Disney Dream July 29

I have moved this thread to the meets board and added it to the main list for Disney Dream 2016.

I am so looking forward to this cruise we are taking my two oldest sons with us this time. It will be nice to hang in the adult areas and go to the adult shows with both of them. I am looking forward to going diving with my 19 year old again at Nassau. My wife and 20 year old are staying on ship at Nassau. Also looking forward to having them with us at the adult beach at castaway cay. This is our 4th time on the dream. It will be nice to see what they changed during the make over. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to help.

We are on this cruise, too!! It is our first time on the Dream, but we have cruised with Disney many times. Doing a short visit to WDW before boarding the Dream! There are 4 peeps in or group, me, my partner and my 2 granddaughters that we are raising! It has been almost 6 years since we have cruised and are looking forward to it!

Tips for New cruisers
#1. Room service is free. Good to have dollars to tip wait staff.
#2. Easier to go down to go up and up to go down on elevators.
#3. Take a extra card like non credit card to put in the slot to keep power on. The dream has a card slot by the door that has to have a card in it for the power to be on. I use room card from past Disney trip.
#4. You can order as many items on the menu as you want. If you like something from another dining room ask. If you want to change something ask. If you want a baked potato and its not on the menu ask.
#5. Get a spot early for pirate night. If your an adult let a child see the show too.
#6. Don't reserve chairs at the pool. But don't go up and set stuff down on a chair and go back down to room to come up later.
#7. If there are multiple characters like mickey is at 9:00 and Minnie is at 9:15 have one parent find the beginning of the line for Minnie and wait. Then your kids can see mickey and then get in line with you for the next one.
#8. Cheaper to buy your photo packages before the cruise at the website for the photographers. We bought all the pictures last time and saved a bunch. If you end up not wanting but a few you can buy just the few and get a refund on the package there on board.
#9. Don't wait until the last night to check your photos, it gets packed; check them throughout your cruise to make sure they are there and not missing. the morning of departure is horrible there.
#10. Disney Cruise ships have the best water treatment system on the planet. The water is a lot better that the bottled water sold in stores here.
#11. Please take time to get to know your wait staff and cabin staff. They are wonderful people from all over.
#12. Palo and Remi are great but so is the food in the dining rooms.
#13. Don't feel like you have to do everything. You cant.
#14. Please turn off the lights on the verandas if your not out there.
#15. Check out the DVC presentation. You might win some onboard credit. But will get free drinks.
#16. The line for Capt. Jack is long on the ship. He will be on castaway key if you miss out.
#17. The deck gets really hot and will burn your feet also it gets very slippery.
#18. Try the soups. They are really good.
#19. They have a giant cookie and milk on the room service menu for the kid in all of us.
#20. You can request a plate to go in the dining rooms.
#21. Make your kids try the kids clubs. They might fight you but once they are in they wont want to come out. Mine fought us and then tried it and they absolutely love it.
#22. Don't rent the scooters at Nassau. They are not well maintained and many people get hurt because of stuck throttles and poor brakes.
#23. Be careful in Nassau it is not the nicest port to walk around out side the shopping district.
#24. Don't be late coming back to the ship. If your on a Disney excursion they will wait. If your not you'll be out.
#25. If your planning on doing Atlantis and have multiple people its cheaper to rent a room at the days inn. You get full use of Atlantis. The price for 2 adults and 2 kids is 314.00 where the excursion is 613.50

Last edited:
My kids (14 & 8) and I are super excited to attend our very first Disney Cruise!!!! We will be making a Fish Extender - will they be other families participating in this cool little tradition??

Tips for New cruisers
#1. Room service is free. Good to have dollars to tip wait staff.
#2. Easier to go down to go up and up to go down on elevators.
#3. Take a extra card like non credit card to put in the slot to keep power on. The dream has a card slot by the door that has to have a card in it for the power to be on. I use room card from past Disney trip.
#4. You can order as many items on the menu as you want. If you like something from another dining room ask. If you want to change something ask. If you want a baked potato and its not on the menu ask.
#5. Get a spot early for pirate night. If your an adult let a child see the show too.
#6. Don't reserve chairs at the pool. But don't go up and set stuff down on a chair and go back down to room to come up later.
#7. If there are multiple characters like mickey is at 9:00 and Minnie is at 9:15 have one parent find the beginning of the line for Minnie and wait. Then your kids can see mickey and then get in line with you for the next one.
#8. Cheaper to buy your photo packages before the cruise at the website for the photographers. We bought all the pictures last time and saved a bunch. If you end up not wanting but a few you can buy just the few and get a refund on the package there on board.
#9. Don't wait until the last night to check your photos, it gets packed; check them throughout your cruise to make sure they are there and not missing. the morning of departure is horrible there.
#10. Disney Cruise ships have the best water treatment system on the planet. The water is a lot better that the bottled water sold in stores here.
#11. Please take time to get to know your wait staff and cabin staff. They are wonderful people from all over.
#12. Palo and Remi are great but so is the food in the dining rooms.
#13. Don't feel like you have to do everything. You cant.
#14. Please turn off the lights on the verandas if your not out there.
#15. Check out the DVC presentation. You might win some onboard credit. But will get free drinks.
#16. The line for Capt. Jack is long on the ship. He will be on castaway key if you miss out.
#17. The deck gets really hot and will burn your feet also it gets very slippery.
#18. Try the soups. They are really good.
#19. They have a giant cookie and milk on the room service menu for the kid in all of us.
#20. You can request a plate to go in the dining rooms.
#21. Make your kids try the kids clubs. They might fight you but once they are in they wont want to come out. Mine fought us and then tried it and they absolutely love it.
#22. Don't rent the scooters at Nassau. They are not well maintained and many people get hurt because of stuck throttles and poor brakes.
#23. Be careful in Nassau it is not the nicest port to walk around out side the shopping district.
#24. Don't be late coming back to the ship. If your on a Disney excursion they will wait. If your not you'll be out.
#25. If your planning on doing Atlantis and have multiple people its cheaper to rent a room at the days inn. You get full use of Atlantis. The price for 2 adults and 2 kids is 314.00 where the excursion is 613.50
Wow these are awesome tips!!!! So we have NEVER cruised before - what takes place on the first and last days??

My kids (14 & 8) and I are super excited to attend our very first Disney Cruise!!!! We will be making a Fish Extender - will they be other families participating in this cool little tradition??
Welcome, Kimmy Jo! Well, so far you're the only other family that has expressed an interest in the FE. If we can get a few more cabins to agree to participate within the next week or so, I'll setup a FE gift exchange signup list for our cruise!

Welcome, Kimmy Jo! Well, so far you're the only other family that has expressed an interest in the FE. If we can get a few more cabins to agree to participate within the next week or so, I'll setup a FE gift exchange signup list for our cruise!
Perfect!!!

Kimmy Jo on the first day you board the ship based upon the number you are given based on the time you check in. You are welcomed on board and there is lunch up on deck 11 in the aft (back ) of the ship (Cabanas). If you have bathing suits the aqua duck is open as are the pools. At 1:30 the cabins will be available. The kids clubs are open for everyone to check them out. I want to see the star wars changes they made. At 4:00 pm is the safety drill you will see where you need to go on your door in your cabin. Everyone from your party has to attend. Bags should start showing up at your rooms . The earliest I have seen them was 2:00 pm the latest was after 5:00. At 4:30 is the sail away party on deck 11 mid ship. Get there early to get a spot. At 6:00 pm is the 1st dinner and the 1st show. 8:00 dinner is the second dinner seating and second show. The fist nights is the golden mickeys. There are other activities going on. On your card will show your dining order. If it is ARE then you have animator's 1st the Royal Palace 2nd and then Enchanted 3rd. REA is Royal, Enchanted, Animators. And so on.
The soda machines are on deck 11 near cabana's as is coffee and tea. It is available 24 hours a day. The burgers, sandwiches and soft serve is deck 11 mid ship.

The last night all suitcases have to be outside your cabins at 10:00 pm. The last morning the breakfast will be in the dining room you had the night before. Breakfast is good and somewhat limited. They get your in and out quick. Please keep in mind that your servers will be working a long day that day. Please make it easy on them

Last edited:
One more tip is get a specialty drink and use the cups for sodas the rest of the trip. I have a 30 oz insolated mug that keeps stuff cool for 4 hours. I will fill it up and have it in the fridge in the room. Sodas are not included in room service.
We like to order bagels, fruit and yogurt as well as coffee for the morning the night before. There is a door tag in the room you fill it out and place it on the door. Someone will get it. If you want 4 of something write 4x. It is one of my favorite things is having coffee on the veranda with my wife while everyone else in the cabin is sleeping. Watching the sun come up is magical at sea.

Put stuff on the hangers in the closet to keep them from banging.

Last edited:
I posted our thread in the main DCL forum in the hopes of attracting more people with the limited time we have left. Hopefully we can find enough fellow cruisers to have a nice sized meet and FE gift exchange!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter