Disney Dream April 18-21, 2013

I recommend bringing a card from a food store or some other none credit card to keep in the slot by the door instead of your room card. All the power is activated by having a card in the slot.
Quart size ziplock bags.
Sports bottle
Small bills (for room service)
Water shoes (the deck and the stairs to the aqua duck will burn your feet)

If this is your first time at Walt Disney world with the kids (1 & 5) what we did when ours were that age was get up early and hit the parks we wanted to see that day. We would do a character breakfast before the park opened. Like at animal kingdom. We timed it so we were finished when the park opened. Then head to the safari ride and ride it. We would leave the park before lunch time and go back to the hotel. After lunch and a nap go to the pool and then head back to the parks and eat dinner and then enjoy the parks in the evening. We planned our day around extra magic hours.
Disney allows snacks to be brought in to the parks.

Also if you're staying on disney and a couple days you can have your purchases sent to the room.
Another thing is a banana stroller. For going to and from the parks and rent theirs.

I see a few poeple have "Not Sure" next to participating in the FE. Do we have a final list? Thanks!!!

I see a few poeple have "Not Sure" next to participating in the FE. Do we have a final list? Thanks!!!

The FE closed on Monday, so I assume that the not sure's are now a no. I will change them on the list, and will bold the names that are a yes for the FE so it is easier to find them on the list.

Vacation is almost here! :beach:

Wow lots of activity since I last check in!

Cabin Number: 8674
Adults in cabin and relationship to each other: Me & BFF
Children in cabin and also their relationship to you: Me - DN (7.5), BFF - DD (5.5)
Interested in participating in an FE: Yes
Where are you from? Suburb of Detroit MI
Early or Late dining: Late
First cruise? Me and BFF 2nd cruise. First for girls
Excursions: Not sure yet

Hi Heather457, do you want me to add names to the FE information? It's not mandatory but it will help with delivering the gifts. Let me know, thanks!

Hi Heather457, do you want me to add names to the FE information? It's not mandatory but it will help with delivering the gifts. Let me know, thanks!

I am doing something personalized with first names for FE gifts, would appreciate first names if that's okay with you!:)

total newbie question...I don't want to ask on the main board and get laughed at so hopefully somewhere here can answer. :lmao:

Will our cell phones work on the ship? Only when on land maybe??? I'm just talking about for calls/texts. BUT -- what about 3G/4G to go online?

I also will have my KF to go online, but I have to buy WiFi minutes for that, right?

Can't wait for April 18th!

NCDoxies Cabin 8156
Adults in cabin and relationship to each other: Me & DS & DN
Children in cabin and also their relationship to you: None
Interested in participating in an FE: Yes
Where are you from? Wake Forest, NC
Early or Late dining: Late
First cruise? No , 2nd DCL for me and DS. First for DN
Excursions: Jetski

Love the FE, hope more will join in the fun.

How old is Holly, she is the DN correct? Trying to decide what gift to do for her.

total newbie question...I don't want to ask on the main board and get laughed at so hopefully somewhere here can answer. :lmao:

Will our cell phones work on the ship? Only when on land maybe??? I'm just talking about for calls/texts. BUT -- what about 3G/4G to go online?

I also will have my KF to go online, but I have to buy WiFi minutes for that, right?

Ok you stumped me on this one. I supposed you can get service if you have 3G/4G, but at some point when we enter international waters, you will pay international rates. You can search the question to see if anyone else has asked, so you won't have to put it on the main board. But I am sure no one would laugh. I'm not sure if you would pay extra to go on line, I think thats a great question! Maybe your service provide can answer it on their web page as well. I am almost positive if you use your KF to go on line, or anything that would use WiFi, you will have to pay for that.

Ok you stumped me on this one. I supposed you can get service if you have 3G/4G, but at some point when we enter international waters, you will pay international rates. You can search the question to see if anyone else has asked, so you won't have to put it on the main board. But I am sure no one would laugh. I'm not sure if you would pay extra to go on line, I think thats a great question! Maybe your service provide can answer it on their web page as well. I am almost positive if you use your KF to go on line, or anything that would use WiFi, you will have to pay for that.

Yeah, i have the KF/Wifi figured out, si guess i can buy wi fi minutes. Im just wondering if i can get texts/calls

Yeah, i have the KF/Wifi figured out, si guess i can buy wi fi minutes. Im just wondering if i can get texts/calls

Yes, you can get texts/calls on your cellphone, but that is a separate charge that your carrier will bill to you directly. I have international roaming on my phone so it's not as costly. Unless you don't mind incurring those charges, it's recommended that you turn off your smartphone, put it in airplane mode, or turn roaming off. Otherwise, you will get billed for each text or call that you receive similar to traveling internationally.

Here is what Disney has to say:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/onboard-services/cell-phones/

Hope that's helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter