• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream - June 12, 2011

Hello,

My husband and I are really looking forward to the cruise. We are planning to stay at the Radisson near the Port but had a quick question. How do you get from the Orlando airport to the hotel? Should we take a taxi, or is there transportation that takes you to those hotels?

Michele

We just rented a car last time and dropped it off the morning of the cruise and took the shuttle to the port. Probably do that again.

Hi! My name is Sher. We just booked the Dream for the the week of June 12th! We have 14 family members traveling from North and South Carolina! We will be celebrating my twin cousin's high school graduation! My family is especially excited, as it will be our 1st Disney Cruise! I keep seeing FE pictures, and would Love to know more about what it is! I look forward to keeping up with everyone and counting down our days to the BEST VACATION EVER!!!
:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Welcome aboard, Sher!! That is quite a group. You will all have a great time!! We are also celebrating my daughter's high school graduation. Although she will be 22 at cruise time, she is a Special Education student that will be graduating in 2011, which is quite an accomplishment for her. I am very proud! We look forward to celebrating with all of our new Disboard friends.

Anniversary dinner done: I fixed Prosciutto and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken (food network), Canada Le Cellier's sweet corn polenta and for dessert Palo chocolate souffle with vanilla sauce. Everyone seemed to like it. The souffle tasted good, just wasn't quite as fluffy.

Happy Anniversary!! So happy that your Anniversary dinner turned out so well.

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers!!! :banana:

I am excited to see more friends joining us!!! It's going to be a huge group! We still have quite a bit of time yet too!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCI!!! Hope it was a great day!

Foopah, we have a labradoodle and a goldendoodle! Our GD we got from a breeder, our LD we rescued a year later. Turned out thier birthdays are just 5 days apart! They are now 5 years old and are much calmer. A great resource for me was The Doodle Boards. (and doesn't that figure...it's been so long since I've been there, I can't find it now! Maybe it was renamed?) If I find it later, I'll post the link.

DMMom, I have yet to make the souffle. Maybe I should try this weekend!! When I saw your FB post, I thought that would be the souffle!!! Have to check my cupboards.... And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

We had a great weekend! Steve got a new truck on Friday, then we took it on a road trip to Columbus, OH on Saturday. It's just 2.5 hours drive for us. We stayed at a hotel with an indoor waterpark, went putt putting, go karting, ate out, did some shopping...it was nice and relaxing!! Now it's back to the grind!!!

Speaking of which...sitiing on here is not getting the wash done or the yard cut! Have a great day!!!!!

Hello,

My husband and I are really looking forward to the cruise. We are planning to stay at the Radisson near the Port but had a quick question. How do you get from the Orlando airport to the hotel? Should we take a taxi, or is there transportation that takes you to those hotels?

Michele

We stayed there last October. Very nice:thumbsup2
Might do it again. Or might stay at WDW and do something there and then
drive the car down in the am.
Directions are on their website.
We rented a car from the airport and kept it overnight while we stayed at the
hotel. Woke up early in the am to watch the Magic sail in from the cruise before ours. Then a bit later in the am (when the sun actually came up)
dropped off the car to the rental place and then took their shuttle to the port.

Anniversary dinner done: I fixed Prosciutto and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken (food network), Canada Le Cellier's sweet corn polenta and for dessert Palo chocolate souffle with vanilla sauce. Everyone seemed to like it. The souffle tasted good, just wasn't quite as fluffy.

Wow, that all sounds so yummy!

Hi everyone!! I love seeing all the new posts every time I get to check in!!

We are about to leave for our vacation this weekend! I'm so excited to go visit my extended family, never get to see them enough! Best part is, it's soo much cooler in upstate NY then here in Dallas!! my pool thermometer says 113 for the air temp:scared1: that's just nuts!!
My oldest boy broke his wrist 2 weeks ago, that's just loads of fun! hopefully he will get his short cast this week. he misses being able to move his elbow! it's pretty funny when he has to ask for his meat to be cut up a dinner! almost like he's a little guy again! :lmao:

The kids have been talking a lot lately about our cruise last year and every time it ends with "can we go again?" lol if they only knew!! It is getting harder not to tell them, but i'm bound and determined to wait until Christmas!!:rolleyes1

Oh last week we went to NRH2O a water park with a water coaster, oh it was a BLAST!! if the aqua duck is even close to the "mean green" it will ROCK! :yay:

Hope everyone has a great week!! stay cool!!

Just thought of something! I wonder if the horn on the Dream will be the same tune as the Magic and Wonder!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AljIkEJuEpI&feature=related
M&W are just a pitch apart.. I hope it's the same or at least not boring like other cruise lines!!

I read somewhere...had to be on here....that the When You Wish Upon a Star is very close to A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes....maybe the same beats? I think one is 7 and one is 8? But I don't think A Dream is as well known as Upon a star....who knows. I am sure you could search the thread up!

I "think" what we are going to do is...Drive to FL on Thurs...stay at a cheap hotel. Check into Hard Rock on Friday, early. Spend Fri and Sat at USO. Check into a port hotel on Saturday night with the family. Leave our truck at the hotel for the 5 nights and use the hotel shuttle. On return, we'll check into WDW on Friday, drive home Monday. That'll give us 3 days in the parks. Not nearly enough, but beggers can't be choosers!

Day light is wasting..... grass needs cut.... I hate this chore....and I think I need gas too. UGH.

Michele

I read somewhere...had to be on here....that the When You Wish Upon a Star is very close to A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes....maybe the same beats? I think one is 7 and one is 8? But I don't think A Dream is as well known as Upon a star....who knows. I am sure you could search the thread up!

I "think" what we are going to do is...Drive to FL on Thurs...stay at a cheap hotel. Check into Hard Rock on Friday, early. Spend Fri and Sat at USO. Check into a port hotel on Saturday night with the family. Leave our truck at the hotel for the 5 nights and use the hotel shuttle. On return, we'll check into WDW on Friday, drive home Monday. That'll give us 3 days in the parks. Not nearly enough, but beggers can't be choosers!

Day light is wasting..... grass needs cut.... I hate this chore....and I think I need gas too. UGH.

Michele
We're trying to figure out a schedule too. Want to got to USO for Harry Potter, Sea World for a day, and a couple at WDW. Hadn't thought about splitting before and after. May have to play around with dates now.

Denise

Here is one thread about the horn. I guess it does have 8 horns, which covers a scale from C-C. (My band brain should have thought of that!) and with that scale, can play nearly any tune with a computer program!

Off to bed!
wishing you all a Disney Dream!

Hi! My name is Sher. We just booked the Dream for the the week of June 12th! We have 14 family members traveling from North and South Carolina! We will be celebrating my twin cousin's high school graduation! My family is especially excited, as it will be our 1st Disney Cruise! I keep seeing FE pictures, and would Love to know more about what it is! I look forward to keeping up with everyone and counting down our days to the BEST VACATION EVER!!!

SC here also near Charleston:banana: Welcome Aboard

Michele

I know what you mean! With the heat advisory, we have to wait to do the yard in the evening (around 7pm). Ds and I got out there last night and did the back yard, one of the side yards, and part of the front yard. In a day or so we'll do the rest. (the other side of the yard is big...we had our wedding out there!!)

We've had someone to do our yard since we moved here (3 years ago_, but we are cutting back to save $$ so we are doing the yard ourselves now. Lots of work!

Saw this from friends on FB today....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGWShdDstCU&feature=player_embedded

Good Morining Fellow Cruisers!

Well, it's Hump Day!! Halfway through the work week.:yay: Hope everyone is having a good week so far. Need to go before the end of the week and get our passports. I know, I missed getting them before the price increase. Just didn't have the time then. My daughter was in Camp that week that I found out about the price increase. Oh well. Trying to get to the Courthouse this week because DD starts back at school on Monday.

Gotta go and finish getting ready for work. Have a great day!!!:cheer2:

Tammy

Welcome - - I will get you added to the first page. :goodvibes

That sounds uh-maz-ing! We just love cooking Disney food at our house too!

It's official. We are in 8638 and 8640. Looking forward to the cruise!

Denise, I think I missed you the first go-around. Will get you guys added now. :dance3:

Hi, y'all. My trio start 4th grade on Monday (we are in Atlanta). I can't believe how fast time is going. Trying to do some fun stuff this week before summer ends. We took the kids to CA and Disneyland in June for their b'day. It was awesome!

I'm off work until mid-Sept (had surgery 3 weeks ago). I'm a NICU nurse, and my DH works for ATT.

We are all so looking forward to this cruise. I can't decide if we ate getting off in Nassau or just gonna enjoy the ship.

Have a great day!

I know what you mean about the heat, just got back from Myrtle Beach. It is hot here in High Point. I miss the beach already, tomorrow back to work. Ds(17) just came back from the Jambo this afternoon, had a great time, says he is ready to go back again. He will have to wait until the next one in 2013. Our DD(12) started school today(extended studies school), the other 2 won't start until Aug 25. It just never seems to slow down, one thing right into another thing, eventually the actual cruise will be the thing.

Yesterday it was 102 here in Southern Indiana. I think the news said it was the hottest day here since 1930. I go back to school next week. I'm a 5th Grade teacher. I'm sure it will be a lot cooler next week! Yeah, right. My sons go back to school next week too. (senior in high school and a junior in college) My wife is not feeling too sympathetic since she had to work all summer.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter