Disney Dream Feb 6, 2017 4 night Bahamian cruise (Port Canaveral)

mernin

DIS Veteran
I didn't see a thread for our cruise so I thought I'd kick it off.

This will be our first cruise and I am super excited! It will be me, my husband (who isn't excited) and 2 daughters (will be 9 & 4). My husband is a firm ground lover, but said yes to the cruise because I've been bugging him for a long time to try a cruise. We thought a 4 day was just about right to give cruising a try and to change my husbands mind!

Who's joining us?

Hi,
I'm really excited too!!! It will bem my frist cruise and I'll travel with my daughter, 10 years old, my 6 years old son , my best friend Vivian and her 13 years old son. I'm daydreaming with this. We're brazilian and we decided that Disney Cruise would be the best choise to do our frist cruise.
Please tell me if your familly and you will be part of a Fish Extender group.
Best,
Carla

Please tell me if your familly and you will be part of a Fish Extender group.

Yay for another cruiser!
I don't know if we'll do a fish extender at this point. My guess is no but that could always change!

You have plenty of time to make this call. Generally a good time to start sign ups is about 6 months out. Unfortunately, if you start sign ups as soon as the Cruise Meet thread gets set up, you'll find many people saying "I want in" and then never show up again, or cancel. 6 months is a good lead time to be sure people are truly interested in participating in Fish Extender exchanges.

Until then, just use the Cruise Meet thread to discuss whatever other aspects you want about your upcoming cruise.

Last edited:

My husband and I are booked for this, and then the Feb 11-18 on the Fantasy (a pseudo back-to-back). We're not 100% sure we can swing this too though (family, life, PTO time, etc.), so no FE or anything for us, but wanted to at least be part of the FB group in case we can make it happen!

This will be my husband and I's 4th Disney cruise together, but first time for us both on the Dream.

We are taking our family on our first cruise together as well! I personally have done a 3 night DCL before as part of a Travel Agent Education Program. However my children and hubby have never been. We're surprising them with this as their Christmas present this year. YAY! We have 4 children ages 14, 12, 9, and 5 at time of cruise. My mom and her cousin are also joining us. As well as two other families with children. We are so excited!

My husband and I are booked for this, and then the Feb 11-18 on the Fantasy (a pseudo back-to-back). We're not 100% sure we can swing this too though (family, life, PTO time, etc.), so no FE or anything for us, but wanted to at least be part of the FB group in case we can make it happen!

This will be my husband and I's 4th Disney cruise together, but first time for us both on the Dream.
Welcome!! Hopefully you'll be able to join us!

Hi! We're booked on the Dream 2/6/17 cruise for my birthday 2/8! It's me, my husband, and our two boys, who will be 8 and 11 at cruise time!
Welcome!! What a perfect way to celebrate your birthday!

We are taking our family on our first cruise together as well! I personally have done a 3 night DCL before as part of a Travel Agent Education Program. However my children and hubby have never been. We're surprising them with this as their Christmas present this year. YAY! We have 4 children ages 14, 12, 9, and 5 at time of cruise. My mom and her cousin are also joining us. As well as two other families with children. We are so excited!
Welcome!! That is an awesome surprise! We surprised my girls with a trip to WDW this past December and it was great to see their reaction.

This will be my husband and I's 6th cruise...woohoo GOLD BABY! lol
Coming with us are our firends on their first cruise with their one year old twin girls. Talk about handsful!

Welcome!! You'll have share some wisdom with us (or at least me;)) after 5 cruises in your belt!

This will be our first Disney cruise. I will be traveling with my husband and 2 children. Timothy will be 3 and Annabella will be 5. My husband likes to run and hopes to do the 5k on Castaway Cay. I am not a runner, but would like to jog/walk it because it sounds like a good goal to work toward. I am super excited.

This will be our first Disney cruise. I will be traveling with my husband and 2 children. Timothy will be 3 and Annabella will be 5. My husband likes to run and hopes to do the 5k on Castaway Cay. I am not a runner, but would like to jog/walk it because it sounds like a good goal to work toward. I am super excited.
Welcome!! We are also thinking about doing the 5k. My hubby could do it in his sleep (he is a letter carrier so walks/jogs about 20+kms a day) but I'm not a runner. We'll do it for the experience though. My oldest DD would love to do it too but she won't be 10 yet.

First cruise. DD 8&5, DS 3. Parents coming too - one with ECV. Got adjoining rooms with one being accessible. Score!

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise, but our first on the Disney Dream! We are excited for the kids activities and being on the bigger ship (our first cruise was on the Magic). We are also looking forward to trying the Fish Extenders, is there another board for that? Is there a sign up yet?

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise, but our first on the Disney Dream! We are excited for the kids activities and being on the bigger ship (our first cruise was on the Magic). We are also looking forward to trying the Fish Extenders, is there another board for that? Is there a sign up yet?
Yay...Welcome! I don't know if anyone has organized a fish extender yet. I'm still on the fence if we would join or not.

Hello! We are so excited for our first Disney cruise! I have been on a cruise before, but it will be a first cruise for my DH, and my boys, Ethan 4 and Eli who will be 9 months! The trip is to celebrate my 30th Birthday! Thank you for setting this up! I can't wait for our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter