. Yes, we will be at the pre-meet at the Radisson the night before. But we will also be at the meet on Deck 13 at 3pm on the first day, and also am participating in the Room Tour on our Sea Day. Looking forward to meeting everyone that I have been "talking" to for the last 18 months!

I have a question that I don't know the answer to! Steve's aunt askes....If I buy a bottle of booze on the ship, can I drink it on the ship? For what I have found...it says that No, you can't...but that thread was also dated 2005...have things changed? If she can't, she'll most likely bring her own, but thought it would be one less thing to pack. Thanks!!

My understanding is that anything that is bought on the cruise will be held for you until the end of the cruise. So, no, you can not drink what you buy on the cruise unless it is the wine that they uncork and pour for you. I'm planning to bring on wine.

Yesterday was very productive. I finished all of the FE gifts and the FE. Today, I will get our shirts and magnets made. I got my bag packed, but now I need to go back through it and try to eliminate some of it. I always overpack.

I am so ready for the cruise. Can not wait to get on the ship. We still need to print a couple of magnets and then pack. Finally made the decision of our stopping point for Thursday as we drive in.

It is getting closer....woo-hoo! I found a great deal on sunscreen yesterday and was so excited! (It doesn't take much.) When I was at Krogers, I saw that they had Bullfrog on sale for buy one, get one free. The 50SPF sprays also had a trial size face sunscreen attached. As I was digging through the shelf to get two, I noticed that some of the sunscreens in the back had $1.00 off coupons attached! I grabbed two coupons then grabbed two sunscreens with the face sunscreen. I got two spray cans of Bullfrog and two smalll tubes of face sunscreen for about $8! That should take care of my pasty-white family when we are at CC! :rotfl2::laughing:

Okay, I will take another crack at it. I am going to try and do another trip report. I've got it started, you can read it here!

Schools out for summer!!!!!!:music::rockband:
We had a huge turnout for our "Graduation" from our Special Needs Preschool Program. We had 16 graduates and every student had someone there. 2 had just 1 parent, but several had 6 to 9 extra people with them. It was so special, but stressful as each parent wanted to speak to me and take pictures. It was hard not to cry when they were crying and thanking me for coming into their child's life:teacher: To think, after all the stress the last month or so I was thinking about early retirement. After the comments made by the parents, I was reminded why I do what I do:lovestruc Friday was the last day and was bittersweet. It was very hard to say goodbye to my little buddy who has terminal brain cancer. The doctors are not sure he will still be here to start Kindergarten in the fall. Tears were flowing. I will see him again this week as I made a photo book for his mom and will be meeting with them to give them their memory book.
Now I can finish my FE gifts (I think I went a bit overboard, but am having fun!) and start packing the things I have been throwing in our cruise box. We leave on June 10th. I have had the oil changed, brakes checked, tires rotated, front right wheel bearing housing (?) changed, new headlight put in, and new wiper blades installed. So now once I clean out, vacuum, wash and gas it up, the van is ready to go! Dogs have had their updated shots and I bought an extra bag of their food for the kennel. We have our documents and tags, so I just need to print out the forms from online. I found a neighbor girl who will give the twice daily pills to our 20 year old cat (whew!) and stocked up on cat food for the 4 cats:upsidedow
The one area I am very behind in is making our shirts and magnets. I work Tues and Wednesday and then we have a swim meet on Thursday, so Friday looks like t-shirt day!
I am looking forward to meeting everyone, first at the Radisson meet and then the Dis meet before the muster drill!
Happy Memorial Day! A special thanks to disgrits husband Rob for serving our country in the Marine Corp. Thanks to all of our servicemen and women who serve our country and protect our freedom. My family and I are forever indebted!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hellllo Fellow Cruisers!! :banana:

Bill, this is aweful that you don't have all your paperwork! Could they have sent them to a different address? Or COULD you send them to a different address? You are not getting them at home, can you send them to the office instead?? :wizard: Pixie dust that all 3 sets show up out of nowhere!!!

Well, yesterday the boys I did a bunch of yard work....Colton cut grass, Connor trimmed and I started with the power washer. We washed the patio, deck, deck furniture, porch swing, the entire driveway, sidewalk and steps. Needless to say, today we are beat! I have been doing wash, but no desire to do anything else! I need to go to Kroger too....at some point! LOL Tomorrow we'll get out the suitcases!!

I think me and my Kindle will go out and enjoy the sun!! Got to get my daily dose of Vitamin D, right? LOL

I believe that they will hold the alcohol you buy onboard or while at a port until you disembark.
But I know that you can bring your own bottles onboard when you first board as long as they are in your carry on bag.
It is more to pack but cheaper.
We usually stop enroute and pick up perhaps just a bottle of wine and maybe one bottle of rum or vodka.

Hi Leilani,,,, keep on posting. We only have a few days left. Rose, keep me company, too. It is 2:41 AM and I have been asleep for a few hours, now awake. Anxious about getting ready to go on the trip. Too much work , too little time.
Bill

I'm here:thumbsup2
We seem to have a few consistent posters here to keep you company.
We're probably the ones not doing our chores at home in favor of Dising and FB and such...... or perhaps that's just me;):rotfl:

I should be out weeding or something but I'm in here on my puter:surfweb:
catching up and learning French with Rosetta Stone, my son is downstairs learning Japanese.

We'll be the ones you recognize on the cruise by the whiteness of our skin from not being exposed to any light but from indoors:rotfl:

It is getting closer....woo-hoo! I found a great deal on sunscreen yesterday and was so excited! (It doesn't take much.) When I was at Krogers, I saw that they had Bullfrog on sale for buy one, get one free. The 50SPF sprays also had a trial size face sunscreen attached. As I was digging through the shelf to get two, I noticed that some of the sunscreens in the back had $1.00 off coupons attached! I grabbed two coupons then grabbed two sunscreens with the face sunscreen. I got two spray cans of Bullfrog and two smalll tubes of face sunscreen for about $8! That should take care of my pasty-white family when we are at CC! :rotfl2::laughing:

Good deal!:thumbsup2

Schools out for summer!!!!!!:music::rockband:
We had a huge turnout for our "Graduation" from our Special Needs Preschool Program. We had 16 graduates and every student had someone there. 2 had just 1 parent, but several had 6 to 9 extra people with them. It was so special, but stressful as each parent wanted to speak to me and take pictures. It was hard not to cry when they were crying and thanking me for coming into their child's life:teacher: To think, after all the stress the last month or so I was thinking about early retirement. After the comments made by the parents, I was reminded why I do what I do:lovestruc

Wonderful!:goodvibes:grouphug:

Friday was the last day and was bittersweet. It was very hard to say goodbye to my little buddy who has terminal brain cancer. The doctors are not sure he will still be here to start Kindergarten in the fall. Tears were flowing. I will see him again this week as I made a photo book for his mom and will be meeting with them to give them their memory book.

That is so sad, but it is so nice of you to make that book for him, there will be lots of tears that day too.:hug:

Now I can finish my FE gifts (I think I went a bit overboard, but am having fun!) and start packing the things I have been throwing in our cruise box. We leave on June 10th. I have had the oil changed, brakes checked, tires rotated, front right wheel bearing housing (?) changed, new headlight put in, and new wiper blades installed. So now once I clean out, vacuum, wash and gas it up, the van is ready to go! Dogs have had their updated shots and I bought an extra bag of their food for the kennel. We have our documents and tags, so I just need to print out the forms from online. I found a neighbor girl who will give the twice daily pills to our 20 year old cat (whew!) and stocked up on cat food for the 4 cats:upsidedow
The one area I am very behind in is making our shirts and magnets. I work Tues and Wednesday and then we have a swim meet on Thursday, so Friday looks like t-shirt day!

Wow, you're really in full swing! Good job!:thumbsup2
I am looking forward to meeting everyone, first at the Radisson meet and then the Dis meet before the muster drill!
Happy Memorial Day! A special thanks to disgrits husband Rob for serving our country in the Marine Corp. Thanks to all of our servicemen and women who serve our country and protect our freedom. My family and I are forever indebted!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Ditto!
Absolutely!
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter