Disney Dream Cat 4 Staterooms that sleep 4

jhryb

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hello
I'm wondering if the Cat 4 staterooms on the Disney Dream that sleep 4 have the upper berth pull-down bed (above the sofa bed) OR the wall pull-down bed beside the sliding doors? I know that the staterooms that can accomodate 5 have both but which pull-down option is in the staterooms for 4?
ALSO - if my family of four books a stateroom that can accomodate 5 people do we get a choice of which pull-down we wish to use?
Thanks
Jennifer

The cat 4's that sleep 4 DO NOT have the murphy bed by the veranda only the convertible sofa and pull down bunk. If you have a room that sleeps 5, you can ask you room host to make up the room however you want. Beware though that the murphy bed completely blocks the veranda door when down, making access to the balcony VERY difficult. DCL will also try to book your family in a cat 4 that sleeps 4, if you are only a party of 4. I believe that most if not all of the non-connecting cat 4's are the ones that sleep 4.

We've had the Cat. 4B stateroom with the Murphy bed on our last 2 Dream cruises.

While the space between the side of the bed and the verandah door was narrow, we DID NOT find it difficult to exit the room with the Murphy bed down. Like many other things, it's only as difficult as you want to make it!

I personally found that by standing at the foot of the Murphy bed and taking one step alongside the bed it was easy to reach the handle and open the door. My husband would just hop on the bed and open the door!

I have some photos of the Murphy bed while down, as well as the ceiling pull down bed, and would be happy to send them if you send me your e-mail.

Best wishes.

Thank you both for your help. I wanted to make sure that our stateroom for four will have the pull down bunk and it sounds like it will. It also sounds like I need to select a stateroom that only accomodates 4 people to avoid the risk of being moved.

(snip) I believe that most if not all of the non-connecting cat 4's are the ones that sleep 4.

Not always true. 7122, a category 4C only sleeps 4 people, its connecting stateroom, 7124 also a 4C sleeps 5 using the murphy bed. So far, there really is no obvious rhyme or reason as to how they figured out which rooms would sleep 4, and which would sleep 5

Thank you both for your help. I wanted to make sure that our stateroom for four will have the pull down bunk and it sounds like it will. It also sounds like I need to select a stateroom that only accomodates 4 people to avoid the risk of being moved.

Just to let you know, on both Dream cruises, we were a party of 3 in the Cat. 4B stateroom with the Murphy bed that sleeps 5. Will be the same for our next cruise in May.

If you are 4 people and wish to have a 5-bed stateroom you will be accommodated provided one is available.

Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter