Disney Dream January 21-23 2011

We were on the May 2009 cruise together ....facebook friends keith higginbotham. Think you remarried in Key West on the cruise.

Yep, we were on the cruise together :)

I didn't even notice any FB friends posts about the Preview cruise! So happy we are going to be on the same cruise again.

It's going to be an exciting trip.

Are you all going down early or staying late?

I try to keep up with DIS threads but too much going on at home.

I thought I read that some people had their ressie for this cruise show up on their cruise list at the DCL site? Mine is not showing up at the castaway club site....I know it does not count towards the total cruises but I thought it would show up in the list.

The first time I had to login under Castaway Club and manually pull up the reservation. After that it started showing on my list. I don't really think we'll get credit but it makes it easier to look at it all the time... :rotfl:

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has heard of the attire for the evenings during this sailing? Do you think there will be a formal night?

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has heard of the attire for the evenings during this sailing? Do you think there will be a formal night?

They would like men to wear dress shirts with ties and slacks (can also include a jacket) and women to wear a dress or pants suit to both dinners for this special cruise. No jeans or shorts for dinner.

I love the idea of dressing like that for both nights... What is your source for this information or do you work for Disney? I just want to make sure it's not a rumor.

I love the idea of dressing like that for both nights... What is your source for this information or do you work for Disney? I just want to make sure it's not a rumor.

It is not a rumor...it was posted on a secure Cast Member website.

MJ

This is the first I'm hearing of this and I'm related to a CM. Are they going to make all of the Guests aware of this? It's not a problem, I actually prefer to dress like that for dinner, but I'm just making sure it's a reliable source.It would be nice if they informed everyone of this.

This is the first I'm hearing of this and I'm related to a CM. Are they going to make all of the Guests aware of this? It's not a problem, I actually prefer to dress like that for dinner, but I'm just making sure it's a reliable source.It would be nice if they informed everyone of this.

I checked our website and unfortunately since the mention of the dress code for dinner was within the announcement of the cruise the newsflash was removed. I thought it was cruise casual which would be no shorts. :confused3

I checked our website and unfortunately since the mention of the dress code for dinner was within the announcement of the cruise the newsflash was removed. I thought it was cruise casual which would be no shorts. :confused3

I talked to the Cruise Line and the person I spoke with agreed with me about the dress code. She said the information should be in your cruise package that you receive. We will have to wait for our package to verify this. I can't find it on the Cast Member Web site either. I will keep searching.

Hello Everyone Hope you have all had a wonderful holiday

My son was very surprised with the cruise and is super excited about going and trying out Aquaduck

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I did the Christmas treasure hunt for my grandson this morning. I had 14 clues with a little present for each clue - like a first aid kit for your adventure, new pajammas for your adventure, Mickey sand shovel, sandals, $10 for the arcade on your adventure, etc., etc. He was convinced his adventure was the beach somewhere. The next to last clue was a blue little duck in the bathtub and the note said, "Can I go on the Aquaduck with you?". He started jumping up and down and when he ran to the last clue and found it was the Disney Cruise Line DVD he went bananas. We are all excited. I also ran off the scavenger hunt for the Disney terminal that was on the boards so I thought he could do that after we check in before we board the Dream to keep the excitement in check.

Will hit the stores tomorrow for half-price candy for the boys/girls club sacks and see what else I can find for them and my FEs. I go to work at 6 a.m. so hopefully everything hasn't been sold by the time I get off.

We had a wonderful Mexican Fiesta today. I'm finishing my last taco. Tomorrow I diet!!!!! Can I get 10 pounds off in 4 weeks? I'll try.

We will be on this sailing. Couldn't mention it before as it was a surprise for my brother and his wife. There are six of us, four adults and two teens. So grateful for this opportunity.

Won't do the FE...so little time and so much ship!

Santa made everyone happy! :santa:

I'm just waiting to see if mom can get off from work, then I can officially be excited!! Her two friends may join us as it's just two of us staying in our room, but we'll see what happens since I'd have to have them added to the room, etc.

EDIT: Mom got off so it'll be a mother/daughter cruise since her friend couldn't get off from work. SO EXCITED!! *points to ticker*

Hope everyone had a great holiday!!! We had house guests all week and they left today before the storm....we already have about 18 inches of snow and it is still supposed to continue throughout the night. Our DD was supposed to fly out to LA tomorrow but changed her flight to Tues...hopefully she get out of NYC then....but it is dicey!!!

Santa was very good to me...got a new MM Dooney & Burke, a FlipVideo (which I can't wait to take with us on the cruise) and a Kindle!!! All in all was a great holiday for all!!!

MJ

Sounds like everyone had a nice holiday! We're getting excited. First, we are spending New Years weekend at Disney Vero Beach so I'm planning for that. They say it will warm up by then. I hope it does. I don't plan on going in the water but it would be nice to sit outside on those rocking chairs.

Ohhh dear... I have to get DH into dress clothes.. :lmao:

He dresses every day for work so he hates that! Oh well, if he wants on the Dream he had better pack "work" clothes. I think I'll wait and let the information packet tell him... :rolleyes1

Ohhh dear... I have to get DH into dress clothes.. :lmao:

He dresses every day for work so he hates that! Oh well, if he wants on the Dream he had better pack "work" clothes. I think I'll wait and let the information packet tell him... :rolleyes1

My mom doesn't have a pants suit, she usually wears dress pants and a nice top if she dresses up, and she said no to a dress :lmao: (she doesn't like how she looks in one, she's in her 50's). Would a nice top and dress pants be ok you think or no?
I'm good to go on dressy wear :thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter