Disney Dream January 21-23 2011

Ditto on that, Sorahana! My card was charged last week, too but I haven't gotten any information, yet :( I'm so anxious to find out more about this trip than any other one. It must be because this is not a normal cruise and I can't google any information about it :D

I talked to the Cruise Line and the person I spoke with agreed with me about the dress code. She said the information should be in your cruise package that you receive. We will have to wait for our package to verify this. I can't find it on the Cast Member Web site either. I will keep searching.

I know I read it when it was first on the website but has been since removed with the announcement as they were overwhelmed with requests to be on this cruise. I know it said jackets for men and dress/pant suit for women but a nice pair of slacks and nice top will be fine for women. They won't have someone at the door checking to see if your outfit is a true "Pant Suit" or just a top and bottom!!! LOL!!!

MJ

I have to add that is frustrating not being able to get more info about this cruise!!! When I pull up the reservation on line it does not give any info!!! Can't get info anywhere. I guess we are all just so used to being able to Google or look up all the info we want or need!!!

So excited to see what they have in store for us!!

MJ

We def. plan on dressing up for this cruise, like we do any other cruise. I've already got one dress down, and I'm debating if I'll buy a new one or use something else I have, It really depends if I can find something I really like again...:)

Only 24 days until setting sail!! :banana::cool1:

Just got an email from EP. didn't really give any info. Just confirmed we were booked and had paid. I am hoping to get docs sometime this week

I will wear a tutu if they tell me to, just so I can get on the ship
(not a pretty look for me by the way :scared1:)

Just got an email from EP. didn't really give any info. Just confirmed we were booked and had paid. I am hoping to get docs sometime this week

I will wear a tutu if they tell me to, just so I can get on the ship
(not a pretty look for me by the way :scared1:)

Got an email from Walt Disney World Special Events confirming my cruise. I posted this to the person who sent the email: "There is a question on what we need to wear for dinner. I saw on the hub that for this special cruise it was suggested that men wear a shirt and tie with slacks (jackets optional) and women wear either a dress or pants suit. Can you confirm that for me and will this information be in the packet that we receive?" This was her reply back to me: "You’re correct regarding the dress code for the cruise. You’re informational packet should arrive in the next 2 weeks." I have her phone number if anyone needs it. Happy cruising.

:bday: to me

I know I read it when it was first on the website but has been since removed with the announcement as they were overwhelmed with requests to be on this cruise. I know it said jackets for men and dress/pant suit for women but a nice pair of slacks and nice top will be fine for women. They won't have someone at the door checking to see if your outfit is a true "Pant Suit" or just a top and bottom!!! LOL!!!

MJ

I agree on the nice pair of slacks and a nice top. That is what my daughter wore on the 14-day Transatlantic cruise that we took in April and she looked nice. She does not like to wear pants suits or dresses.

I am so confused after reading about temperatures in Castaway Cay in January from google seaches and forum searches. They do say that the temperature will be in the high 70s and the water in the high 60s but I don't know why I keep thinking that it's going to be cold (maybe because we live in Orlando and Castaway Cay doesn't seem that far?).
Anyone in here can suggest what the weather is going to be like? My wife already sent me to the store to buy nice button up sweaters for the kids to wear in the evening. I even wonder if the kids will be able to swim in the pool or if they need to wear wet suits?
We looked at some pictures of previous cruises with the kids last night and they are ready to make more magnets for the doors :)

I am assuming the dress code is knocked up a bit because it is one of the first cruises, and they will be taking lots of photos for promotional things....

As for the weather...you never know! I've swam on Christmas day here in Orlando, yet currently it's 29 degrees! Ya never know!

You're not going to be able to tell what to pack till about a week out, after looking at the weather forcast....

Updated Guest List:
abigaillynn - 2A
ametaldiva - 4A
awise27 - 2A (m_kasch's sister)
Chernabog#1fan - 5A, 2c (joyjanet's daughter)
DammitJim - 2A, 5c
Deb loves Disney - 2A
ducky_love
dvcblt93
grlzmom - 2A, 3T, 3C
joyjanet - 5A, 2c (Chernabog#1fan's mom)
KevieKev05
luv2cruisedisney - 2A, 1T
LWQuestie - 2A
m_kasch - 2A (awise27's sister)
Meredisney - 2A
mmmagic7754 - 2A, 1T
mmouse37 - 2A
nanaguide - 2A, 1c
off_to_neverland - 3A (PaintedRedRoses's mom)
PaintedRedRoses - 3A (off_to_neverland's daughter)
pixiedust519 - 2A
Sccrmnky2005 - 3A, 1T
sixtiesmum - 4A, 2T
Sorahana - 2A
STLUCIELADY - 3A, 2T

I have to add that is frustrating not being able to get more info about this cruise!!! When I pull up the reservation on line it does not give any info!!! Can't get info anywhere. I guess we are all just so used to being able to Google or look up all the info we want or need!!!

So excited to see what they have in store for us!!

MJ

I so agree- I wish they would just put dinner and show times on the booking!

Gah! I was all excited - I had mail from DCL! But it was just my annual DVD I had requested..

Come on cruise packet!!! :cool1:

We'll undertake it :goodvibes We've started on coming up with ideas for bags. Once we have a good idea, we'll post a picture :)

Just post if you'll like to participate and we were thinking of anyone who has items to add to come to our room at 3pm on the first day and we'll put the bags together and then if anyone wants to join in the walk of bags to GS

:wizard:

Good Morning

Have you gotten a good response on FE donations? I have a few Pirate night Bandanas, some color me in puzzles, and I made 10 door magnets.

All dropoffs at your room at 3:00 still on?

I noticed the other day that if I pull up the cruise with my confirmation number and log-in information on the DCL site the itinerary states the following:

Sail Date January 21, 2011
Ship Disney Dream
Ports Port Canaveral, Florida, At Sea, Port Canaveral, Florida

I'm assuming this is just a glitch because we know we are supposed to be going to Castaway Cay and it will allow me to book excursions there!

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this on their reservation details?

It also shows my dining and show times which are the same as what I requested when I made the reservation over the phone. It also says: "Special Requests: Birthday", which I don't remember mentioning (even though my birthday is about two weeks after this cruise)...

Oh well, whatever happens and wherever we go is okay by me as long as I'm on the ship!!! lol :banana:

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

It also shows my dining and show times which are the same as what I requested when I made the reservation over the phone.

Thanks for posting that! For some reason my details don't pull when I am logged in under CC? Odd...

Mine doesn't show us to Castaway either? I'm sure it is just a glitch.

I noticed the other day that if I pull up the cruise with my confirmation number and log-in information on the DCL site the itinerary states the following:

Sail Date January 21, 2011
Ship Disney Dream
Ports Port Canaveral, Florida, At Sea, Port Canaveral, Florida

I'm assuming this is just a glitch because we know we are supposed to be going to Castaway Cay and it will allow me to book excursions there!

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this on their reservation details?

I noticed that this morning on my confirmation as well. We are definitely going to Castaway right? Now that we can't pull up the info on the portal it makes me a little nervous that I'm remembering something wrong? :confused3

Hi Everybody! :wave2:
Sorry to be gone so long. I just got off the Magic this morning from the 11 night Christmas cruise. :santa: I will try to update the original post later today. Need to finish unpacking and sorting out what needs to come on the next cruise. So tired.:coffee: stayed out too late last night with Pub night and all. Disembarkation was a nightmare. They were doing a trial run with the new side that they built to accommodate the extra passengers of the Dream. :scared1:

Good Morning

Have you gotten a good response on FE donations? I have a few Pirate night Bandanas, some color me in puzzles, and I made 10 door magnets.

All dropoffs at your room at 3:00 still on?

Just a few people so far. Hoping to get some more once we post a picture of the bag :) Those sound good :goodvibes

Yep! The dropoff/filling the bags is still at 3pm :D

When checking my ressie for spelling corrections, I too noticed that it now says "at sea" for day 2. But in another spot, it still says Castaway Cay and excursions lists include CC. It does have the dining time and show time.

Since our trip is only 23 days away :yay: , documents in two weeks will be almost time of sailing.

Hope we can find out what shows we will see or whether or not CC is on our itinerary.

When I called DCL to change spelling mistake, they would not even talk to me about any cruise before the "official" inaugural of 1/26. Said they could not even change the spelling for me.

It's all in the hands of the "special event gods" :stir:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter