Disney Dream January 21-23 2011

Mine doesn't show up on my Castaway Club page and never has. I have always had to pull up the reservation manually. I was initially told it wouldn't count towards Castaway Club, but it appears that is not the case anymore! Hmmm....guess I better send another email!

Here are some pics from CC that we took on the Halloween cruise showing the new things....we have also been to CC in the early part of January and we had to sit on the beach with jackets on....but I don't care!!! This trip the foucs is the ship!!!

MJ

That's what CC looks like? I'm starting to forget. :rotfl: Haven't gotten there in my last two cruises!

That's what CC looks like? I'm starting to forget. :rotfl: Haven't gotten there in my last two cruises!

Did weather keep you from getting there? Yep...these are pics mostly of all the new things down the far end of the beach....the new cabanas, spring a leak and pelican plunge.

There is also a new food service place called Cookies 2.

MJ

Mine doesn't show up on my Castaway Club page and never has. I have always had to pull up the reservation manually. I was initially told it wouldn't count towards Castaway Club, but it appears that is not the case anymore! Hmmm....guess I better send another email!

Same with me.....I thought even though we may not get credit for the cruise towards are total count or get a CC gift, I thought it would show up in the list.

Has anyone received any type of confirmation letter either via email or snail mail. I spoke to Steven when we booked and that was it...no follow up confirmation.

MJ

Here is what we recieved

CONFIRMATION – GUEST COPY
Dear Natalia ,
Great news! Your Disney cruise has been successfully booked. Thank you for helping to make the dreams come true for children in our community by joining us for the Benefit Preview Cruise for Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida.
Below is your reservation number and other details of your cruise plans as they stand right now. Please review it all. To update or get more information, be sure to call 1-886-325-6682. From November 22 to three days before sailing, visit the Planning Center at disneycruise.com/plan to plan onboard experiences spa reservations and adventures in our ports of call, as well as to complete all travel documents. You can even schedule a special call from a Disney character.
We look forward to you sailing with us soon!
Sincerely,
Disney Cruise Line®

No mention of dress code and it does say we can book spa and port
Hopefully we will recieve docs soon
As others have said though, I just want to be on the ship :3dglasses

I got my email confirmation yesterday. Same info.

So excited for this opportunity.

Boarding time: whenever they tell me!
Dining time: whenever they say!
Stateroom: whereever they put me!
Dining Rotation: anywhere with food!
How high to jump: whatever I am told!

Thank you Mickey for this treat! :sail:

Ditto! Thank you Mickey for this treat.:cool1::cool1: I am beyond excited. I also got the confirmation letter yesterday morning. My reservation is also listed on the Castaway site. I booked parasailing and a facial last night. I can't wait. I tried on my red dress for dinner this morning - my husband said, "Don't tell me you are already packed?" Well, partially - need to wait to see what the weather will be. Hopefully it'll be nice and warm so we can wear shorts and tops. 21 days and we'll be boarding!

I haven't gotten any sort of confirmation, but I did just email DCL and had them link my reservation with the CC #.

I got the following response:
Thank you for choosing another Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

Per your request, I have added yours and Eric’s Castaway Club numbers to your reservation.

I am unsure if your upcoming cruise, which is the Boys & Girls Club Benefit Cruise on January 21, 2011, will count towards your membership.

Therefore, please contact the WDW Special Events Team at 888-885-3700 for additional assistance regarding your special cruise on the Disney Dream in January.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Have a Magical Day!

I haven't gotten any sort of confirmation, but I did just email DCL and had them link my reservation with the CC #.

I got the following response:
Thank you for choosing another Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

Per your request, I have added yours and Eric’s Castaway Club numbers to your reservation.

I am unsure if your upcoming cruise, which is the Boys & Girls Club Benefit Cruise on January 21, 2011, will count towards your membership.

Therefore, please contact the WDW Special Events Team at 888-885-3700 for additional assistance regarding your special cruise on the Disney Dream in January.

I hope this information has been helpful.

Have a Magical Day!

Thank you for posting this! It's definitely making things MUCH clearer. I provided the Castaway #s when I booked, but he didn't apply them it seems (I guess since it doesn't count?). So, because the numbers aren't on the reservation, I guess it makes sense that it isn't showing up on our Castaway Club page. :)

Wow I was on the cruise site checking out the dream and some of the videos are awesome. My daughter is fascinated with the teen club Vibe. It is so much bigger than the Vibe (Stack) on the Magic and has its own deck area. I hope most of the areas are open for the cruise. I'd love to see them all. I am really getting excited now! :dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2::yay::cheer2::cheer2::dance3::dance3:

Found this article online...

Forty-five children from Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida found out this month that they will be taking the trip of a lifetime next month when they board Disney Cruise Line’s newest ship, the Disney Dream.

The two-night cruise, which leaves Port Canaveral on Jan. 21, is an invitation-only event before the ship’s maiden voyage on Jan. 26. In addition to the very excited younger passengers, supporters and community leaders will be among the first to sail on the Dream during the benefit event. Their cruise fares will be donated directly to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida.

The children and 24 of their parents and caregivers will be able to experience the same amenities as future passengers, including the AquaDuck, DCL’s new water coaster that takes riders out over the side of the ship.

The Dream has two large kids’ play areas dedicated to ages 3 to 10, the Oceaneer Club and the Oceaneer Lab. The Club features four themed sections — the Explorer Pod, Andy’s Room, Monster’s Academy and Pixie Hollow —that center around a Magic PlayFloor in the hub. (You can read more about the sections here and about the storytelling and gaming floor here.) The Lab has five themed sections — the Media Room, Animator’s Studio, The Wheelhouse, Sound Studio and Craft Studio. Plus, the Lab serves as starting point for a ship-wide quest game.

The preview cruise will make a stop at Disney Cruise Line’s private island, Castaway Cay. Renovations and expansions marked 2010 as DCL prepared the island to accommodate the 4,000 passengers from its largest ship to date. Guests will find an expanded family beach with private cabanas for rent; Pelican Plunge water slides; Spring-A-Leak splash pad; Cookies Too, a second restaurant serving complimentary lunch; Hide Out, the new teen beach; and additions to Scuttle’s Cove, the supervised children’s activity center.

Disney Cruise Line President Karl Holz and Mickey Mouse made the announcement at the Walt Disney World Clubhouse of the Pine Hills Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida.

So....looks like we are going to CC.

MJ

Found this article online...

The preview cruise will make a stop at Disney Cruise Line’s private island, Castaway Cay. Renovations and expansions marked 2010 as DCL prepared the island to accommodate the 4,000 passengers from its largest ship to date. Guests will find an expanded family beach with private cabanas for rent; Pelican Plunge water slides; Spring-A-Leak splash pad; Cookies Too, a second restaurant serving complimentary lunch; Hide Out, the new teen beach; and additions to Scuttle’s Cove, the supervised children’s activity center.

Disney Cruise Line President Karl Holz and Mickey Mouse made the announcement at the Walt Disney World Clubhouse of the Pine Hills Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida.

So....looks like we are going to CC.

MJ

Thanks for confirming :)

Hi all

Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year

Won't be long now until we are sitting on the deck of the Dream :cool1::cool1:

I have all my door magnets ready and have started a pile of stuff that has to go.

Did weather keep you from getting there? Yep...these are pics mostly of all the new things down the far end of the beach....the new cabanas, spring a leak and pelican plunge.

There is also a new food service place called Cookies 2.

MJ

Unfortunately yes. First time, it ended up being a nice day. Second time we weren't as lucky. Ended up being a cold rainy day.

I miss the island!! Never knew how much I liked it until I wasn't able to see it :rolleyes1

And !

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

I got my confirmation email as well. And I want to double check if we need passports or not, thanks!

I got my confirmation email as well. And I want to double check if we need passports or not, thanks!

I spoke too soon the other day. I got the confirmation email on 12/31.

You don't need a passport, but you will need a birth certificate and ID.

I just finished laminating and printing and cutting all the magnets for 5 doors- 10 people :scared1: for this cruise!!! Next thing we are doing is tshirts!! Can't wait:cool1:

I'll be headed down to Port Canaveral with the Magic Backstage thing on tuesday EARLY EARLY morning!!! I can't wait to wave in the dream when she arrives to FL for the first time!! WOOO HOOOOO!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter