• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream Inaugural Cruise 1/26/2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called DCL to ask if there was going to be a 'Formal' night on the cruise. The CM put me on hold, then came back and said 'no'. We've never been on a 'short' cruise before, is this normal for DCL?

Andy

My husband and I did the exact same cruise in May and there was a 'dress up' night. He wore a suit and tie, and I wore dress slacks and a suit jacket. A lot of people were really dressed up, but there were also people that were wearing 'cruise casual'. Mickey and Minnie were dressed up that night as well. Being that it's the maiden voyage, we're planning on dressing fancy that night--3 piece suit for my husband and dress for me. :cool1:

Bats - sounds good to me! We'll order the cheese tray too :thumbsup2

Here's hoping and praying for good weather to enjoy our balconies! Last time we had a balcony room (in 2003) it was in the 40's and windy, too cold to enjoy it :eek:

Only a few weeks to go. Can't wait :banana:

Merry Christmas, everyone. Lin

We didn't get an upgrade either. I booked on the first day as well and was happy to get connecting 11A's. I wanted to have the virtual porthole! I have a verandah for the Christening and the three night media cruise right before the maiden voyage. It will be nice to experience a different type. I can’t believe it is coming up so soon! I am really looking for to having 9 nights on the Dream in January!

GTY and we got our stateroom! #7675... still have the magical inside porthole :goodvibes I thought we'd have a chance at an upgrade since we booked on day 1, but... no luck! That's ok. We still have our virtual porthole!
Yeah! And it's your birthday too...should be worth a 2 or 3 level upgrade!

But sure glad you'll be there!

Just a bump to get us back on page one - and to admire how small the number is on my ticker for the cruise! :lovestruc

HI FOLKS
large group of cruisers I seem to know????????????????????

well we will not be on this cruise HOW EVER anyone staying on for the second one
we will be cruising with you
needed something for CHRISTMAS and this worked for me.

SO everyone have a GREAT CRUISE and leave the SHIP in GOOD condition for us

garRy

And the snow has come back to the UK .. best it be gone by the 24th January when we fly out!!

What do you all think the weather will be like? We've never been to Florida in January. Please let it be warm :cool1:

HI FOLKS
large group of cruisers I seem to know????????????????????

well we will not be on this cruise HOW EVER anyone staying on for the second one
we will be cruising with you
needed something for CHRISTMAS and this worked for me.

SO everyone have a GREAT CRUISE and leave the SHIP in GOOD condition for us

garRy

Do you know what cabin you have Garry?

Just booked Remy's for the wife (blueflame0) and I (at least, she will be my wife of two days when we dine!) for the first night. It just so happens that we will be going to Victoria and Albert's Queen Victoria's Room the night before. Not a bad couple of dinners.

Just booked Remy's for the wife (blueflame0) and I (at least, she will be my wife of two days when we dine!) for the first night. It just so happens that we will be going to Victoria and Albert's Queen Victoria's Room the night before. Not a bad couple of dinners.

Congrats!

I don't know what I am more excited about - Christmas?:santa: or the Cruise?:boat:

Hope you all :grouphug: have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS:santa: and I KNOW you will have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!:dance3:

Can't wait to meet new friends and see old friends:grouphug:.

Jeanne alias Disney Dudette Two:earsgirl::earsgirl:

I can't wait. The week of the cruise is going to be amazing! Monday - wedding, Tuesday - V&A Queen Victoria's Room, Wednesday - this cruise and Remy's. :cool1:

OK, so I requested an early dining time, but I am curious;

a. How do I know if that is the dining time we got?
b. When can I find out what 'rotation' I am on? As in, what restaurant what night?

Are these things I don't find out until the day we depart?

:thumbsup2 Hi All,
Just received a call from Disney Cruise Line, one of their elves advised me that I have been upgraded from a virtual porthole room on deck 2 to an oceanview on deck 6:banana::worship::cool1:... :santa: There still seems to be alittle magic in that old top hat...:wizard:
Since I started out with GTY status now this my second room assignment, with a little luck hopefully there will be other upgrades for the rest of you folks...
have a great weekend..
gg

OK, so I requested an early dining time, but I am curious;

a. How do I know if that is the dining time we got?
b. When can I find out what 'rotation' I am on? As in, what restaurant what night?

Are these things I don't find out until the day we depart?

Hi,
Question number one: log on to Disney Cruise Line and look up your reservation number, it should tell you what dining time (1st or 2nd) your seated at..

Question two: you won't know your rotation until you check check in and it will be on your cabin card, with your table number...
hope this helps :confused3
gg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter