Disney Dream - June 12, 2011

Beth,,, thanks,,,, I didn't know. We had planned on being available for Marci if she needed doctors to watch over her. I'll send you a PM.
Bill

Hey there all you lucky Disney Dreamers! Only 23 days till you sail away! My family & friends are going to be waving you off. We will be camping at Jetty Park all the way at the end of the canal. ( on the right side) Look for us. We hope to have a Mickey hand but if not we will have something fun! We want to hear you scream and know that your party has started! We are sailing on the dream but not until Oct. 2nd. Have a wonderful cruise!!!!:dance3:

Cool! Thanks!:thumbsup2

We went to Carowinds today... a small amusement park in charlotte, NC. It was HOT and not air conditioned lines. We can't help but compare it to Disney the whole day, but it was only $25 to get in, so we couldn't complain...just compare. Our daughter did good with the Costumed Characters and the little Snoopy Hoe Down show too. Sidenote: the choreographer was behind the audience doing the moves so the people on stage would know what to do...HAHA. She's 1.5 years old, so we wondered. This was a relief because she should be able to sit through at least 20 minutes or so of the nightly shows. We're pretty stoked that she won't be afraid of Mickey and the characters too.

Next week is DW last week of school and after that...she can spend her days getting us packed and ready. We are definitely read for the cruise.

Steven

Good practice for your daughter:goodvibes
Glad it went well.

Happy Monday everyone! Just think 3 weeks from today we'll be on Castaway Cay :goodvibes

Starting to get busy packing & planning stuff so lurking a bit more than posting lately. I've got that whole excited but stressed thing going. Always get it right before a trip. Do I have everything we need? Are all the plans in place? That type thing. I am quickly reaching the point of - as long as we get on the boat the rest will take care of itself though, LOL.

Hope everyone has a great week!

I finally did some shopping yesterday. I have been dieting (down 15 lbs, woo-hoo!), so I needed shorts in a smaller size. I also needed to get DS some swimming trunks. I work p/t at Gap, so made the hour drive to Gap Outlet where I can also use my employee discount card. I racked up!!!! I definitely need to make that drive again. I will start washing the new stuff and packing today! :banana:

Congratulations!:thumbsup2:cool1:

HELLO FELLOW CRUISERS!!! :banana:

What a crazy time of the year!!! Busy Busy!!

Steven, It seems like your daughter was just born! How can she be 1.5 already?? I am glad she doesn't seem afraid of the characters!!

I was thinking the same thing!:eek:

I hope all the documents are finding their way!! I would be in panic mode!

We too, LOVE FOOD! We do eat out, maybe more than we should, but not as often as some folks we know! I too, am looking forward to meals I can just sit down and eat, not have to go through all the work to get there!

I think a group picture in the atrium, on the stairs might be a nice option? I don't remember, but does anyone have a nice camera with a tripod and a remote? Then EVERYONE can be in the photo? OR, I am sure if we went to Shutters, we could get them to take the photo, but then that's an extra expense for all. I think I might do this for our Family anyway. I like the idea of meeting after the room tour too!

We've done them in the Atruim before and any cast member will take the picture for us with our cameras. Some will take it with all our cameras but I think that's asking a bit much. Whichever camera we use we share the pics on here to copy.

I did some shopping FOR ME on Thursday! That was nice! I usually don't buy for me! I do need to return or exchange a few things. I have bought these shirts many times, from the same store, but they are cut different this year and I don't like them. I hate that.

Yay new stuff for you!:yay:
Yesterday was Lift-A-Thon at the High School. From January on, the football players are in the weight room 3 times a week. On Saturday, they got to "Show Off" all the hard work they have been putting in. Connor, being an incoming Freshman, as able to bench 125#, 20# more than he did 7 weeks ago! They refer to it as Maxout. There was one boy, he'll be a Senior next year, his Maxout was 400#! :scared1: The school record was set last year at 410#. He still plans on breaking that record this summer! Since I am the Freshman Team Mom...I was there from set up at 830am until we were just about all cleaned up at 230. There were a few stray coolers, but they weren't mine, I was DONE. Then a few errands, Colton back and forth to a Birthday Party and us out to dinner with friends...I was exhausted last night!

Wow!:scared1:Congrats to Connor!
I can bench press about 20#'s on my bowflex:lmao:

We leave in 12 days! We were going to send the boys to school Friday the 3rd, then leave in the afternoon/evening, but Colton has already filled out the papers so he can take finals with the Seniors so he'll be done, Connor swears the teachers are telling him that finals will be over too....SO, we are taking the dogs to the kennel that morning and hitting the road. We plan on driving 9 hours that day and getting to just South of Savannah, GA for the night. I have a reservation in Richmond Hill. Then it will be an easy 3-4 hours the next day. I just need to get notes to Connor's teachers and coaches so they know he won't be there.

I guess I better get started on Tshirts and magnets! I have just not had time! I did get letters and Mickey Heads from the Home Depot the other day. I'll make those for the doors. I found our old magnets from our past cruises, so I can reuse some of those. Need to make new ones for the rest of the family though. I posted to Tom's thread, but have not heard from that...I better go there and see.....

Ok....time to get this house in order....Yanno how it is when you are running...it's a wreck! OH! and I got my replacement Droid. I hope this one is THE one! It's my 3rd since September! Not cool.....Such a pain to set everything back up, yanno?

Have a great day ya'll!!!

Double Dippin' May Madness Dreamer....
Michele :cloud9:

Glad you got your Droid back!:thumbsup2
Hope this one works better than the others!

Mine and my son's worked great, no problems until my son decided to hack our phones to get some other cool stuff.
Man, what problems that caused.
He reverted his, but mine is still hacked, I can't get updates anymore, but it works like a dream since he worked out those kinks.:rolleyes1

Well, I'm planning on making T-shirts, but so far I have not done them yet. I have never done iron-on transfers before, but I guess there's a first time for everything! At least I have my magnets done! I like your idea of putting something in a lanyard. Maybe I can print out the t-shirt design smaller, laminate it, and put it in a lanyard.

I'm going to use the pocket logo that Teresa(DMMom) created:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40199000&postcount=1996

Did anyone see the thread about the love bugs in Fl.? It's that season of the attack of the love bugs!:scared1: I checked out some info about it, and it says the worst times for this is May and September. I HOPE they are gone by the time we sail!!!

Don't look if you're squeemish towards bugs!!!!!

Swarming someone's car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT7kPor2kP4&feature=related

Swarming someone in their yard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZj3sCtet70&feature=related

EWWWW!:eek: I hope they are gone too!
I HATE bugs!:scared1:

Did anyone see the thread about the love bugs in Fl.? It's that season of the attack of the love bugs!:scared1: I checked out some info about it, and it says the worst times for this is May and September. I HOPE they are gone by the time we sail!!!

Don't look if you're squeemish towards bugs!!!!!

Swarming someone's car:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT7kPor2kP4&feature=related
Swarming someone in their yard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZj3sCtet70&feature=related

I don't like any kind of bugs, but even though I know lovebugs don't bite, they give me the creeps!! I really don't like them and I also hope they are gone by June!

Happy Monday everyone! Just think 3 weeks from today we'll be on Castaway Cay :goodvibes

Starting to get busy packing & planning stuff so lurking a bit more than posting lately. I've got that whole excited but stressed thing going. Always get it right before a trip. Do I have everything we need? Are all the plans in place? That type thing. I am quickly reaching the point of - as long as we get on the boat the rest will take care of itself though, LOL.

Hope everyone has a great week!

I know!! Isn't that a wonderful thought?!! Sooooo very excited!!:yay::yay:

Good Evening Fellow Cruisers!! :banana:

I did not know that Marci had to cancel either. I had wondered where she was, but just thought she was working through her treatments. I offer up prayers for a quick recovery.

Love bugs remind me of lightening bugs....but so MANY! :scared1: We've been to FL in June many times and have never had a problem with them. Here's hoping THIS year is the same!

Today was a BUSY day! Connor got his braces off and got his retainers! YAY!!! and I spent sometime at the Verizon store...again. This Droid started missing calls last night and text messages take FOREVER to get! Well, 10 mins, but in text message time, that IS forever!! Soooo, they have ordered me ANOTHER "Warrenty Replacement" Droid. I expressed my dislike for another used phone. I mean, I bought a new one in September and within 24 hours I took it back, BUT I "think" they sent me a Warrenty Replacement phone, even then, not another NEW one...I can't be sure though. They can look it up...if that's the case, I paid full price for a new Droid and only had it for 24 hours? hhhmm..... I am going to talk to the manager when I go in tomorrow to get this switched over. Just very frustrated.

Another busy day tomorrow. Steve has a Dr appt in the morning and we are going to try a new restaurant while we are downtown....Pies and Pints. A pizza place that is always packed, but everyone raves about! Then Connor has lifting and Colton has his band banquet and spring concert! oh, and Colton gets a haircut after school too. Oy!!

I am off to bed to catch some ZZZZZZZZZZZZs!!!! I'm going to need alllll the rest I can get!

Double Dippin' Snoozin' Dreamer....
Michele :cloud9:

Hi to Lovin'themouse! I added you to the list. The day is the sea day and it is planned at 2PM. I am tentatively going to have us meet in the main lobby and start low and work our way up. We will end in the Concierge level with Marci and me. Is that okay, Marci? I will need to clear our plans with the concierge so we won't be thrown out. If needed, we can wait outside and take a few in at a time. I just don't know what the restrictions may be for us. But,,,,, I still want to see all of the rooms.
Make sure that you send a pm to get onto the list on page one.
Hey everybody. I am going to be getting REAL busy very shortly and may not be able to keep up. My mail box is almost full from lots of friends from past cruises. Try to let me know the number of people attending in the posts. Marci was going to also try to watch. If I don't hear from you, I will assume that there will be only two people attending. I plan on having all rooms on the list being visited. Not a long time, just enough to see what they are like and then move on. I am pretty sure that even rooms of the same category can have some differences(such as view), or connecting doors or slight size or shape due to position in the ship.
TIME TO DANCE!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:
Bill

Bill
Who do I need to PM to get on the first page?
Tricia

Thanks to everyone who responds to my posts. Yes, Ansley is growing fast. We booked her on this cruise when she was in my wife's stomach...and here she is 1.5 years old! This cruise has been a long time in the making for sure!

I just pm'd dmmom to see if we could get those graphics because it looks good...but I think we're going to make them into magnets. I don't know...some people say don't put your names on your door, especially of your kid...but we live on the edge.

This is DW last week of :teacher:.... and it's been wild around here. Ansley had a fever of 104.7 on Saturday night....shaking/tembling and all...but they said don't bring her to the ER unless it's 105. It was an ear infection. She's on amoxicillin (which is white now, was pink when i was a kid) and she's better. We're trying to catch up on sleep.

Love bugs....they are annoying. I sat on a family of love bugs on the boat back to wilderness lodge last year, but it was a late night at the MK and I was going to have to sit down. I think we went in June, they were everywhere.

Goodnight.

Steven

Time for bed.

I don't like any kind of bugs, but even though I know lovebugs don't bite, they give me the creeps!! I really don't like them and I also hope they are gone by June!

Gosh, Tammy, how do you live in LA? Aren't there all sorts of creepy crawlies?
That is one reason I don't want to ever move down south, even though I love visiting.
#1. Way too many bugs and they're bigger than they are in the North:eek:

#2. Big Hair! The humidity down there makes my hair triple in size:scared1:

I must share my proud mom moment that Sean just got his grades for this semester in college (his 3rd year).
He just made Dean's list!:cool1::yay:
He received all A- 's in the four courses he was taking. And they were all hard.
Sean is a computer engineering major:goodvibes

:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter