Disney Dream Dining Questions for 1 Bedroom Suite

Jax

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I am considering booking a 1 bedroom suite on the Disney Dream and I have a few questions regarding dining
- If we chose to dine in our suite, are you only able to order select items off of the MDR menus or do you get the full menu?
- Are you able to pick & choose from different restaurants (appetizer from Enchanted Garden, main course from Royal Palace, etc)
- Is the quality as good as if you were eating in the main dining room?

Also, if requested, how likely is it that we would have a table just for the 2 of us in the MDRs?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sorry I can't help you with ensuite dining, as we only did that once, and I don't remember what menus we were given or what we ordered. But we have always booked a 1BR suite, always requested a table for two, and it has always been granted. In fact, we recently hit our 120 day mark for our next cruises, and I contacted the concierge to put our table for two request in, and it would seem that the concierge has a standing order for our request, after 6 cruises and we didn't even need to ask. We always have late seating, which I suppose helps.

Thanks for the response it is great information :)

I was thinking about late dining, but would that mean that I would have to do the early shows?

Hello,

I am considering booking a 1 bedroom suite on the Disney Dream and I have a few questions regarding dining
- If we chose to dine in our suite, are you only able to order select items off of the MDR menus or do you get the full menu?
- Are you able to pick & choose from different restaurants (appetizer from Enchanted Garden, main course from Royal Palace, etc)
- Is the quality as good as if you were eating in the main dining room?

Also, if requested, how likely is it that we would have a table just for the 2 of us in the MDRs?

Thanks in advance for your help!

From the DCL website under Suites:

Shipboard Services
On your cruise, the benefits of our signature Concierge service are in full effect, beginning with priority check-in and boarding at a dedicated check-in station. Our onboard Concierge team will meet you at a private welcome reception—exclusive to Concierge Guests—and will be available to attend to your needs, questions and special requests. Enjoy assistance with:
Reservations (shore excursions, Palo dining, spa treatments and nursery stay)

In-suite dining from any of our rotation restaurants
Dining reservation confirmations and changes
Priority tendering in ports of call
Updates to your personal itinerary
Special occasions and celebration planning

The food will be from the Galley's of the MDR's.

And Yes, you would see the early show, then dine in your Stateroom or MDR whichever you chose.

HTH's!

Ex Techie :)

It may work slightly differently on the Dream, but I can let you know how it worked on the Wonder a few weeks ago. I would be surprised if it were any more relaxed, since there are so many more suites. The concierge will give you a sheet with very specific instructions as to how it works. Overall this is one of the best perks of concierge. We used it on the first night when we were all tired, ordered for our kids the night we were going to Palo so they could eat while we were getting ready, and me and my younger son ate in the room one night when he was not having the dining room. It made it so much more relaxing to have this option.

1. You are allowed to order from only one restaurant per night, and it is the same restaurant that you would have been assigned to if eating in the dining rooms. You can order whatever you want from that restaurant, and are given the real menus by the concierge. We never asked to deviate from this, but I suspect if you asked they may try to accommodate you.

2. The food is delivered and presented very nicely, white tableclothes and everything, and I thought it was as of the same quality as in the dining rooms. They even held back dessert and asked us to call when we were ready for it so it didn't get cold/ice cream didn't melt/etc.

3. There is a specific time window to order and have food delivered--pay attention so you don't miss the ordering window. They roughly equate to early or late dining, but you are not restricted to which of the two dining times you have. I believe it was order by 6 to have food delivered around 6:30 or order by 8 to have it delivered around 8:30. We had late dining but ordered early dining for room service once when we had an earlier schedule that day.

Also, don't forget that you can order from the main dining room for breakfast. We did this everyday and it was terrific. Again, nicely presented with full tablecloth/table setting.

What is an appropriate room service gratuity per person for delivery of a meal from one of the MDRs to a suite? Is it a room service CM or a server from the dining room who delivers?

toodles2009 - Thanks for the response, very useful information. Great tip about ordering breakfast too!

DreamGirl90 - Good question... would love to see if anyone can provide us with an answer :)

I am not sure who delivers specifically, but they do set everything up for a nice dinner. I think we gave them 10$ for the two of us. They bring everything at once and do not come back for each course.

What is an appropriate room service gratuity per person for delivery of a meal from one of the MDRs to a suite? Is it a room service CM or a server from the dining room who delivers?

When we have dined in our suite, we have given $5 per person as a gratuity. The room service servers deliver to the cabins. The MDR servers are all working at their assigned stations during dinner.

We just got off the Dream yesterday from a B2B in a 1 bedroom suite. Yes, we are having MAJOR withdrawals!! :sad: Here is our experience with in room dining:
- Concierge asks that everyone order from the same dining room menu. So, you would all order from Royal Palace for example..not some appetizers from Enchanted Garden, entree's from Animator's etc or 1 person from Animator's and 1 from Royal Palace.
- The menus are in the concierge lounge. They ask that you order no later than 6pm. You give your order to concierge and they submit it for you.
- They deliver everything at one time...appetizers, entrees, dessert, etc. If you order a dessert that has ice cream, they put it in the fridge so it doesn't quite melt as fast as if it was sitting out.
- They set up the table in the suite with a table cloth, etc....very nice.
- They quality is the same and the presentation is the same (same plates from the different restaurants), but you obviously do have some issues with your entree not being as warm if you have an appetizer or salad prior to getting to the entree because it is delivered all at one time.

We love the convenience of it and you also can't beat the view from your table!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Great to hear! I was wondering if anyone orders lunch to their suite? I haven't really seen lunch menus so I didn't know if that was done or not. We might like to have lunch on the deck one day.

Another question, is there other options on Castaway Cay day other than the normal room service items?

We just got off the Dream yesterday from a B2B in a 1 bedroom suite. Yes, we are having MAJOR withdrawals!! :sad: Here is our experience with in room dining:
- Concierge asks that everyone order from the same dining room menu. So, you would all order from Royal Palace for example..not some appetizers from Enchanted Garden, entree's from Animator's etc or 1 person from Animator's and 1 from Royal Palace.
- The menus are in the concierge lounge. They ask that you order no later than 6pm. You give your order to concierge and they submit it for you.
- They deliver everything at one time...appetizers, entrees, dessert, etc. If you order a dessert that has ice cream, they put it in the fridge so it doesn't quite melt as fast as if it was sitting out.
- They set up the table in the suite with a table cloth, etc....very nice.
- They quality is the same and the presentation is the same (same plates from the different restaurants), but you obviously do have some issues with your entree not being as warm if you have an appetizer or salad prior to getting to the entree because it is delivered all at one time.

We love the convenience of it and you also can't beat the view from your table!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Great to hear! I was wondering if anyone orders lunch to their suite? I haven't really seen lunch menus so I didn't know if that was done or not. We might like to have lunch on the deck one day.

Another question, is there other options on Castaway Cay day other than the normal room service items?

I don't know about ordering lunch in the suite. We have only ordered breakfast and dinner in the past. We have brought food back to the suite for lunch from Cabanas/Beach Blanket Buffet/Topsiders (buffet on the Dream, Wonder and Magic) a couple of times and had a few late night pizzas in the suite.

Regarding Castaway Cay day lunch options...I just looked at our navigators from last week and lunch on the Dream was only offered at Cabanas, which is a buffet option. I would assume you could do regular room service. We have always been on the island so I can't comment on eating on the ship for lunch. We have had a cabana on the family beach the last 3 cruises. We enjoy bringing lunch back from Cookies and enjoying it in the cabana.

I feel so silly! We were on the Dream in concierge and had no idea you could do this - I assumed the menus were there so you could look and see what was on the menu. We were cruising with a 2-year-old and we so would have done this at least one night...live and learn, I suppose.

I was wondering if anyone orders lunch to their suite? I haven't really seen lunch menus so I didn't know if that was done or not.

Another one today I haven't ever heard asked / answered. DCL site says "dining from our rotational restaurant menus" can be delivered to suites. So if a dining room is open for lunch, serving a sit down order menu / non buffet, I will assume you could order lunch delivered. However I don't know if there is a sit down non buffet lunch available in a dining room.
I look forward to comments on this one. Yes, I'm to lazy tonight to find menus.
:goodvibes

I was looking at some old Navigators and most days both Enchanted Garden and Royal Palace are open for lunch, so I am assuming that at least one of these has to be a menu lunch instead of a buffet. :scratchin

I would also love to hear if any one has ordered lunch from a MDR menu and had it delivered to their suite...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter