• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream Cat 5E Rm #6690

flinkerfrosch

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed in this room? How was the balcony?
I've read something about a flag blowing in the way, is this accurate?
And, how was the motion being at the aft of the ship?

Thanks!

My sister stayed in this room in September and absolutely loved it! The flag wasn't an issue because they switched to a smaller one. The view in Nassau was outstanding. She would gladly book it again.

I can't remember if we were in this exact room or the one next to it but we were on the 6th floor aft and had the flag. Now this was 2.5 years ago but it was never really an issue. I loved the large balcony and I did feel the motion a little. First time in 3 cruises that I had to use some meds. But my DD and DH didn't feel it at all.
I have a couple of pictures but I haven't figured out how to upload them. :)

We'll be in this cabin on the Fantasy in April and can't wait. I had seen a post in the DIS that showed this balcony & the flag (which is up only when the ship is in port) and the veranda looked terrific! Previously, we had been in cabin 9174 - similar location but on deck 9, and the veranda was AWESOME.

Just returned from a Fantasy cruise and we had 6190. The family we were traveling with had 6192. The flag was a little more in the way on 6192 but its only up in port so we didnt have an issue with it. 6190/6192 do have connecting doors but we didnt have any noise issues. Loved the huge verandah and the location was super convenient to the restaurants, kids club, laundry (on deck 5). I would totally book this room again :)

My sister stayed in this room in September and absolutely loved it! The flag wasn't an issue because they switched to a smaller one. The view in Nassau was outstanding. She would gladly book it again.

Awesome, thank-you!!! I read somewhere that they changed the flag to a smaller one, but I wasn't sure.
I would LOVE to see pics or a video, thanks! :thumbsup2

I can't remember if we were in this exact room or the one next to it but we were on the 6th floor aft and had the flag. Now this was 2.5 years ago but it was never really an issue. I loved the large balcony and I did feel the motion a little. First time in 3 cruises that I had to use some meds. But my DD and DH didn't feel it at all.
I have a couple of pictures but I haven't figured out how to upload them. :)

Thanks for the info!

I'm a bit concerned about motion cause this is our 1st cruise and I do suffer from motion sickness, but hoping I will be okay at sea!
I really wanted category 5E cause of the veranda! It does look great!

What meds worked for you? I know some work differently on some people then others, but I'm just curious!

Thanks!

We'll be in this cabin on the Fantasy in April and can't wait. I had seen a post in the DIS that showed this balcony & the flag (which is up only when the ship is in port) and the veranda looked terrific! Previously, we had been in cabin 9174 - similar location but on deck 9, and the veranda was AWESOME.

Nice!!! You must be so excited!!!

Thanks for replying and the info!

Have an amazing cruise, and maybe if you remember you can post how the room was? :cool1:

Just returned from a Fantasy cruise and we had 6190. The family we were traveling with had 6192. The flag was a little more in the way on 6192 but its only up in port so we didnt have an issue with it. 6190/6192 do have connecting doors but we didnt have any noise issues. Loved the huge verandah and the location was super convenient to the restaurants, kids club, laundry (on deck 5). I would totally book this room again :)

That's great! How was your cruise? Western or Eastern?

I'm so happy to hear all the positive comments about the room, and makes me even more excited!

:goodvibes

I just used good ol fashion dramamine. I have horrible car sickness, I'm a little woosy on the airplane and I've never had an issue before on a cruise and really the only time I did on this one was when I was in the room and we were moving(so only at night). But a little dramamine and sleep and I was good to go.

I just used good ol fashion dramamine. I have horrible car sickness, I'm a little woosy on the airplane and I've never had an issue before on a cruise and really the only time I did on this one was when I was in the room and we were moving(so only at night). But a little dramamine and sleep and I was good to go.

I get horrible motion sickness in the car as well. I can't read, look down or anything! I'm not too bad on planes unless their is a lot of turbulences.

I will get some dramamine and some other meds to be safe:)

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter