Disney Dream, Jan 15th 2012

That's odd, mine says 2 days as well!! :confused3 Boarding is definitely SUNDAY!! YAY!!!! :cool1:

Where in VA are you? It was beautiful here in Fredericksburg today!!!

WHEWWWWWW!! I'll have to look at my ticker, I sooo thought we were about to be left behind!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

We're in Hampton. It was mid 60's today and very Spring like, beautiful. Although I'm still rethinking the coat issue cuz right now it's CHILLY, and I'm thinking the boat will be the same way! I'll find something. We leave tomorrow morning! Seaworld and DD first, then boat on Sunday - YAAAY!!!

WHEWWWWWW!! I'll have to look at my ticker, I sooo thought we were about to be left behind!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

We're in Hampton. It was mid 60's today and very Spring like, beautiful. Although I'm still rethinking the coat issue cuz right now it's CHILLY, and I'm thinking the boat will be the same way! I'll find something. We leave tomorrow morning! Seaworld and DD first, then boat on Sunday - YAAAY!!!

Our trip is the opposite of yours, Cruise first, then Seaworld Thurs and Friday! You'll have to give us tips for Seaworld! Have a great time!!!

Getting the car packed right now and we should be off to the airport within the hour. It's finally here. 2 days at WDW and then cruising...

See everyone on the ship.

Hey Orca, when you plan on getting on this Ship??? :confused3

My counter says 3 more days, yours says 2... Am I confused?? :lmao: Oh lordy someone please tell me when we're getting on this boat, I would HATE to miss it!!! :rotfl: So I thought it leaves on Sunday, January 15th. Right? Please? Uh-OHHHHHH!!!!!

I know! For some reason, the site I got this ticker from starts counting not from the current day but from the next day. So, we only have 1 FULL day until we're on the ship! I noticed this a while back and kept going back to the site and starting new tickers, thinking maybe I put in the wrong date but it always came out the same. I can't tell you how many dreams I've had of missing the ship somehow so trust me, Sunday is the day! :rotfl:

To everyone traveling down early, have a safe trip and fun times in my home town! ;) Sea World, of course, is a personal favorite of mine ever since I was really little! I, in the meantime, have a birthday party Saturday night for my best friend ... so any last minute stuff to get will be done today. My brother is dropping us off at the port on Sunday; I live only 50 minutes away, so I'll probably be leaving home last of everyone here!

I've also been on antibiotics since Monday and finish my dose tonight, so no worries about catching anything from me. It's a good idea, though, for everybody to make sure to take Airborne at least once a day and make sure to wash your hands as frequently as possible. Who knows who else will board the ship with vacation-crushing germs?

Everyone have their toiletries? Swim suits? Cameras? Batteries? Memory cards? Important documents and ID's? Phone chargers? ... What else ... books? Sun screen? LOL, this is stuff I need to remember, too!

Everyone have their toiletries? Swim suits? Cameras? Batteries? Memory cards? Important documents and ID's? Phone chargers? ... What else ... books? Sun screen? LOL, this is stuff I need to remember, too!

I always forget PJs so I packed those first this time (too many room service people unable to work after the shock and horror!)

Wishing everyone safe travels! We are runnin out to drop off our pup tomorrow & finishing up on last minute stuff. I always seem to forget something. :rolleyes1

See you all at the meet! :goodvibes

We made it to Orlando! Did Rainforest cafe for dinner and a little DD. :) kids got a little scared of the animals at Rainforest, and DD wasn't as exciting a I thought it would be, but the kids had fun!

And oh boy did we almost have a serious luggage snafu! DH forgot the Garmet bag with ALL our dressed and formal wear at the house!! Good thing we only live 10 min from the Airport, and we arrived in plenty of time. He was able to run back to the house and grab it, an get back to the airport with enought time to spare to get thru security. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS Williamsburg Airport is SO small and security takes 2 seconds (literally) to get thru!

Car is packed, kids are sleeping! We are leaving around 4 am Saturday morning for the 13 hour drive! We usually drive through the night so the kids can sleep on the way, but with MIL along this time, that was out of the question! I'm off to try to catch a couple of hours of sleep!

Safe travels to everyone, and we will see you all onboard!!! :banana:

Long night/day of traveling down from Alaska for us yesterday. A delayed flight could have caused us serious problems but luckily it was resolved quickly. Staying at Coronado springs, bus picking us up at 12.15pm to take us to the ship!

Got home around 10:15 AM this morning! So depressed to be home :sad1: The cruise was amazing and everything I thought it would be and more. My parents feel the same exact way. We booked a Fantasy cruise for next year on board, but it's a crazy amount of money. Since I anticipate teaching next year, I will only be able to go during the peak times. My mother is thinking hard about cancelling to get our deposit refunded because she does not want to pay interest on it. However, we're still on the fence since we can change the date/itinerary until April of next year; if something cheaper pops that we can do, no doubt we'll jump on it. Regardless, we cannot wait to sail with Disney again. Whether it's next year or 5 years, we will definitely be back as soon as finances allow. We want my brother and his family to join us, and they're platinum with Carnival and used to paying what we did on the Dream for a 7 night Carnival in the same category. Needless to say, it's going to take a big discount to convince them to book no matter how much they believe us that Disney is worth it.

I'm sorry I missed the meet! I was so excited to see the ship and in such complete awe that I completely forgot about it until it was too late. I know I definitely met Paragd911 and Bingo, and it was lovely chatting with you! As you can tell, we definitely experienced the difference and were blown away! I hope everyone had as fantastic a time as I did! Depressed that it's over but hopeful I'll be back again someday! :angel:

I'm sorry I missed the meet! I was so excited to see the ship and in such complete awe that I completely forgot about it until it was too late. I know I definitely met Paragd911 and Bingo, and it was lovely chatting with you! As you can tell, we definitely experienced the difference and were blown away! I hope everyone had as fantastic a time as I did! Depressed that it's over but hopeful I'll be back again someday! :angel:

You definitely missed meeting some great people! I'm sorry you missed it and hope we can meet on a future cruise.

My highlights, in no particular order:
1) the meet (DD met some great kids and we met some great parents)
2) Oceaneer's Club/Lab - gave DW and I some time to relax and DD loved every minute of it
3) sleep - a rare commodity for me. Unfortunately, it coincided with Pirate Party and fireworks (next time...)
4) Bingo - the dog that is. I never thought I could do it but I resisted petting the whole cruise!
5) DD saying "remember Dad, it's not about the cruising, it's about the magic."
6) DD's excitement whenever there was something in the FE when we went back to the room.
7) Castaway Cay - never wanted to leave.
8) photos - seeing DD's smile.
9) really, just about everything on the cruise was great. I often find it too easy to complain about something but the crew really made hard to grouse about anything (except the scrambled "eggs" on the last morning - what the heck was that stuff?)
10) getting home - despite the cruise/vacation coming to an end, it's nice to be home.

As MM would say "see ya real soon."

You definitely missed meeting some great people! I'm sorry you missed it and hope we can meet on a future cruise.

My highlights, in no particular order:
1) the meet (DD met some great kids and we met some great parents)
2) Oceaneer's Club/Lab - gave DW and I some time to relax and DD loved every minute of it
3) sleep - a rare commodity for me. Unfortunately, it coincided with Pirate Party and fireworks (next time...)
4) Bingo - the dog that is. I never thought I could do it but I resisted petting the whole cruise!
5) DD saying "remember Dad, it's not about the cruising, it's about the magic."
6) DD's excitement whenever there was something in the FE when we went back to the room.
7) Castaway Cay - never wanted to leave.
8) photos - seeing DD's smile.
9) really, just about everything on the cruise was great. I often find it too easy to complain about something but the crew really made hard to grouse about anything (except the scrambled "eggs" on the last morning - what the heck was that stuff?)
10) getting home - despite the cruise/vacation coming to an end, it's nice to be home.

As MM would say "see ya real soon."

Are you my husband?!?!?! :lmao: He also missed the Pirate Party and fireworks cuz the cruise caught up to him.. Lol said he was going to lay down for an hour - we found him in the hallway on our way back to the room at midnite! :)

We also missed the meet which I'm terribly disappointed about. But my 3 crazy kids INSISTED on going swimming! Lol We were on the ship at 12, spent time in the Kids clubs so they could get familiar with them, then we ate lunch at Enchanted Garden, and when we finally got to our room about 1:30 and they saw our luggage already at our stateroom, the first thing they did was strip and put their suits on! We barely, and I mean BARELY, made it to the lifeboat drill.

We saw Bingo a few times as well. It was difficult to keep the kids from petting him, but a few stern words and some explanations seemed to satiate them so that the next encounters weren't as difficult to keep little hands away from.. He is a very sweet dog though, as are his owners. :)

The food was AMAZING. Though Palo's rack of lamb looked very similiar to the rack of lamb served in Royal Palace.. Lol none the less it was good all the same. Wasn't impressed with Palo's chocolate souffle, it tasted like Lava cake to me.. LOVED their Strawberry Basil Sorbet though, THAT was unbelievable!

The only morning we ate breakfast at Cabana's was Castaway Cay day, and that was only cuz we missed the RP hours. It wasn't to bad for a buffet, but I definetly enjoyed RP for breakfast, if only for the outstanding service we received. It was almost better than our dinner service! Andre and Jay did an amazing job entertaining the kids, making Minnie Bows, flowers, doing majic tricks... LOVED those two and wish they were our dinner servers. Though our Dinner servers were awesome as well, I just liked how kid oriented Andre and Jay were..

I was absolutely FLOORED by the sanitation standards on that ship. Almost to a fault, but I can understand where Disney is coming from. And the Customer Service was just as amazing. That cruise has absolutely spoiled me, I didn't even want to come back after being treated like THAT for 4 days! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter