Disney Dream April 18-21, 2013

gotdbltrbl said:
For everyone joining the FE, as I was working on getting mine together and tagging them, I realized that we don't have names listed. Our FE has our names and I think the majority of them do, so if you want to add your names to the list so delivery is easier (your not wondering who is DS/DH/DD etc) please let me know and I will add them. As I did on mine for example. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Getting closer!! :cheer2::cheer2:

Me=Jen
DH=Brent
DD11=Madeline
DD6=Elisabeth
Thanks for organizing this FE!!

gotdbltrbl said:
For everyone joining the FE, as I was working on getting mine together and tagging them, I realized that we don't have names listed. Our FE has our names and I think the majority of them do, so if you want to add your names to the list so delivery is easier (your not wondering who is DS/DH/DD etc) please let me know and I will add them. As I did on mine for example. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Glad for a few more FE participants too, I know my girls are going to love this!

NYSapphire@aol.com said:
SO SO EXCITED...just booked

NYSapphire 2 Cabins on 8th floor 8551 and 8552
Adults in cabin and relationship to each other: Me & DH & DM
Children in cabin and also their relationship to you: DS 8, DS 1
Interested in participating in an FE: DEFINITELY YES
Where are you from? New Fairfield, CT
Early or Late dining: Early
First cruise? First Disney cruise for us all...2nd cruise for adults and one child (Norweigan Dawn)
Excursions: Not booked yet

Greetings - this is my first Disney Cruise and I welcome any insights the experts here can provide!! I saw something about obstructed views and think mine may be one of them - but it really didn't look that bad...any insight?

Did I mention that I am excited!!!:dance3::cheer2:

Not sure if you needed last names
NYSapphire
Me. Tricia
DH. Mark

DM. Grandma MAureen
DS 8 Matthew
DS1 Blake

gotdbltrbl said:
Hi NYSapphire! Welcome! I've added you to the list! :yay: There are a few of us on this thread that have done a few cruises so ask away. I don't know about the obstructed view, so I can't help there. Your going to love the Disney cruise, especially Castaway Cay!

I welcome any tips on traveling with a one year old on the cruise. For starters wondering
Will a regular size stroller be ok on board since I will need for after the cruise
Are the pools operational when you first get on the ship
Has anyone used the nursery and what is their take on it
Three days seems so short to explore the whole ship. Any top five things I must do?
Castaway cay. Anything I must do there or ok to just chill on the beach and maybe snorkel?

I am SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!

Me = Christina
DH = Brian
DD = Kara
DS = Nicholas

NCDoxies said:
Can't wait for April 18th!

NCDoxies Cabin 8156
Adults in cabin and relationship to each other: Me & DS & DN
Children in cabin and also their relationship to you: None
Interested in participating in an FE: Yes
Where are you from? Wake Forest, NC
Early or Late dining: Late
First cruise? No , 2nd DCL for me and DS. First for DN
Excursions: Jetski

Love the FE, hope more will join in the fun.

Names for FE

Merrilee
Tina
Holly

I am so looking forward to the 17th of next month. Flying down and going to the animal kingdom villas. The going to Downtown Disney and eating at The Rex.
Then going back and relaxing at the pool. The next day getting up and heading to the ship for three fantastic nights on the best cruise line.
Then departing the ship to go stay at the wilderness villas.

We can't wait either! We are staying at Animal Kingdom before as well, arriving on Saturday before. The kids have no idea, and can't wait to see their faces, and I can't wait to see the place! We have never been there. I have an ADR at Whispering Canyons because I really wanted to see Wilderness Lodge, so we eat there before we head to the ship on Thursday. Is it April yet? :rotfl2:

I welcome any tips on traveling with a one year old on the cruise. For starters wondering
Will a regular size stroller be ok on board since I will need for after the cruise
Are the pools operational when you first get on the ship
Has anyone used the nursery and what is their take on it
Three days seems so short to explore the whole ship. Any top five things I must do?
Castaway cay. Anything I must do there or ok to just chill on the beach and maybe snorkel?

I am SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!

I don't know about strollers or the nursery, but the pools are open when you first get on. They close them at some point so they can have the safety drill and deck party. 3 days is very short and sometimes you do try to get it all in. If your not getting off the boat in the Bahamas then you will have a lot more time to explore it. They give you a schedule of activities everyday, we try to circle what we want to do. We are playing bingo this time which we didn't last time. There is the Mouse Detective game that your DS will probably enjoy, somewhere near the "main lobby" area (I know that is not the nautical term) there is a desk where you get a card and walk around the ship and find interactive pictures. And you try to solve a mystery. There was also mini golf which we never got around to playing that my kids want to this time too. On Castaway Cay, my son somehow got into a hermit crab race which was a lot of fun, his crab didn't win but he had fun with it anyway. We brought our own snorkel stuff with us, which you can do. And just got a life vest from the lifeguard station. You can rent a raft too, and I read somewhere that if you have AAA the raft is free if you show your card. We have been to Castaway Cay 3 times and never knew it had a runway and an observation tower, two things I want to see this time. I think if you stay on the tram it takes you down the runway. We always mail postcards to ourselves from the Post Office, its nice to have that arrive later once your back home in reality and missing Castaway Cay! If I think of anything else, I'll let you know!

If you stay on the tram you will have to switch to the adult tram to get to the runway. Or you can walk there.

I would recommend bringing a little fold up stroller. You'll find it is easier to get on and off the tram. I have 4 kids and learned after my first one those little fold up ones work so much better at Disney and on the ship. On major reason is the elevators get packed and it will take you for ever to get on one with a large stroller. One tip it's a good thing to go down to go up.

If you rent bikes, can you take them down the runway/tramway?

Yes you can. It is not an active runway. The only thing is that at the end of the runway is Serenity Bay, so if you have kids with you, you have to turn back.:goodvibes

gotdbltrbl said:
Hi tinam922! Are you staying on Disney property before the cruise? I couldn't imagine anyone of any age not LOVING the cruise! I'm sure there are some out there that might not, but I still can't imagine it! :rotfl2:

I know...right?! Yes, we are onsight for three days before and then two days after. You know you have to make the most of it! My last Disney cruise was 7 days so I am afraid this one will seem really short.

I know...right?! Yes, we are onsight for three days before and then two days after. You know you have to make the most of it! My last Disney cruise was 7 days so I am afraid this one will seem really short.

We are at WDW for 3 nights before the cruise and 1 night after. Where will you be staying? We will be at AKL Jambo.

We can't wait either! We are staying at Animal Kingdom before as well, arriving on Saturday before. The kids have no idea, and can't wait to see their faces, and I can't wait to see the place! We have never been there. I have an ADR at Whispering Canyons because I really wanted to see Wilderness Lodge, so we eat there before we head to the ship on Thursday. Is it April yet? :rotfl2:

We are at WDW for 3 nights before the cruise and 1 night after. Where will you be staying? We will be at AKL Jambo.

Looks like 2 families from the cruise at AKL before the cruise. We will be getting in on Monday the 15. We will be coming in by Autotrain. I got reservations for Queen Victoria Room at Victoria & Alberts at the Grand Floridian for Monday night. You get the same foods you would get at the Chef's table, but it's not in the kitchen. It is a small room with 4 tables off of the main dining room. I originally had ressies for Remy onboard the 1st night, but when I got this I cancelled that. The foods are very similar and I figure if we eat that much twice in a week we will gain 50 lbs. each. Not that we won't still eat a lot in the main dining rooms. It's a short cruise, so I figure this way we won't miss any of the dining rooms.

We will be doing Wild Africa Trek at AK the Tuesday before the cruise. This is a surprise for DH. I wanted to keep V&A at a surprise too, but Disney called back just as he walked in the door and he saw the caller ID and got all excited so I ended up telling him. Well, at least I have one secret yet. We won't be doing any excursions on the cruise. If we get off in Nassau we will probably just walk around town a bit.

gotdbltrbl said:

Hi! Just noticed a misspelling on DD#2 name.
Elisabeth (with an S, rather than a Z). Thanks so much!!

Looks like 2 families from the cruise at AKL before the cruise. We will be getting in on Monday the 15. We will be coming in by Autotrain. I got reservations for Queen Victoria Room at Victoria & Alberts at the Grand Floridian for Monday night. You get the same foods you would get at the Chef's table, but it's not in the kitchen. It is a small room with 4 tables off of the main dining room. I originally had ressies for Remy onboard the 1st night, but when I got this I cancelled that. The foods are very similar and I figure if we eat that much twice in a week we will gain 50 lbs. each. Not that we won't still eat a lot in the main dining rooms. It's a short cruise, so I figure this way we won't miss any of the dining rooms.

We will be doing Wild Africa Trek at AK the Tuesday before the cruise. This is a surprise for DH. I wanted to keep V&A at a surprise too, but Disney called back just as he walked in the door and he saw the caller ID and got all excited so I ended up telling him. Well, at least I have one secret yet. We won't be doing any excursions on the cruise. If we get off in Nassau we will probably just walk around town a bit.

We are doing the Wild Africa Trek on Sunday! I can't wait. Another surprise for the kids that they have no clue about. I am getting so excited!

Have you ever taken the autotrain before? I was tempted to look into it, but we got a good deal on our rental car. My kids and I have taken the train from Boston to Maryland more than a few times and we love the train, DH never has and thinks he would feel too confined.

I looked into the auto train. But it cost 2600 for my family of 6 plus car. When my airfare, parking and rental car is 1600.
Im there in 5 hours including drive to and from airport verses 19.

Hi All - For the FE joiners who gave me your names, please check they are spelled correctly, my computer sometimes doesn't understand what my fingers type :rotfl: Remember, we are closing the FE on Monday March 25th so it will give us some time to finish up projects (I know I am still working on mine) and have an exact count. My 13 DS is really looking forward to walking the ship and "sneaking" the gifts into the FEs (he thinks he is stealth like). Our trip is coming right up!! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter