DISNEY DREAM 5-nights May 29th, 2011

I made the mistake of getting on the scale this morning. It yelled to get off...:scared1:

:rotfl: I refuse to get on mine.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Domii - so funny about your mom doing the Aquaduck twice.

We had a great time on the ship. We booked another one, but plan on moving it when they release the 2013 sailings. We wanted to book Jan 3, 2012, but they sold out of that one.

I am so glad that I got to meet several of you. Wish I could have met more.

Thank you for all the FE gifts. My kids loved checking the pockets.

I just requested to join the FB group.

Just wanted to stop by and say how great it was to meet everyone! We loved all the FE gifts and had so much fun seeing what else might be in there each time we went to the room. I don't know where the 5 days went cause we meant to spend more time hanging out and chatting but seemed like we were always on our way to the next thing! I was bummed that we had an excursion scheduled the same time as the champagne tasting. Did anyone get to go and how was it?

If anyone is posting pictures or a trip report, please let us know so we can follow it.

Everyone take care and again, it was really great to meet all of you.

It is amazing how they remember you. The woman who was working the booking desk (brain fart on her name) remembered me from last October. I teased her that she probably says that to everyone. She said my beard was much thinner last year. Guess she did remember me....:laughing:

Her name is Leslie - she remembered me too.

I've started a trip report at:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2735176

I'm focusing on text but I'll try to post some pictures later on.

Robert

Hey y'all!!! Sorry I haven't posted earlier. We had a great cruise meeting everyone, seeing folks at dinner, at cabanas, on the line at aquaduck, at the theater, in quiet cove, detective route, elevator bank... We loved seeing friendly faces everywhere. Anyway, quickly, since I'm typing on my iPhone and I still dislike this keyboard compared to a real keyboard, we're still at BLT until Friday and a quick surprise father's day stay at akl fri & sat night before going home :(. We did save the navigators and if someone hasn't posted them by then I will. My family loved all the fe's!!!! Thank you so much for the thoughtfulness. I hope you enjoy the DVD we left. I watched and collected all the video logs about the building of the dream and made it into the DVD. It even has the horns of the dream on it. Anyway, I'll post more when we return!

-Virginia

Hi! Anyone know the crew member mailing address for the Dream? I can find the other 2 ships in the FAQ but nothing for our sailing.

Thanks,
Kelly

Hey guys,

Josie and I finally made it home on Monday.. We had a wonderful stay at AKV after the cruise. Love that resort!
We also had the best day at Epcot on Saturday..We stayed 13 hours!!!:goodvibes
We pretty much ate our way around the World Showcase..I did not think the weather or crowds were too bad at WDW...We went too DTD on Sunday and did lunch at the Rainforest cafe and that was good too..Then we went too the Poly for Dole whip and too the monorail over too MK to grab our bus back too AKV...Just had too see the castle a little before I left...:goodvibes

Chuck & Mark,
It was fun hanging out with you guys. Thanks for inviting us up too Concierge lounge on Friday night. Josie just loved that!

I PM'd Stevie dad Bill too see when he can meet me too pick up all the FE items. You guys all did good!! I had a lot of stuff too bring back home with me.:thumbsup2

The Champagne tasting was full...Several of us did the Martini tasting on sea day..That was a lot of fun....I really enjoyed it.

The whole trip was fantastic!!!!!

We rebooked the Dream for October 2012 and I am taking my husband with us this next time....He will love it!!

I love meeting all of you! What a great time...Thanks Angie for our dinner at Palo. That was wonderful! My husband loved the Calgary rodeo ornament.

Welcome home everyone -- so sorry that I did not get to meet a lot of you during the cruise -- but enjoyed the first meet on Sunday.
Thank you to everyone for your generous and creative FE gifts -- it was so much fun to open our door and check our pockets. pirate:The size of the Dream made distributing FE gifts part of the workout and getting to know the ship. This was my first experience with a DIS board, FE's and planning for the cruise outside our little travel family of 10. It was wonderful to share the excitement of the cruise with all of you (even if it was not as long as some of the other members) and just started with our west coast cruise on the Wonder for September 2012.
I can only hope that there are as many wonderful people on the next cruise. Will try to post some of the 1400 pics our group took over the cruise - next task is signing up for the FB group.

Time to get back to work and try to stop thinking about where I was last week at this time... hmmm I think it was the movies and thinking about a konk kooler..... if only they bottled those. See you all real soon
Kathleenpirate:

Oh man, is it ever HOT today! Currently 97 outside--we didn't even get this hot on the cruise!!

I put in my request to join the FB group. I see a number of familiar faces on there already!!

Michelle, that was so great of you to take all the stuff home for Stevie! Can't wait to hear about his reaction :thumbsup2

The champagne tasting was good (but I had more fun at the martini tasting!) I learned I like sweet champagne better than brut, but a mix of the 2 would be even better! The Bubble Dessert was a real treat!!

hey gang

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have so enjoyed having this group to chat with, etc the last several months! I doubt the DisBoards leaves these "meet" threads open forever, right? Even though some of us may not cross paths in person again I'd sure love to keep in touch anyways! Some of you have become a very important part of my day :love:

So anyways, wasn't sure what to do so I decided to create a group on Facebook for us all to hang out on. I'm still tweaking it and not sure I have it right, but we'll see. I made it a private group where I have to approve the members, etc. So I need someone to go to their facebook account, search for First to Dream It Twice Friends and see if it pulls a page up for you and if there is a place where you can request to join the group! (Tell me your DisName in the request so I can figure out who you are).

If you do this, and there is no place to request to join the group, let me know and I'll play with it some more!!

Thanks!
Angie

Angie- great idea, but I can't find on FB where to put in the name of the group- so if you or anyone can help me please!! thanks!:confused3

We had a fantastic time!! Thank you so much for all the amazing goodies we found outside our door. The conceirge staff labeled us the "fun" family because if that.

I regret not meeting most of you during the trip. We ran into Virginia last night at Fantasmic!! That was fun.

My mother has the distinct honor of being the oldest women to ride the aquaduck twice!! Rachel even gave her a certificate and a mention at the last show!!! Pretty cool for 85!

I think we were next to you on Serenity Bay on the 2nd dip as I heard someone mention that she went on the aquaduck and she is 85. you were talking to a younger couple. Good for her!!!

Well, sad our cruise is over, but the cruise was great, wish I got to meet more but thank you all as we are/were a fun group!! The FE gifts were great- very talented and creative! Thank you.

Got shut out of the champagne tasting- only 10 spots!:eek: What were they thinking -having 10 spots on that size of the ship or only 1 class?:confused3 However, it worked out as some of us got in on the martini tasting! lots of fun!:goodvibes

We booked another double dip for 6/29/12.:cool1: Now the waiting!:rolleyes1

I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the FE. We got such awesome gifts and I so appreciate all of the effort you all put into the gifts and getting them to us on that huge ship! And a special thank you to those of you who added a birthday card - that was so thoughtful and really meant a lot to me since my cell didn't work at all and I didn't even get to talk to my parents on my birthday. I guess I should've researched the participating carriers before we left :sad2: .

I was disappointed that I did not get to meet many of you, we weren't paying close enough attention to the time and missed the first meet, then Payton decided he was too old for the club but was nervous to ask to be moved into the Edge so he ended up hanging out with me more than either of us expected. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you all over the past few months though and hope to have the chance to meet you again. I signed up for the fb group but it didn't prompt me for my disboard name - although I'm pretty sure I'm the only Sabrina in the group?

We pulled into the driveway about 8p.m. By 10p.m. I had all the suitcases emptied, and 75% of the stuff put away. We did laundry at Saratoga, so I only have one load of laundry to do! I just need to find a new home for all the fun FE stuff!

By 1030p.m. I had downloaded my pictures. I haven't had a chance to edit more than a handful of them, but wanted to share what I think might be my favorite one from the whole batch!

Best Disney Cruise pic by abcangie87, on Flickr

:love:

Love the pic - absolutely beautiful! Hope Brooke is feeling better. I have to :worship: - we got home late Monday night and the only things that have been unpacked are the toothbrushes! Hopefully I'll be unpacked, done with the laundry, and uploading our pics by Sunday evening, but I think that's a little ambitious between baseball and birthday parties, not to mention work and school!

I made the mistake of getting on the scale this morning. It yelled to get off...:scared1:

I've been too scared to even attempt to step on mine :rolleyes1 !

We were so excited when we booked this, our first Disney Cruise...and shortly after, we found this DIS board and the entire experience became an incredible adventure for all of us. You allowed us into your family and taught us about excursions, dining rotations, Palo/Remy, stateroom location & preferences, boarding, FE's and the gift exchange and our meet. Armored with all of this knowledge, we got on board to a whirlwind of excitement and adrenaline, but I don't know where the time went, because we didn't make our meeting time with you and don't even know if we met anyone from this group. This was our only unfortunate experience to a perfect vacation. I know I did meet Virginia...poor woman, she opened her door when we were leaving our gifts for them and voila! there I was. Thank you Virginia for all you did and thank you Chuck, you worked so hard for all of us and we are incredibly grateful to you both. Perhaps you met us or our children, maybe they bothered you or stepped on your toes, I'm sorry for that. They had an incredible time and are pleased that we took advantage of booking another cruise, we are thinking some time in 2013 will work. Our journey, adventure was much more special because of all of you.

1905795.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0567.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC_0566.jpg

Payton and I remember your door - we loved the sports ball Mickey heads :thumbsup2 ! Five days is just not long enough to really slow down and enjoy every opportunity on board - I think the next cruise we take will be a transatlantic ;) !

Thank you all again for everything! Looking forward to keeping up with everyone on fb.

- Bree

ok. I must have missed the FB group name...So someone tell me what too put in too find our group...Please!!:goodvibes

I talked too Bill yesterday and they are planning to take Stevie to the Zoo tomorrow and that is right by my work. So they are bringing him by Childrens hospital so that I can give him all the FE items in person...Very exciting!! So I look forward too meeting them all tomorrow. I will let you all know how it goes.:thumbsup2

It has been almost 100 degrees here in St .Louis since I got back....I can not believe we had better weather in Florida!! Epcot was warm ,but it was breezy and not too bad at all..We loved it.. The cruise weather was fantastic!!!

ok. I must have missed the FB group name...So someone tell me what too put in too find our group...Please!!:goodvibes

I talked too Bill yesterday and they are planning to take Stevie to the Zoo tomorrow and that is right by my work. So they are bringing him by Childrens hospital so that I can give him all the FE items in person...Very exciting!! So I look forward too meeting them all tomorrow. I will let you all know how it goes.:thumbsup2

It has been almost 100 degrees here in St .Louis since I got back....I can not believe we had better weather in Florida!! Epcot was warm ,but it was breezy and not too bad at all..We loved it.. The cruise weather was fantastic!!!

Hi Michelle,

Great news that you will get to see Stevie tomorrow. We are all really appreciative of the thoughtfulness. I am sure he will love it all.

Michelle, that is great that you get to meet Stevie and his parents! Send them hugs from Cruise Tink and Tink-Hon... thank you for being the courier for their FE gifts. It is hot here in Baltimore too - almost 100 yesterday and today with not much relief in sight -- really shouldn't complain though, nothing compared to lots of the country.
Just searched through the thread and found FB First to Dream It Twice Friends I am going to try to find it now --thanks for spreading the pixie dust in St. Louis and thanks for the FE gifts. Sorry never got to meet you - so many people on such a big ship -- take care Kathleen:wizard:

Let us know how it goes! Thanks again for carrying all the FE stuff back for him. Still hate that happened to them.

QUOTE]

Michelle-thanks again for being the courier! Get some pics! I know Bill has joined the FB group so hopefully he'll put some pics up here or there! :) I wish I could be there too!

My roll call for next years cruise is boring. I miss this one....:sad2:

Good thing you've still got us then, chuck :) :hug:

It has been blazing hot here in Wichita too. Blech. And last night, we had the strangest thing happen. a HEAT BURST. Heard of it? It was on the west side of town (I'm on the east side).... around midnight, it was 82 degrees and breezy, and just TWENTY MINUTES later it was 102 degrees with 60 mph winds. NO KIDDING. The temp SPIKED 20 DEGREES in the middle of the night? How weird is that!

I too want to just say again thanks everyone for the FE gifts, etc. I'm especially glad that the project to send some love to Stevie has worked out so well! My inlaws had a LOT of stuff delivered to their door for Michelle to take home. Even some folks who didn't participate in the FE I think dropped some stuff. And I know a certain awesome someone (who's name starts with phila and ends with tiger) even did a little something extra for the little guy that I'm sure they will love. :lovestruc If you weren't aware, that philatiger guy has such a heart!

If you are still looking for the FB group, when you are logged in across the top there should be a place to "search" just put in First To Dream It Twice Friends and that should get you to us!

Have a great day gang. I'm going to go take a nap :)

oxoxox

Found our FB page...Sent request!!!:thumbsup2 Thanks!

I have all Stevie FE items...I brought my camera too..

Will post pics. Very exciting!:goodvibes

Things are just starting to slow down here! That cruise was FABULOUS!!!!!!! It was so fun to now know that rachel was talking about a real person at the last show! We always thought they made it up. We figured that all of the CM's that we would see would be new but we saw Erasmo(Server in 2007), Ronald(Head Server in 2007) and both remembered us! We talked with Erasmo to see if Kendal(Assist. Server in 2007) was also onboard but he got off they day we got on. :( But it was fun seeing them again. I Sent a request for the FB page. Though I didn't get to meet all of you, it was great fun meeting those I did and exchanging gift with everyone! And same with Chuck, my new meet thread hasn't had much activity since February! This group was much more active! I will miss being able to use you all as an excuse to not do my work! Well any way, off to ACT prep class(I take the ACT tomorrow! :scared1: ) Wish me luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter