Disney Dream - June 12, 2011

My TA called me just a little while ago and she has my WDW and cruise docs in hand and was mailing them to me today. She had the WDW ones already but was waiting for the cruise docs so she could send them together- the cruise docs apparently were sent to another agent instead of to her but they have been found and are on the way. Should have them early next week. :cool1:

Well, Rebecca,, I was going to suggest why we didn't have them yet. However, you have found yours. I think the reason mine haven't arrived is that the rickshaw broke down outside of Jacksonville. They have to send a replacement wheel.
On a different note, I called DCL and was told that I should wait until next Wednesday and if I don't have them at that point, call them back. It seems to me that 17 days in the postal service is likely more than enough. You guys will find out along with me. I just want the tags to get the luggage onto the ship. That's all, just the tags. I think showing up will likely be enough having checked in online. I have the paper with me to sign. ANd don't forget the passports. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Bill PS,,,, This is cruise # 11 and this has never happened before.

Is everyone out shopping and packing today??? :confused3
I know I'm mostly a "lurker" on this thread :guilty:, but come on people, I need something to lurk!! :surfweb: ;) :rolleyes: I'm too excited for this thread to be on page 3. :banana: :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :goodvibes :wave2:

We've definitely been in the shopping category the last couple of days. DD and I last night and DH today. I think we're pretty close to ready on the clothes front. Oh, and we got our docs today! :cool1:

We went to Carowinds today... a small amusement park in charlotte, NC. It was HOT and not air conditioned lines. We can't help but compare it to Disney the whole day, but it was only $25 to get in, so we couldn't complain...just compare. Our daughter did good with the Costumed Characters and the little Snoopy Hoe Down show too. Sidenote: the choreographer was behind the audience doing the moves so the people on stage would know what to do...HAHA. She's 1.5 years old, so we wondered. This was a relief because she should be able to sit through at least 20 minutes or so of the nightly shows. We're pretty stoked that she won't be afraid of Mickey and the characters too.

Next week is DW last week of school and after that...she can spend her days getting us packed and ready. We are definitely read for the cruise.

Steven

I know I'm mostly a "lurker" on this thread :guilty:, but come on people, I need something to lurk!! :surfweb: ;) :rolleyes: I'm too excited for this thread to be on page 3. :banana: :dance3: :cheer2: :cool1:

Yep. That's where DD and I were today. Out shopping. But haven't started packing yet. At least not clothes. I have a box in an extra room that I have started throwing things into that I don't want to forget (because I will forget where I put them if I don't put it all in one place).

We are really excited and ready for this cruise!!:yay::yay:

I finally did some shopping yesterday. I have been dieting (down 15 lbs, woo-hoo!), so I needed shorts in a smaller size. I also needed to get DS some swimming trunks. I work p/t at Gap, so made the hour drive to Gap Outlet where I can also use my employee discount card. I racked up!!!! I definitely need to make that drive again. I will start washing the new stuff and packing today! :banana:

HELLO FELLOW CRUISERS!!! :banana:

What a crazy time of the year!!! Busy Busy!!

Steven, It seems like your daughter was just born! How can she be 1.5 already?? I am glad she doesn't seem afraid of the characters!!

I hope all the documents are finding their way!! I would be in panic mode!

We too, LOVE FOOD! We do eat out, maybe more than we should, but not as often as some folks we know! I too, am looking forward to meals I can just sit down and eat, not have to go through all the work to get there!

I think a group picture in the atrium, on the stairs might be a nice option? I don't remember, but does anyone have a nice camera with a tripod and a remote? Then EVERYONE can be in the photo? OR, I am sure if we went to Shutters, we could get them to take the photo, but then that's an extra expense for all. I think I might do this for our Family anyway. I like the idea of meeting after the room tour too!

I did some shopping FOR ME on Thursday! That was nice! I usually don't buy for me! I do need to return or exchange a few things. I have bought these shirts many times, from the same store, but they are cut different this year and I don't like them. I hate that.

Yesterday was Lift-A-Thon at the High School. From January on, the football players are in the weight room 3 times a week. On Saturday, they got to "Show Off" all the hard work they have been putting in. Connor, being an incoming Freshman, as able to bench 125#, 20# more than he did 7 weeks ago! They refer to it as Maxout. There was one boy, he'll be a Senior next year, his Maxout was 400#! :scared1: The school record was set last year at 410#. He still plans on breaking that record this summer! Since I am the Freshman Team Mom...I was there from set up at 830am until we were just about all cleaned up at 230. There were a few stray coolers, but they weren't mine, I was DONE. Then a few errands, Colton back and forth to a Birthday Party and us out to dinner with friends...I was exhausted last night!

We leave in 12 days! We were going to send the boys to school Friday the 3rd, then leave in the afternoon/evening, but Colton has already filled out the papers so he can take finals with the Seniors so he'll be done, Connor swears the teachers are telling him that finals will be over too....SO, we are taking the dogs to the kennel that morning and hitting the road. We plan on driving 9 hours that day and getting to just South of Savannah, GA for the night. I have a reservation in Richmond Hill. Then it will be an easy 3-4 hours the next day. I just need to get notes to Connor's teachers and coaches so they know he won't be there.

I guess I better get started on Tshirts and magnets! I have just not had time! I did get letters and Mickey Heads from the Home Depot the other day. I'll make those for the doors. I found our old magnets from our past cruises, so I can reuse some of those. Need to make new ones for the rest of the family though. I posted to Tom's thread, but have not heard from that...I better go there and see.....

Ok....time to get this house in order....Yanno how it is when you are running...it's a wreck! OH! and I got my replacement Droid. I hope this one is THE one! It's my 3rd since September! Not cool.....Such a pain to set everything back up, yanno?

Have a great day ya'll!!!

Double Dippin' May Madness Dreamer....
Michele :cloud9:

I teach at a k-12 school. Yesterday our Ladies Soccer team was in the 2-A state finals. We packed up and road tripped down. Our ladies won 3-1 claiming the first soccer state championship ever for the school! Great game, it was a blast.

I teach at a k-12 school. Yesterday our Ladies Soccer team was in the 2-A state finals. We packed up and road tripped down. Our ladies won 3-1 claiming the first soccer state championship ever for the school! Great game, it was a blast.

Congrats to your Ladies Soccer team!!

Ashman, I've been searching the Cruise Reports thread, but I haven't found a pre-trip report by you. I loved your other reports. You are so entertaining!

Just think, 3 weeks from today at this time, we should be on the Dream!!!:yay::yay: (Or at least at the terminal waiting to board.)

Can you tell I'm excited?!!:banana::banana:

Rose,
This sounds like a plan! Are you making a double dippin' dreamers tshirt?
I have not yet and I have not made a magnet. I would like to but people keep saying we only have 23 days left and I wonder, am I on the right chat board cause I can't possibly be leaving that soon and then I check the calendar...OOOPS, they are right! Where did the time go? :lmao:

Well I can't worry about packing now, I am in North Richland Hills, TX visiting my sister, scrapbooking and eating some good TX barbeque and steaks! Packing starts next Weds!

Happy Weekend Everyone! :wizard:

I'm not making tshirts this time.
I keep making them and then wearing them once only anyway so I think this time I'll either make nametags or something to put in a lanyard.

I'm not making tshirts this time.
I keep making them and then wearing them once only anyway so I think this time I'll either make nametags or something to put in a lanyard.

Well, I'm planning on making T-shirts, but so far I have not done them yet. I have never done iron-on transfers before, but I guess there's a first time for everything! At least I have my magnets done! I like your idea of putting something in a lanyard. Maybe I can print out the t-shirt design smaller, laminate it, and put it in a lanyard.

Congrats to your Ladies Soccer team!!

Ashman, I've been searching the Cruise Reports thread, but I haven't found a pre-trip report by you. I loved your other reports. You are so entertaining!

Just think, 3 weeks from today at this time, we should be on the Dream!!!:yay::yay: (Or at least at the terminal waiting to board.)

Can you tell I'm excited?!!:banana::banana:

I haven't had the chance to start one. The end of school has been so crazy I haven't had the opportunity to get one going! Last day of class is Friday, maybe then! Thanks for checking in!

Please keep Joplin, MO in your prayers. We have family and friends in that area - so far we think everyone is OK but the tornado is still on the ground.

Well, I'm planning on making T-shirts, but so far I have not done them yet. I have never done iron-on transfers before, but I guess there's a first time for everything! At least I have my magnets done! I like your idea of putting something in a lanyard. Maybe I can print out the t-shirt design smaller, laminate it, and put it in a lanyard.

Oh I like the lanyard idea. You mean a rectangle like the KTTW card and
clipped to the bottom of a pin trading type lanyard? I don't even remember the lanyard from our first cruise!

I did shop this weekend. I found a few shirts and a lime green beach tote.
Still need to order swimsuits for the men though!

Michele, a group picture in the Atrium sounds nice. Congrats to your boys for their lifting achievements. My son has started lifting to prepare for the soccer season next fall. All that stuff will start up as soon as we get back from the cruise!

Instead of going through all these posts can anyone let me know what time everyone is meeting for the meet and greet :confused3 and when is the room tour? Our room is 10116 Cat 4A, depending on the time and date I'd like to join the room tour, just want to clear it up with the DH. :thumbsup2

Room Tours, "A Progressive Disser"
:banana::banana::banana: 2601:p174
Tour Rooms, "A Progressive Disser"
3dan cat V 12022 #7
Marcij cat R 12002
Fab5Family cat8C 7670 and 7672
Tracy51 cat5D 6070 #2
Scouter cat 5D 6054 #2
KSFrogge cat8B 9656 #1
abitagirl916 cat 5E 5158 #2
McPackers cat 5C 7580
whithouston cat11B GTY
WDWCrazzyCunninghams cat6B 8182
Principessa cat 5c 7652 #1
o0lissa0o 11B 9555 #1
Lovin'themouse 4A 10116 #2?
Got it,,,, Keep um coming , folks,,, we can have a big room tour so that we can all see what the rooms look like!!!!!
Did I get it right?
Bill
:banana::banana::banana:

Hey everyone,,, don't forget to consider the room tour. It could be your only opportunity to see the different categories of rooms on the Dream and Fantasy.
Got to keep on preachin!

Hi to Lovin'themouse! I added you to the list. The day is the sea day and it is planned at 2PM. I am tentatively going to have us meet in the main lobby and start low and work our way up. We will end in the Concierge level with Marci and me. Is that okay, Marci? I will need to clear our plans with the concierge so we won't be thrown out. If needed, we can wait outside and take a few in at a time. I just don't know what the restrictions may be for us. But,,,,, I still want to see all of the rooms.
Make sure that you send a pm to get onto the list on page one.
Hey everybody. I am going to be getting REAL busy very shortly and may not be able to keep up. My mail box is almost full from lots of friends from past cruises. Try to let me know the number of people attending in the posts. Marci was going to also try to watch. If I don't hear from you, I will assume that there will be only two people attending. I plan on having all rooms on the list being visited. Not a long time, just enough to see what they are like and then move on. I am pretty sure that even rooms of the same category can have some differences(such as view), or connecting doors or slight size or shape due to position in the ship.
TIME TO DANCE!!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:
Bill

Yes we were out shopping this weekend also. DS11 is so hard to shop for since he is in-between men's and boys sizes. I think we got about everything or placed it on order. The packing will have to wait as this weekend we will be going to Charlotte NC, for my nephews HS graduation.

We actually almost had 2 days in a row of sun but an afternoon storm ruined it.

The kids are really starting to get excited. DS4 now tells everyone he meets that he is going on a Disney cruise.

Have a good week everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter