• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream - June 12, 2011

Good first day of school for the kids (2nd and 4th grade). They were happy to see their friends and luckily liked their teachers.
Sydney found out today that she is going to be in the Des Moines Ballet production of Nutcracker as a Bon Bon. She is excited. :woohoo:

How exciting!:thumbsup2

DMMoM- that's wonderful for your daughter, very exciting!!

Well I thought that with school starting this week i'd be able to catch up on posts and explore the site more:lmao::rotfl2: what was I thinking?:laughing:

I have 8 girl scouts coming over this evening with mom's and the siblings that tag along and wow did my house need cleaning! We are having a back to school fiesta and paying of the dues and all that jazz. the girls will have a blast swimming! Though it's amazing how quickly the pool can cool off when the night temps flirt with upper 60's! Last week the pool temp was a bathy 95 this week, 87!

My girls will start a new school Monday! I just got the transfer ok to a different school. We were on a couple of waiting lists but those schools are full and show no sign of getting spots anytime soon! After the defeated looks on my daughters faces already this week I gave our original 3rd school choice another shot and they had 2 spots! :banana: I am a very forgiving person and understand how teaching works and can talk my girls through pretty much any situation and give them the reasons behind the supposed madness, but being on both sides on the teaching perspective, there are just things that I cannot justify. And when it's still the same stuff that my boys went through, it's time to jump ship! :rotfl:

Has anyone checked out the netflix app for the iphone?!?! it's great!! I can now watch what I want when the kids have monopolized the TVs!! :cool1:

Have a Great Weekend everyone!!:cool2:

Wow! Busy night. Good luck!
Congrats on getting your girls in a new school.
What area are you from anyway?

Soooo glad that tomorrow is Friday!! My work week has not been a very good one. :sad2: Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.:goodvibes And then there is always the weekend to look forward to!!:banana: Better yet, the cruise to look forward to.:cheer2: Hope that everyone has a good evening!

Hope you have a better weekend Tammy:goodvibes

Had to find me a bit of Disney on my non Disney trip to DC:thumbsup2:
This was at the Smithsonian Museum of American History

232323232%7Ffp%3A8%3A%3Enu%3D3237%3E88%3A%3E353%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3A66742%3C933%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3A94%3Enu%3D3237%3E88%3A%3E353%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3A667433433%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp%3A83%3Enu%3D3237%3E88%3A%3E353%3EWSNRCG%3D33%3A667434533%3Anu0mrj

So I had a little time. Here are the deck plans with the known cabins with a Mickey Head. It might help with the FE planning. If we decide on groups it might be easier by deck or by side or end of ship. Hopefully these images show up ok.
DisneyDreamDeckPlan11_12.jpg

DisneyDreamDeckPlan8_10.jpg

DisneyDreamDeckPlan5_7.jpg

So I had a little time. Here are the deck plans with the known cabins with a Mickey Head. It might help with the FE planning. If we decide on groups it might be easier by deck or by side or end of ship. Hopefully these images show up ok.
DisneyDreamDeckPlan11_12.jpg

DisneyDreamDeckPlan8_10.jpg

DisneyDreamDeckPlan5_7.jpg

Awesome job!:thumbsup2

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers!! :banana:

DMMom, THANK YOU for the deck plans! That is awesome and very much appreciated!!!

Scouter, i wish we would have had more time in DC. We didn't make it to that museum. I am sure a return trip will be soon. So much to see and do there!

The weather is taking a turn toward the 90s again! going to be hot and humid again this week, but then cooling off for the Labor Day weekend. We got a bunch of yard work done yesterday, so we can coast out the heat!

Heading to work tomorrow and Tuesday. They are doing some training, so I'll be floating around from room to room as people do that. I told the school I just want to be a sub this year. I have toooooo much on my plate to be there 30-40 hours a week. She was happy that I just want to sub. She said it's hard to find people that want that. Usually they WANT the hours. We'll see how it goes!

Time to get moving...Staples has a nice ad again this week and I'd like to get some of the deals. If I wait too long, they'll be gone!

Wishing you a Dream of a Sunday!!!
Michele

Good evening all. Sadly typing this only because my DS goes back to school tomorrow. :teacher: The end of summer vacation has arrived. But I told him today not to be too sad. The sooner school starts the sooner we get to our next Disney cruise. We will leave for Florida on what will be his last day of school this year...well technically next year.

Atlantis: Took of poll this week of a few friends who went to Atlantis on actual vacations there this past year, and each of them said that Atlantis isn't worth $400 for the day especially when my DD would not be tall enough to go on any of the water slides. I'd have to split up from DH so he could take DS on everything. So we have decided to stay on the ship in Nassau and just enjoy what will hopefully be an empty ship. Maybe we'll spend some time booking our next cruise on that day. :cool1:

So ? regarding FEs...did I miss where there are no more Fish to hang the FEs from, but Mickey heads instead. I thought I read in a previous post something about Mickey heads. :confused3

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers!
Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was good, although rather wet. Went to a wedding yesterday in the rain (outside ceremony), but everyone made the best of it!
Trying to be positive that this work week will be better than the last one!!!:goodvibes
Wishing everyone a Magical Day!!!:wizard:

Does anyone know if the room number placard is the same size as the other 2 ships?

Oh my goodness -- I didn't realize how long I had been away from the DIS until I saw how many pages I needed to read and catch up.

Now that we are into the second week of school here in Texas, it is funny to read about everyone's school preparations in earlier posts.

Hi, y'all. My trio start 4th grade on Monday (we are in Atlanta).

Our twins also hit 4th grade this year. I think I read of some other multiples somewhere in the thread, too -- can't remember their ages. (Or maybe I am thinking of one of your other posts.)

I know that we have a lot of teachers, and of course students, in this group. I hope everyone has had a smooth start to the new school year. This cruise will be such a great way to celebrate the end of the year!

We have our reservation in hand and are very excited about cruising with Disney June 12. This will be our second cruise, first with DCL. I (Becky) and DH (Todd) will be traveling with our 2 DS, David (11) and Ryan (8). We will be in room 9546. I'm coming over from cruise critics as this is where the action seems to be! :cool1:

I'm trying to get in all of the planning and dreaming done now. I'm a teacher and here in Texas, we start next week. I won't be doing much of anything for a while. :teacher: My current goal is to read as many of these posts as I can! :surfweb:

Welcome to the group! I am also a school teacher in Texas, and my boys are very close in age to yours. My oldest Justin is 11 and then I have twins Aaron & Brandon who are 9.

We are in Bedford, about 10 minutes from DFW airport. Which part of the state do you call home?

Welcome to everyone who has joined the group recently!:goodvibes

I finally started my Job. I am only working 2 days a week, but I just got a call asking me to cover for someone tomorrow. She is sick so I have a feeling I'll be working most of this week/weekend. My client is a 90 year old very energetic man who keeps me on my toes.

Dh and I watched a DCL dvd this weekend, one he had requested earlier this year. It made us start thinking about the cruise again! Now with me working, I'll be paying off the cruise! princess:

Nothing else new here. DS started 10th grade a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like everyone has been having a great start to the new school year.

Have a great week everyone!:wizard:

We are hoping to buy a new video camera before this cruse, wondering if anyone can share some pointers and suggestions with us. thanks

I'm glad to hear all of the good starts of school. With each thing that passes, we are that much closer to the cruise. :cool1:

I went to the doctor today to get my ankle looked at. I sprained it 8 weeks ago and it still hurts. They stuck me in a walking boot for a month. Ligaments and tendons stretched too much and needed to be immobilized. Hopefully it heals quickly so I can start exercising.
Progress report on the diet: I've lost 10 lbs and DH has lost 15 lbs. I'm happy with the slow steady progress. Still alot to lose.

Waiting for DD to get through with first night of dance class for the school year.

Have a great week.

I'm glad to hear all of the good starts of school. With each thing that passes, we are that much closer to the cruise. :cool1:

I went to the doctor today to get my ankle looked at. I sprained it 8 weeks ago and it still hurts. They stuck me in a walking boot for a month. Ligaments and tendons stretched too much and needed to be immobilized. Hopefully it heals quickly so I can start exercising.
Progress report on the diet: I've lost 10 lbs and DH has lost 15 lbs. I'm happy with the slow steady progress. Still alot to lose.

Waiting for DD to get through with first night of dance class for the school year.

Have a great week.

Hope your ankle heals quickly and completely. Congratulations on the weight you and your DH have lost so far. I keep saying I need to lose weight before the cruise, but so far have not done anything about it. Maybe I'll start soon.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter