Disney Dream! 8/15/2012

I'm sure I'll have more questions come up as the cruise gets closer. But for right now, if you were to suggest 1 very important thing for a relatively new cruiser...what would it be?:yay:

One thing that is very important to remember as a fairly new cruiser is that you can't do it all. Take time to enjoy the things you do but don't overdo it rushing around trying to experience everything.

That is why we take so many cruises:rotfl2:

This is cruise number 22 for us. :eek:

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask and we will try to answer if we can.

Final preparations have begun!!!!!!
I can't believe how quick time is passing.

I've read a lot of different opinions about appropriate dress for the dinners.
We are not going to palo or remy's. We have our formal outfits but what is appropriate for the other nights.

Is it ok for the guys to wear 'dress' shorts or are pants the better option?

If you are asking for my opinion, I would say go ahead and wear the shorts to dinner.:thumbsup2

Honestly who will even see them once you sit down?

I don't pay that much attention to what other people are wearing to the dining room but there are some people who would get deeply offended if you wore the shorts.:confused3

I say, within reason, wear what you are comfortable in and don't worry about what anybody else says.

I agree with Cruisin'

I think if you wore jeans cut offs and an ill fitting tank top- i might be offended;) but casual dress shorts and a nice t shirt or golf type shirt should be sufficient.

Can we please have clarification of the short forms on this stateroom?

I'm not sure if these are men or women:confused3

I was wondering about this too... I think its grandfather, and boyfriend?????

Well, looks like we'll be joining you all on this cruise! Just decided that we wanted to go on another one (sailed on the Dream over Thanksgiving last year) and there you have it! It's done! :-) YAY!

I feel so late to the game - last year, I was DISboarding and FB'ing for months and months in advance, getting to know everyone, etc. I see I missed the FE deadline, but I understand the need to finalize a date and headcount, etc. Hope you all have fun with that! We had a total blast last year. I think I'll still plan to decorate our door though.

A little about me -- I'm Kristin, just turned 40, and I live in Tampa, Florida with my DH (41) and DS. Our son will be turning six the day we sail (decided to do a cruise instead of a party for his birthday!). We love Disney and take major advantage of being just an hour away. We have annual passes to the parks and get over there as often as we can. We were never big cruisers, until our first Disney cruise last year and we've got the bug - bad! :)

I look forward to chatting it up over the next couple of months. I can hardly wait to set sail!!!!!

K

Well, looks like we'll be joining you all on this cruise! Just decided that we wanted to go on another one (sailed on the Dream over Thanksgiving last year) and there you have it! It's done! :-) YAY!

I feel so late to the game - last year, I was DISboarding and FB'ing for months and months in advance, getting to know everyone, etc. I see I missed the FE deadline, but I understand the need to finalize a date and headcount, etc. Hope you all have fun with that! We had a total blast last year. I think I'll still plan to decorate our door though.

A little about me -- I'm Kristin, just turned 40, and I live in Tampa, Florida with my DH (41) and DS. Our son will be turning six the day we sail (decided to do a cruise instead of a party for his birthday!). We love Disney and take major advantage of being just an hour away. We have annual passes to the parks and get over there as often as we can. We were never big cruisers, until our first Disney cruise last year and we've got the bug - bad! :)

I look forward to chatting it up over the next couple of months. I can hardly wait to set sail!!!!!

K

Hello Kristin and welcome aboard with your family. I'm sure that your son will love his special birthday "party".

Kristin! So glad you posted, I am also from the Tampa area and will be traveling with 3 kids, one of which, my DD is 6 yrs old! I hope we can meet up :):yay:

K

Hi Kristen! Glad to have you join us. Can't believe how fast the time is flying now! I still have so much to do!

Sorry you missed the cut-off date for the Fish Extender. This is the first time I am participating in a FE. I've decided to try my hand at a duck tape one. I don't sew, so I thought it would be safer choice. LOL We'll see! I also started with my idea/gift selection; some of it bought, some of it made. Hoping everything comes together the way I picture it.

One thing that is very important to remember as a fairly new cruiser is that you can't do it all. Take time to enjoy the things you do but don't overdo it rushing around trying to experience everything.

That is why we take so many cruises:rotfl2:

This is cruise number 22 for us. :eek:

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask and we will try to answer if we can.

Thanks for the tip! I am having each person in my family come up with just 1 thing that is their "must do" for the cruise...anything in addition to that will be gravy!
:thumbsup2

holy cow - 22 cruises! you're my hero!:woohoo:

Thanks for the tip! I am having each person in my family come up with just 1 thing that is their "must do" for the cruise...anything in addition to that will be gravy!
:thumbsup2

holy cow - 22 cruises! you're my hero!:woohoo:

:thumbsup2 Not all of them have been Disney Cruises but the majority of them have been.

Anything I can help with please feel free to ask.

Kristin! So glad you posted, I am also from the Tampa area and will be traveling with 3 kids, one of which, my DD is 6 yrs old! I hope we can meet up :):yay:

Betsy (Dalpal) and I had set up some information for a DIS meet the first afternoon onboard but she never posted it here yet.

I will find the information and post it.

Here it is:

Hello fellow cruisers! Robin and I have come up with a meeting place if it works for everyone.

We will all meet up before the sail away at 3PM-ish in the Bon Voyage lounge.
It is ........
From the disney site: "a bar located on Deck 3, Midship, situated in the grand Atrium on the Disney Dream. It is the perfect place for Guests to enjoy a refreshing beverage before dinner.
Bon Voyage offers a sophisticated Art Deco retreat for Guests to relax and unwind at the bar or in its comfortable sitting area.

Beverages
Bon Voyage's full bar serves a large selection of beer, wine and mixed cocktails to Guests 21 years of age or older for an additional fee."

This is really just a very short get together before the cruise really gets started.

It gives everyone a chance to meet so that when we see each other later on we can recognize each other.

Should only be about 15 - 20 minutes at the most.

Everyone is welcome to come.

Betsy (Dalpal) and I had set up some information for a DIS meet the first afternoon onboard but she never posted it here yet.

I will find the information and post it.

Here it is:

Hello fellow cruisers! Robin and I have come up with a meeting place if it works for everyone.

We will all meet up before the sail away at 3PM-ish in the Bon Voyage lounge.
It is ........
From the disney site: "a bar located on Deck 3, Midship, situated in the grand Atrium on the Disney Dream. It is the perfect place for Guests to enjoy a refreshing beverage before dinner.
Bon Voyage offers a sophisticated Art Deco retreat for Guests to relax and unwind at the bar or in its comfortable sitting area.

Beverages
Bon Voyage's full bar serves a large selection of beer, wine and mixed cocktails to Guests 21 years of age or older for an additional fee."

Thanks Robin, :thumbsup2
It should be fun, seeing everyone, and finding out who's who. :goodvibes

Hi everyone,

We just booked this cruise yesterday for me, DH, DD 14, DS 10, DS 7. First time we have booked so close to sailing, but the VGT rate was too tempting! :) We are waiting until my DS's 11th birthday at the end of this month to tell the kids.

I haven't read through the whole thread, so sorry if this was already mentioned - does anyone know which night will be pirate night, night 2 or 3?

62 days!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter