Disney Dream, Jan 15th 2012

I took the entire week off of work so I could pack!! Lol :rotfl2:

And I'm STRESSING over WHAT to pack! This isn't helping! lol

Who is eating at Palo? And WHAT are you wearing?? I have a mermaid style red satin evening gown that I chose to wear, becuase I NEVER dress up and I know DH will appreciate it. We have a 6p.m. reservation on Sea day, so hopefully we will have a lovely sunset view while we dine. :)

Okay, as for packing, here's my PLAN anyways:

- No shorts (We're in VA, and weather isn't MUCH colder, we don't wear shorts now, so none for the ship)
- 1 sweater for everyone, just in case
- all khakis for my son, otherwise he'll only wear jeans.. Lol
- probably 7 outfits for each of the kids, just in case of stain or whatever
- swimsuits (my crazy kids will swim at Castaway cay)
- Beach Blanket and cover ups
- My formal wear, DH's Formal attire (I Still need to BUY it!)

Oh boy.. I'm in TROUBLE! I probably need to start putting this stuff together.

What is everyone bringing to be signed?? I have the 3" vinylmations, I was also going to bring some Photo mats and scrapbook pages... How much are we allowed to drop off at Customer Service? Since I have 3 kids, my plan was for 1 each of the above items.. 1 photo mat, 1 scrapbook page and 1 vinylmation each, but that's a total of 9 items.

Can't wait to see everyone on the ship! I can't even believe that it's almost our turn!!! :woohoo::woohoo::banana::yay::yay::cool1::cool1::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I have a mermaid style red satin evening gown that I chose to wear

Red, satin, mermaid-style...:worship: DH won't be the only one! :rotfl:

(Please ask DH to not beat me up for that!)

Coming from Canada, it looks like it will be about 40-45deg (~20deg C) warmer next week than it is here - shorts for us :love:

We will no doubt be waaay over-packed, baggage fees be darned!

Long dresses/tux and suits every night for dinner - thought it would make it special for DD to dress up and go out like DW & DH do.

Usually, my week before vacation drags on and on, and my bags are all packed and set aside. This time around, everything is opposite! The week is flying by with nutty schedules, and I have yet to pack a stitch of clothes. Luckily, DH packed his bag already, so it's just DD & my bags that I will get to...hopefully Friday. Since we booked so late, we still haven't received our docs yet...I think once I get them, I'll feel complete and get in gear to pack!

BTW - how many of us are doing the FE? I have a total of 24 so I want to make sure that was going to be enough.

So, the meet up is at 3 if the drill is at 4pm and vice versa, right? Looking forward to meeting everyone! :yay::yay:

Red, satin, mermaid-style...:worship: DH won't be the only one! :rotfl:

(Please ask DH to not beat me up for that!)

Lol :lmao: We'll see but somehow I doubt it! :)

Long dresses/tux and suits every night for dinner - thought it would make it special for DD to dress up and go out like DW & DH do.

I didn't think about that. I got my girls each princess dresses that are absolutely DARLING, but didn't think about dressing up every night for dinner. We are wearing DRESSES, just not evening gowns every night. And DS... yea, to get him out of jeans will be a miracle in itself! :confused3

BTW - how many of us are doing the FE? I have a total of 24 so I want to make sure that was going to be enough.

So, the meet up is at 3 if the drill is at 4pm and vice versa, right? Looking forward to meeting everyone! :yay::yay:

You probably counted from an early list (or 7) that I screwed up. This is the final (including yours): 15 - 9 girls, 5 boys, 1 service dog

spiify - DS1.5 DS 3.5
mandydiane - DD6 -9176
pooh24 - DD5 DS8 DD10 -5509/11
paragd911 - SD"Bingo" - 9170
hbensel - DD5 DD10
gemini mum - DS4 DD7 DS9 DD11
QJ411 - DD6 - 8014
gohabsgo - DD5 - 9620

New count:
DD- 9
DS- 5
SD- 1

(Can't promise everyone will catch the addition of yours - I seem to remember some are on extended vacations and I don't know whether they're able to access this list)

PS I'll have copies of this list with cabin numbers for the meet.
PPS 3 or 4 is correct - I just hope it works!
PPPS I'll try to PM the ones without cabin numbers listed (probably should have tried that sooner...)

(Can't promise everyone will catch the addition of yours - I seem to remember some are on extended vacations and I don't know whether they're able to access this list)

No worries at all - thanks for including us! :goodvibes

You probably counted from an early list (or 7) that I screwed up. This is the final (including yours): 15 - 9 girls, 5 boys, 1 service dog

spiify - DS1.5 DS 3.5
mandydiane - DD6 -9176
pooh24 - DD5 DS8 DD10 -5509/11
paragd911 - SD"Bingo" - 9170
hbensel - DD5 DD10
gemini mum - DS4 DD7 DS9 DD11
QJ411 - DD6 - 8014
gohabsgo - DD5 - 9620

New count:
DD- 9
DS- 5
SD- 1

PS I'll have copies of this list with cabin numbers for the meet.
PPS 3 or 4 is correct - I just hope it works!
PPPS I'll try to PM the ones without cabin numbers listed (probably should have tried that sooner...)

Oooo I forgot about Bingo! What kind of treats can Bingo have?? Even though we're not participating, my kids would love love LOVE to bring Bingo some treats if it's ok. And I KNOW they're going to go NUTS seeing a doggy on the boat! Lol

Oooo I forgot about Bingo! What kind of treats can Bingo have?? Even though we're not participating, my kids would love love LOVE to bring Bingo some treats if it's ok. And I KNOW they're going to go NUTS seeing a doggy on the boat! Lol

Here's what was said about Bingo earlier:

Because people will ask about Bingo.

Normally I let "little kids" & other folks in wheelchairs pet him. But when its a ship Full of kids i don't let anyone.

He works for the "petting" that i give him. If i let everyone pet him, He wont work for me. (sorry)

I'm a trainer of Service dogs.

For FE "gifts" Toys are always good lol. He cant have "food" of any type. (his tummy)

But i know a Dog that you can pet. I have a photo of me petting him. :goodvibes:goodvibes

IMG_0773.jpg

Just an FYI that we're expecting a cold front this weekend. It'll be in the mid 40's Saturday night and a high of 66 on Sunday by 5 pm. Jeans and a hoody will be a must on deck! I'll save the Aquaduck for a day more south!

I'd be happy with the 66. It was 27 here this morning:rotfl:

Almost all packed. Leaving ISP saturday morning and I can't wait. I am also looking forward to meeting everyone. Is anyone else doing a B2B?

We'll definitely know who's from up north, 'cause that's jacket weather here! It's also going to be mid-70's in Nassau and Castaway Cay; might be chilly for swimming so I better practice my polar bear swim! :rotfl2:

I have to work 3-11 all week and on Firday which was my day off I am now working 3-7pm and we have an 8am flight. Going to color the hair tomorrow and pedi on Friday am and then pack when I get home at 8pm. Looking forward to our night at Vero too.

Do we have a semi-formal night? I'm starting to pack today and I'm wondering if I should include something a little dressier than the standard "cruise casual". If we do, which night is it? I know Pirate Night is on our Castaway day.

TWO FULL DAYS, PEOPLE. Two full days. :banana::banana::banana:

Do we have a semi-formal night? I'm starting to pack today and I'm wondering if I should include something a little dressier than the standard "cruise casual". If we do, which night is it? I know Pirate Night is on our Castaway day.

TWO FULL DAYS, PEOPLE. Two full days. :banana::banana::banana:

The last night is listed as "optional dress up night", which I take as being anything from tuxes and long dresses to t-shirts without Call to Duty graphics.

My daughter will be wearing her dress and I am doing a blazer and tie, if that helps.

I'd be happy with the 66. It was 27 here this morning:rotfl:

Almost all packed. Leaving ISP saturday morning and I can't wait. I am also looking forward to meeting everyone. Is anyone else doing a B2B?

If you are on the 1055 flight, I will be the one on the aisle near row 9 with the two bloody marys and a very relieved look on his face.

The last night is listed as "optional dress up night", which I take as being anything from tuxes and long dresses to t-shirts without Call to Duty graphics.

My daughter will be wearing her dress and I am doing a blazer and tie, if that helps.

Cool! Thanks!

We'll definitely know who's from up north, 'cause that's jacket weather here! It's also going to be mid-70's in Nassau and Castaway Cay; might be chilly for swimming so I better practice my polar bear swim! :rotfl2:

You said that and I started worrying I needed to go get a 'light' jacket. I have a winter jacket and eh... NOTHING! Lol

But it's 63 here today (Virginny) and it's BEAUTIFUL. So 70's we should be SET. But I've packed everything from shorts/flip flops to long sleeved thermals and lined pants for the kids.. :rotfl: And LOTS of light long sleeved clothes for me cuz well, I'm usually COLD..

We have a TON of clothes, for 7 days, for 5 people. Anyone need anything extra or forget something?? Hit me up I'll probably have what you need! :lmao:

Hey Orca, when you plan on getting on this Ship??? :confused3

My counter says 3 more days, yours says 2... Am I confused?? :lmao: Oh lordy someone please tell me when we're getting on this boat, I would HATE to miss it!!! :rotfl: So I thought it leaves on Sunday, January 15th. Right? Please? Uh-OHHHHHH!!!!!

:thumbsup2 Love this!! LOL! My girls have fancy dresses, DH will be in black slacks and a nice button up (but no Jacket or tie), and I have a simple black cotton dress. No formal wear for us this time!

Hey Orca, when you plan on getting on this Ship??? :confused3

My counter says 3 more days, yours says 2... Am I confused?? :lmao: Oh lordy someone please tell me when we're getting on this boat, I would HATE to miss it!!! :rotfl: So I thought it leaves on Sunday, January 15th. Right? Please? Uh-OHHHHHH!!!!!

That's odd, mine says 2 days as well!! :confused3 Boarding is definitely SUNDAY!! YAY!!!! :cool1:

Where in VA are you? It was beautiful here in Fredericksburg today!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter