Disney Dream - June 12, 2011

I thought about doing the 5K but.. well.. my walking plans didn't work out quite the way I'd hoped. I think I walked twice :rolleyes1 One of these days I'll do the 5K but don't think I'll make it thise time.

Told my husband this morning that we need to finish up the shopping this weekend (shirts for him, water shoes for everyone). We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow so I'll pull out the suitcases next weekend and figure out how we're going to pack everything. I think we're going to end up with a suitcase just for non-clothes stuff! At lease we're flying down on Southwest so bags fly free.

Not sure how much I'll be around this weekend. Hope everyone has a safe & fun Memorial Day! :goodvibes

I'm so impressed with how much everyone is getting accomplished! I don't think I'll be in full cruise mode until next week. Today is DD's last day of school and then this weekend we're having a surprise 40th anniversary party for my parents so there has been LOTS of planning and last-minute errands for that. After that's over though, I can go into full-on planning mode for vacation. Woohoo! :cool1:

Have a good holiday weekend, everyone. Stay safe!

This weekend is full cruise prep/packing mode and WDW planning. I'm trying to decide about getting a touring plan and/or an app.

:scared1: Good luck to all in your prep.

Good Evening Fellow Cruisers!! :banana:

I guess we won't be gone for 20 days...but more like 15! Still a long time!! and yes, I am truely blessed!! More than I would have EVER imagined!!! :love:

:cool1:

We have not used a credit card in 5 years...as part of our debt reduction plan. Although, I think Steve is wanting to use our Disney Visa for this trip. 2 reasons, first, to accumulate the rewards for the next trip and two, to keep a good total of what we are spending. We have the cash and would pay it off upon return. But I don't know! After not using one for so long, it's almost daunting....scary.... I don't EVER want to get there again!! :scared1: Oh, and by using it to book the next cruise, we get an extra $50 OBC. :thumbsup2 So, we'll see....

I've been there, and now I'm back there again:headache: so I know what you mean.

I bought a few pairs of shorts today! And it was SO painless! Ya'll know what I mean!! I walked into JCPenneys, tried on 4 pair and they all fit and look good! Went right to the check out...everything was on sale AND I had a coupon! It was a goooooood day!! :woohoo:

:thumbsup2

Tomorrow the dogs are going to the vet for check ups and boosters, then another trip to walmart for last minute goodies. I told the boys this weekend we'll drag out the suitcases and pack what we don't need during the week. I know I printed off a list...hhmmm...where DID I put that?? :sad2:

I just put the mail on hold and tried to do the paper, but was unsuccessful. Might just have to call them. Talked to the neighbor who will come and just check on the house since we'll be gone for so long. I haven't bought any outside plants so no worries about needing watered! I have hired a boy to cut grass for us too! I'm starting to think I am in better shape than I thought! :surfweb:

Ok...off to paint my nails. Wouldn't it just figure...2 weeks before vacation and I break 3 nails! I don't have artificial ones, nor do I want them, and usually, I don't have issues with them breaking! Oh well....they'll be short and neat this time!

Double Dippin' Raindrop Dodgin' Dreamer.....
Michele :cloud9:

ps....about 182 hours until we leave!! YIKES!!!! I don't know if that's enough time to get ready!!! But by-golly, I WILL BE!!!! LOL!!!

I love how you keep changing your name at the end:rotfl:

I have been thinking about this lately..how sad it's going to be to leave the cruise ship. We also don't have any vacations planned right now, and probably won't till DD graduates. We will probably be going on a mission trip next year to Mexico. Last year we went to Peru.

That's what I'm doing tomorrow also, taking the dog for shots and nail cutting. Gotta get him ready to go to the sitter, aka Grandma.

182 hours?? I've hardly done anything to get ready. I DID get all my paperwork together. I really don't want to forget anything!!! Have passport, check-in paper, and cruise booklet. Is that all we need?????

FE is done, and now I'm trying to figure out how to pack it: carry on or luggage. I don't want anything sqooshed (sp??).

DD's clothes are washed & ready to be packed.
Me? I haven't really shopped for my clothes. Probably will do that at the last minute...like next weekend.

Had another weigh in today, total pounds lost.....31!!!!:banana:
I am wondering how much I'll gain on the cruise. Hoping to get a little exercise in sometime, and was thinking of doing the Castaway 5K. My DD does not want to do it. I don't recall any of us planning to do it, but if anyone is, please post, and maybe we can plan to meet up for that.

That's great!:thumbsup2
***********, what is your name?

I'm so impressed with how much everyone is getting accomplished! I don't think I'll be in full cruise mode until next week. Today is DD's last day of school and then this weekend we're having a surprise 40th anniversary party for my parents so there has been LOTS of planning and last-minute errands for that. After that's over though, I can go into full-on planning mode for vacation. Woohoo! :cool1:

Have a good holiday weekend, everyone. Stay safe!

Congratulations to your parents! :love: Have a great party:goodvibes

This weekend is full cruise prep/packing mode and WDW planning. I'm trying to decide about getting a touring plan and/or an app.

:scared1: Good luck to all in your prep.

I got both Teresa and I probably don't even need them both (actually I got 2 apps and the touring plan) but I got excited:rotfl:

Hope this finds everyone in good health and I pray that all those impacted by these recent storms are safe.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend, god bless our military men and women!!:grouphug::grouphug:

Well,,,, I still don't have my luggage tags. I called the cruise line on Wednesday and told them my story of my previous call. It was kinda like "what"? I am not sure they believed me and why was I calling back. They called the "doc" department and relayed the message that they would send out my tags again. My take,,, sorry I bothered you. I was told that I could get tags at the airport when I arrived. How about that,,,,,, I didn't know that. I am not sure I believe it. They would just HAPPEN to be able to print out luggage tags with my room number and my room name for the cruise in a few days at any time upon my arrival. Why is it that I have NEVER heard this before after 10 cruises. And just WHO does this? do I run around looking for a cruise line person at the terminal on a Saturday? So,,, let me get this straight,,, they have people at the airport even on days with no ship in port? Ahem,,, one phone call goes a long way. Oh well, they are mailing them after 25 days from original mailing. Hope I get them. No dance today.
Bill

I love how you keep changing your name at the end:rotfl:

I noticed that, too!:laughing:

That's great!:thumbsup2
***********, what is your name?

Kristi

Well, I finally made our definate transportation plans (yeah at the last minute). We are going by Amtrak this time!! I have never been on the Amtrak so I am kinda excited and nervous, too.

Not sure how much I'll get done this weekend, but I am trying to get ready for the trip AND for a little early party for DD's 16th B-Day with family & friends, since we'll be on the cruise on her actual B-Day.

I will prob wait till next weekend to get me a few new clothes, but my DD's shopping is done! But I really can't start packing for her cause she'll be wearing some of her stuff to school.:rolleyes:

Their last day of school is June 7th, then we're having her party AND leaving on the 8th!

:banana::cool1::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Well,,,, I still don't have my luggage tags. I called the cruise line on Wednesday and told them my story of my previous call. It was kinda like "what"? I am not sure they believed me and why was I calling back. They called the "doc" department and relayed the message that they would send out my tags again. My take,,, sorry I bothered you. I was told that I could get tags at the airport when I arrived. How about that,,,,,, I didn't know that. I am not sure I believe it. They would just HAPPEN to be able to print out luggage tags with my room number and my room name for the cruise in a few days at any time upon my arrival. Why is it that I have NEVER heard this before after 10 cruises. And just WHO does this? do I run around looking for a cruise line person at the terminal on a Saturday? So,,, let me get this straight,,, they have people at the airport even on days with no ship in port? Ahem,,, one phone call goes a long way. Oh well, they are mailing them after 25 days from original mailing. Hope I get them. No dance today.
Bill

Gosh Bill, that's awful.:headache:
Better luck this time I thop:wizard:

No banana dance......:sad2::mad::sad2::mad::sad2::mad:

I noticed that, too!:laughing:

Kristi

Well, I finally made our definate transportation plans (yeah at the last minute). We are going by Amtrak this time!! I have never been on the Amtrak so I am kinda excited and nervous, too.

Not sure how much I'll get done this weekend, but I am trying to get ready for the trip AND for a little early party for DD's 16th B-Day with family & friends, since we'll be on the cruise on her actual B-Day.

I will prob wait till next weekend to get me a few new clothes, but my DD's shopping is done! But I really can't start packing for her cause she'll be wearing some of her stuff to school.:rolleyes:

Their last day of school is June 7th, then we're having her party AND leaving on the 8th!

:banana::cool1::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Hi Kristi!
Glad to know your real name for when I see you onboard:goodvibes
Sounds like you'll be quite busy right before you leave home, but
what an awesome birthday for your daughter to be on the Dream:thumbsup2

thanks , Rose. I am a little down. Guess I am a little sad about Marci. You know, we offered to kinda keep an eye on her if she wished. I just feel that a Disney cruise is always beneficial, particularly to someone sick. I just hope she is okay. It always seems like we end up doing medical stuff anyway on the cruises. Noticing a potential melanoma in one of the disboards kids, getting a guy out of CHF who was older and just not anxious to cooperate. You know, it is sooooo much more fun when it is for your friends and not part of "THE JOB".
Maybe a few bananas will help.
:banana::banana:
Bill

thanks , Rose. I am a little down. Guess I am a little sad about Marci. You know, we offered to kinda keep an eye on her if she wished. I just feel that a Disney cruise is always beneficial, particularly to someone sick. I just hope she is okay. It always seems like we end up doing medical stuff anyway on the cruises. Noticing a potential melanoma in one of the disboards kids, getting a guy out of CHF who was older and just not anxious to cooperate. You know, it is sooooo much more fun when it is for your friends and not part of "THE JOB".
Maybe a few bananas will help.
:banana::banana:
Bill

I know:sad2:
Are we really certain that she is not going? I never heard her say so.

I did just post on her FB page that we were all thinking of her:goodvibes

We got our booklet in the mail today. It's getting close....hard to believe how long some of us have been booked.

Amtrak...we looked at that one time...I think when Ansley is older it might be fun for her. I will be anxious to hear how it works out.

We got our booklet in the mail today. It's getting close....hard to believe how long some of us have been booked.

Amtrak...we looked at that one time...I think when Ansley is older it might be fun for her. I will be anxious to hear how it works out.

After factoring the pros & cons of flying vs. Amtrak, for us the Amtrak just seems more convenient.

They do have luggage limit of 3 checked bags per person and 2 carry ons plus a personal item, but there is NO charge for bags (vs. airlines).

You can take food, drinks, snacks etc in a cooler if you'd like, and they will keep the cooler filled with ice for you.

There is no charge for parking at the station (vs. airline).

Bigger seats and more legroom than plane.

Arriving in FL at 10am instead of late in the day, which makes for a whole extra day of vacation time!!!!!

I have always drove there and I just really don't want to make that drive. It's hard to do the whole drive by yourself, there & back.

So the cost of the Amtrak came out to the same as the cost of driving (gas, etc.). So the only extra cost is a rental car, which they have a rental car counter at the station.

The only "con" I can think of is the Amtrak leaves at 1:44am, but we will probably be "too excited to sleep" anyway!!!!

I haven't posted much on this thread, but I have been reading along.

Congrats on all the graduations and celebrations!

3DAN I hope your tags arrive soon. I would be a nervous wreck!

Our suitcases are out and I am starting to throw things in a little at a time. We finished up the last of the shopping today and I am almost done with our FE and gifts. The days before we leave for vacation are always extremely busy at my work so I hope to get all packed next weekend and not have to worry with it during the week.

My 3 year old DS is excited and asks almost daily if we are going to go on "Mickey's boat" today. I am going to make a countdown chain this weekend so he can get a visual of how many days are left until we leave.

I can't wait to meet everyone!

Leilani

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter