• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream has switched to pump bottles for H2O pruducts

So they do not appear to be attached in any way like they are at the hotels. What is stopping anyone from taking the entire bottles at the end of the cruise? Not condoning it just pointing it out.
I am asking the same thing, for a friend.

If they start disappearing, I 100% see them being attached in the near future. And a hefty charge if removed before they get them attached. (Apparently on Celebrity people steal the extra roll of TP in the cabins to the point that the stateroom hosts have started removing the extra rolls from the cabins at some point on the final day per cruise critic!)

As for glass, I highly doubt they are putting anything glass that can be picked up in the bathroom like that. One picked up bottle dropped, glass shards everywhere... HUGE liability.

Funny, I was just thinking about this this week as we plan to sail with Carnival, RCCL and celebrity within the next 10 months. I noticed that most cruise lines don't seem to give out bottles anymore and I was wondering if DCL was going to stop doing it too. I just got my answer.

If they start disappearing, I 100% see them being attached in the near future. And a hefty charge if removed before they get them attached. (Apparently on Celebrity people steal the extra roll of TP in the cabins to the point that the stateroom hosts have started removing the extra rolls from the cabins at some point on the final day per cruise critic!)

As for glass, I highly doubt they are putting anything glass that can be picked up in the bathroom like that. One picked up bottle dropped, glass shards everywhere... HUGE liability.

I can't imagine why anybody would steal cruise ship toilet paper. They use the paper they need to because it's the best for the plumbing systems on the ship, but it certainly not that comfy stuff we use at home!

I can't imagine why anybody would steal cruise ship toilet paper. They use the paper they need to because it's the best for the plumbing systems on the ship, but it certainly not that comfy stuff we use at home!

I agree 100%! It seemed weird, but multiple people said they'd get back to their cabin that afternoon and only what was actually on the roll was left and that the stateroom hosts had bags with the other extra rolls in them. And a couple of people reported having encountered "older couples" (their words) who had the wrapped rolls in their bags before. Crazy! You can afford a cruise but not toilet paper??

I was on the Wonder 2 weeks ago and there is now a little card on the dresser in your cabinet. I was confused by this, but it’s starting to make sense now....

Attachments

• B2DA1035-90F7-4C79-9735-942C744B5BEE.jpeg
    B2DA1035-90F7-4C79-9735-942C744B5BEE.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 384

Last trip, my daughter actually dropped one of the glasses (that are provided in the main cabin) in the bathroom - shattered everywhere, cut her hand pretty good (we got to experience the onboard medical center...), etc. Disney had some sort of special "team" come in to clean it up, they had to do an investigation on the cause of the injury, etc. I get the impression that they are used to dealing with things like that, but I can't imagine they'd want to have to deal with this more than necessary!

The only way I can imagine them using glass bottles is if they're attached in some sort of "cage", which would then become a mildew magnet...

Do they still have the h20 lotion in small bottles? I actually don't care for the shampoo and conditioner, but I LOVE the hand lotion. The hair products good but don't work very well with my hair. I would probably use the body wash in the larger containers though.

Do they still have the h20 lotion in small bottles? I actually don't care for the shampoo and conditioner, but I LOVE the hand lotion. The hair products good but don't work very well with my hair. I would probably use the body wash in the larger containers though.

Same for me. The shampoo/conditioner don’t work with my thin hair, but love the lotion.

Last trip, my daughter actually dropped one of the glasses (that are provided in the main cabin) in the bathroom - shattered everywhere, cut her hand pretty good (we got to experience the onboard medical center...), etc. Disney had some sort of special "team" come in to clean it up, they had to do an investigation on the cause of the injury, etc. I get the impression that they are used to dealing with things like that, but I can't imagine they'd want to have to deal with this more than necessary!

The only way I can imagine them using glass bottles is if they're attached in some sort of "cage", which would then become a mildew magnet...

Oh I have no doubt that they CAN deal with it. But like you said, they don't want to create the probability of having to do it any more than necessary!

(This past summer on RCCL while cruising to Greece, in the evening (probably 10:30-11?) my friend and I were getting ready for bed and she barely bumped the table and accidentally knocked a wine glass to the floor and it shattered. It was one of those "hit just right and the glass fell just right" things. We hit the housekeeping button on the phone - which seemed to go directly to OUR host as she said she was off duty but would get someone to come up immediately - and within 2 minutes, one of the housekeeping staff knocked on the door and identified himself and told us not to move from where we were. He came in and cleaned and thoroughly (we're talking moving the beds and luggage and everything) vacuumed the cabin. So yeah - cruise lines do take broken glass seriously.)

Hopefully they will sell reusable bottles in the gift shop for $1 that I can use to empty the remaining shampoo and take it home.

I saw they were not attached as well. I wonder if it is now a one of each of the new bottles per cruise VS 3 of the mini bottles we would go through.
They probably expect people to take them. If their refillable and attached to walls. It wouldn’t be sanitary for them to used on multiple cruises with different passengers.

Far better for the environment - although we will miss bringing home a free of the mini bottles as souvenirs. As above, I do hope that a bar of soap is included as well.

I like that they are cutting down on the use of plastic bottles. However, I am very concerned at how unsanitary this could be. Unfortunately, if they are just screw on tops and they are reused cruise to cruise....anyone could add anything to the bottles.

We too will now plan to bring our own. The potential risk is not worth it to our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter