Disney Dream come True 8/28/2011

any thoughts on the cabanas that are for rent on cc, was thinking of possibly booking one but not sure if they will be worth the cost?:confused3

any thoughts on the cabanas that are for rent on cc, was thinking of possibly booking one but not sure if they will be worth the cost?:confused3

Last year - we were all over cast away cay - So renting a cabana doesnt make sence for us as we would never sit still long enough to enjoy it..... cutie:

Yes I could see that in that respect it wouldnt be worth the cost, really the main reason I have been thinking about booking one is for my daughter and the 2 little ones who will be 2 and 4 at the time. I thought since they are so young maybe it would be a good idea for them to have somewhere to perhaps nap and have shade,Iknow there are umbrellas on the beach but a cabana would offer more and would be a little secluded.:cool1:

Hi guys , got a ? what is new roc city ?? and where is it ?

New Roc City is a sort of entertainment complex in New Rochelle NY. The area it was built was fairly run down area and I think most would consider the development a success (the development made the area much nicer). It has a large Regal Movie theatre with an Imax screen, I think it has an ice skating rink, mini golf, billiards, and an arcade. I think it used to also have a indoor go-cart thing... but I think that is where the ice skating rink is now - you would think I'd know as I live like 2 miles away (better google it to make sure). There is an Applebees and a Buffalo Wild Wings place there too.

While I do go there for the movies, I would not consider the place a "destination" that I would travel that far to see. Then again I am a father that might just take my DDs to a place as far away if they pleaded me to do so...

Maybe we should do a pre-cruise meet at New Roc :rotfl:

We're only about 45 minutes away from each other I'd say, well with decent traffic. :)

On a totally different note, do you ever go to New Roc City? My son went there recently on a trip with camp to play in the arcade and he's begging me to take him back. I was wondering if it was worth making the trip up to New Rochelle for.

What part of the City are you in? New Roc is like 25 mins from midtown manhattan (with no traffic).

New Roc City is a sort of entertainment complex in New Rochelle NY. The area it was built was fairly run down area and I think most would consider the development a success (the development made the area much nicer). It has a large Regal Movie theatre with an Imax screen, I think it has an ice skating rink, mini golf, billiards, and an arcade. I think it used to also have a indoor go-cart thing... but I think that is where the ice skating rink is now - you would think I'd know as I live like 2 miles away (better google it to make sure). There is an Applebees and a Buffalo Wild Wings place there too.

While I do go there for the movies, I would not consider the place a "destination" that I would travel that far to see. Then again I am a father that might just take my DDs to a place as far away if they pleaded me to do so...

Maybe we should do a pre-cruise meet at New Roc :rotfl:
This is what i was thinking if not there i do not know how far away you are from the palisades centre this at least has a disney store lol . I do not mind traveling for meets ive been to pa and going to ct in 2 weeks and hershey park in 3 weeks . do you have a date in mind ? post me and if anyone else here can make it it would be fun . and anyone else that cannot make will be there in disney spirit .

What part of the City are you in? New Roc is like 25 mins from midtown manhattan (with no traffic).

I'm in the southern part of Brooklyn closer to Queens, about 10-15 minutes away from JFK to give you an idea.

A pre-cruise meet sounds like it would be fun. :)

I'm in the southern part of Brooklyn closer to Queens, about 10-15 minutes away from JFK to give you an idea.

A pre-cruise meet sounds like it would be fun. :)

I have family in Park Slope if I make it there somtime this year I will let you know maybe we can have a coffee or lunch meet up !

I worked in Bushwick, Brooklyn for ten years before moving and working in Harlem, Manhattan, NYC :cool1:

Some parts of Brooklyn have changed so much in the lat year its almost unrecognizable.

I worked in Bushwick, Brooklyn for ten years before moving and working in Harlem, Manhattan, NYC :cool1:

Some parts of Brooklyn have changed so much in the lat year its almost unrecognizable.
This i have to agree with . We always lived on long island but both of my parents grew up in brooklyn , and grandma lived somewhere on ave P . and it has changed alot since i was a kid .

It sounds like this is going to be the NYers cruise, lol.

I wanted to get out the grand opening of the new Disney Store in Garden City this past weekend, but was too busy.

Hi everyone! We will be cruising on the Dream with you next year. It will be myself and my husband, Adam and our four boys ages at the time - 13, 10, 8, and 5. This is the kids FIRST cruise, but our second. Actually we took our first cruise on Aug 28, 2004! :goodvibes It was a 7 night that turned into a 10 night due to the hurricanes that year. I was a DISboards members for years under admepo, but just signed up again today.

Looking forward to the cruise and meeting everyone here!!!

Oh - and the kids have no idea they are going! We are still debating when to tell them.... :banana:

Hi everyone! We will be cruising on the Dream with you next year. It will be myself and my husband, Adam and our four boys ages at the time - 13, 10, 8, and 5. This is the kids FIRST cruise, but our second. Actually we took our first cruise on Aug 28, 2004! :goodvibes It was a 7 night that turned into a 10 night due to the hurricanes that year. I was a DISboards members for years under admepo, but just signed up again today.

Oh - and the kids have no idea they are going! We are still debating when to tell them.... :banana:

My son will be 9 when we sail, right between your two middle boys in age. I've already told him about the cruise. We were planning on an extended trip to WDW in August but he was so excited when I told him we'd do a shorter trip to WDW and then followed by the cruise on the Dream. Actually his reaction was "Why only a 4 day?" :rotfl:

Our boys have been having serious Disney withdrawls - we just moved back to NJ in January after living in FL for 7 years and being annual pass holders and in Orlando often. They haven't been to Disney since April 2009 :eek: so they are dying to get back there. We will be in FL before the cruise visiting family and are doing the cruise before heading back home. We are debating giving it to them as a partial Christmas gift or if we can make it - waiting until we are on the way to Port! I don't think I could make it that long. I am bursting at the seams already dying to tell them!!! :dance3:

Actually his reaction was "Why only a 4 day?" :rotfl:

That will be my 12 year old.... Why not 7 or 10? If only he knew how much it costs! :rolleyes1

It sounds like this is going to be the NYers cruise, lol.

I wanted to get out the grand opening of the new Disney Store in Garden City this past weekend, but was too busy.
since i took my taxi job to pay for my dec trip i was too tired but wife took the kids and they had a fun time but she said it was crazy alot of people . and you are right it seems like a good quarter of us have alot of good old NY roots going .

Welcome aboard Melaine and your family too our happy band of disers going on this special date i will update my list on monday and add you to it . till then hope you have a nice weekend and too everyone else here too :wizard:
this ship is filling fast with Dis Friends :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

i figured i start a list of who is joining us on this trip , if i forget someone by accident please do not take it too heart and send me a PM and i will add you .
Disney67
Bound for Disney
Mattmommy
Silmarg
Ladyleslie
Dizneeat
Max1
geniemomof4
this going to be a great meet !!! :wizard::woohoo::banana::yay::cool1:

i figured i start a list of who is joining us on this trip , if i forget someone by accident please do not take it too heart and send me a PM and i will add you .
Disney67
Bound for Disney
Mattmommy
Silmarg
Ladyleslie
Dizneeat
Max1
geniemomof4
this going to be a great meet !!! :wizard::woohoo::banana::yay::cool1:

I sent you a PM. :)

Hi guys , I want to start of by saying thank you to a FGM for my kids they loved them very much .
I just got back from a meet with another disboard friend who we talked alot about cruising . and since talking to her i will ask one question to all ? who is planning on arriving for the cruise the day before ? and if you do would you like to get together for a dinner meet ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter